Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACE Online Episode 4.3 New Features Guide - Nation Contribution Point Overhaul

Default ACE Online Episode 4.3 New Features Guide - Nation Contribution Point Overhaul

Hi everyone!

With Episode 4.3 undergoing testing and QA, I want to give you the inside scoop on the major new features you can expect to find in the update. Today, I'd like to talk to you all about one of the biggest overall gameplay improvements to be found in Episode 4.3 - it's not extremely flashy, but it is very cool.

Nation Contribution Point Overhaul

For a long time, the Nation Contribution Point (NCP) system has been a bit irrelevant. While it's a good way of tracking game balance, it simply hasn't had the important effect on overall gameplay that it should have had from the start. Many players simply ignored NCP, since they didn't have any major reason to pay attention in the first place - and the losing team especially would often simply shrug their shoulders and stop caring about it for the month, or try to get themselves transferred over to the winning nation.

Masang Soft took a lot of community feedback into account (some of it from us, too) in order to overhaul the NCP system in Episode 4.3. Below, we've got the changes for you in full detail.

Gaining NCP

Currently, NCP is gained largely through individual kills players make during wars, and even in the Arena. If you think about this, it's not really the best indicator of how the nation as a whole is doing - a handful of really beefy players can often carry a nation entirely, for instance, making this number not so representative of the whole.

In Episode 4.3, NCP is now modified so that now, personal PvP kills and Arena kills do not contribute to NCP at all.

Instead, NCP is only gained from Mothership Wars, Strategic Points, and Outpost Wars. Below you'll find a chart covering the details:

War Type Old NCP Value (Loss/Win) New NCP Value (Loss/Win)
    Outpost War 0 / 0 100 / 500
    Strategic Point War 0 / 500 100 / 500
    Mothership War 0 / 1000 200 / 1000

As you can see, now Outpost Wars matter to NCP, giving greater incentive for nations to participate, and the losing nation also receives points where previously they did not receive any at all. This helps prevent runaway situations and more clearly indicates which nation is stronger as a whole.

NCP Nation Buffs

These changes wouldn't mean much if there wasn't some actual tangible reward attached to NCP, and thankfully changes have been made to ensure that that is indeed the case, in a way that is very fair and balanced to all players.

Episode 4.3 adds brand-new nation buffs for both the winners and losers in wars. However, the buffs are not the same between winners and losers, and the way the two are calculated is also different.

Win Streak Buffs

Winner buffs are determined using winning streaks, with the war types above (Outpost, Strategic Point, Mothership). The more wins of these type in a row, the greater the nation's buffs will be. Check the details out here:

Consecutive Wins Buff Received (Stacking)
    2 +10% Attack bonus vs. monsters
    3 +30% movement speed inside city
    4 +10% Accuracy bonus vs. monsters
    5 +10% Pierce bonus vs. monsters
    6 +10% Defense bonus vs. monsters
    7 +10% Evasion bonus vs. monsters
    8 (max) Permanent stealth effect (only effective against monsters)

As you can see, the buffs that winners enjoy are very nice - especially the movement speed bonus and perma-stealth - but, you'll also notice that these only apply to PvE play, not PvP play. Therefore, while the bonuses are nice, they won't actually give the winning team an advantage in PvP gameplay. This helps avoid the "snowball" problem where the winners keep getting stronger and stronger.

Losing Nation Buffs

Meanwhile, what about losing nation buffs? The good news is, they also get bonuses - but theirs have some very key differences.

The first is in how the buffs are actually calculated. While winners receive a bonus for their win streak during wars, the losing nation buffs are based on current NCP, and scale directly with the NCP difference between the nations.

Specifically, if the difference between the winning and losing teams' NCP is more than 4,000 points, for every point past that 4,000 point difference, the losing nation gains a 0.0075% global bonus to Defense, Evasion, Attack, Pierce and Accuracy. That's not just a PvE bonus, but also applies to PvP.

For example, let's say the difference between both nations is 7,000 NCP total. That's 3,000 points past the 4,000 point difference, so we'd multiply 3,000 x 0.0075 - giving the losing team a bonus to all those stats of 22.5%.

What this does is make sure that the losing nation can actually fight back if the difference between both nations becomes too severe. Let's face it, if there's a 7,000 point difference, that means that one nation is likely severely underpowered, so they get help to get back on track - but because the bonus also scales directly with the NCP difference, not the base NCP rate, the bonus is only as effective as how far behind the losing nation is.

Last, please bear in mind that win streak and losing nation buffs will stack with each other - the losing nation can still get win streaks and can still get the buffs, while also getting the losing nation buffs too. But, it's also not that likely that a nation losing too much is going to get long winning streaks either, so there's no way a single nation will be able to gain huge benefits forever - and if they do, well, they're still losing.

Conclusion

Overall, we think that this change is one of the best things the game has seen in a long time. We feel that the buffs are enough incentive for players to go for them, but also not too overpowering to completely make up for a lack of skill in the players receiving them - and giving PvE-only buffs to the winners ensures that there is no problem of the strong getting stronger.

Thanks for reading everybody, and we hope that you like the changes! Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Last, here's some screenshots about how the nation buff stations and statues look in the BCU and ANI towns. The statue actually grows bigger and more impressive with each win. Pretty cool, no?

< 3

About the NCP giving bonuses to losing nation, that could be tweaked a littlebit. 0,0075% is too high.
    Last edited by IronlEye; September 20th, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
    Higher your FPS/game performance with this: http://************/pd9uqdx
    Youtube Channel: http://************/mj9slvx
    Change your signature with ease: http://forum.subagames.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

Quote Originally Posted by Involution View Post
    In the last month, IronlEye has absolutely no hack logs on his account, for what that's worth. Most players get even a few false positives.

It's almost... suspicious...

Got any questions ingame ACE related, feel free to send me a message via Skype: Ox.Cart

sounds cool
    DONgoesBG: 110 Bg BCU
    DonVISIONe: 98 IG BCU

http://www.qpic.ws/images/donvisionesigaja.png

The idea of assisting the losing nation by NCP and giving them def/eva/pierce/prob bonusses is great, but have in mind they are only there to assist, not to make the losing nation impossible to fight against.

Tweaking the factor of 0.0075% to like 0.001825%(devided it by 4) means the losing nation gets around 5.6% def/eva/pierce/prob bonus every 4000 + 3000 NCP they are behind to a maximum of like 10/15/20%?

To get the 20% bonus they need to be 12.000 + 4000 behind the winning nation, which is alot.

It is hard to find the thin line where it works great, because if the bonus is too big the losing nation becomes too overpowered to fight against and destroys the fun in wars. Too few and it doesn't help the losing nation at all.
    Last edited by IronlEye; September 20th, 2013 at 05:07 PM.
    Higher your FPS/game performance with this: http://************/pd9uqdx
    Youtube Channel: http://************/mj9slvx
    Change your signature with ease: http://forum.subagames.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

In the last month, IronlEye has absolutely no hack logs on his account, for what that's worth. Most players get even a few false positives.

It's almost... suspicious...

Got any questions ingame ACE related, feel free to send me a message via Skype: Ox.Cart

Then is better have bonus of worst nation, because the bonus affect PvE and PvP

The game change for dont kill players for get the highest % of bonus... It's great!

Is there any appear crystal system in 4.3 that need special rules before that version will be implemented. Because actually in rules not appear nothing about abuse crystals system and i have threat with this...

Is there in EP 4.3, a item for change nation directly with WP or Credits?

Will be a rule about abuse system trigger of Adv. base Sodom as the same that crystals on Ash, that not appear in rules?

Quote Originally Posted by IronlEye View Post
    The idea of assisting the losing nation by NCP and giving them def/eva/pierce/prob bonusses is great, but have in mind they are only there to assist, not to make the losing nation impossible to fight against.

Tweaking the factor of 0.0075% to like 0.001825%(devided it by 4) means the losing nation gets around 5.6% def/eva/pierce/prob bonus every 4000 + 3000 NCP they are behind to a maximum of like 10/15/20%?

To get the 20% bonus they need to be 12.000 + 4000 behind the winning nation, which is alot.

It is hard to find the thin line where it works great, because if the bonus is too big the losing nation becomes too overpowered to fight against and destroys the fun in wars. Too few and it doesn't help the losing nation at all.
    Strong agree. Not cause im a cry baby who doesnt like ppl with over 150% eva (i am a cry baby and i dont like 150% eva but thats not the reason), but it will screw up the normal wars. Doesnt matter who it is but theres this guy in BCU with insane eva, and with my mediocre 170% prob I hit him like once every 10 volleys... give him these bonusses and he will be invincible. I feel like ragequiting thinking about this >_<
    And theres alot of people with sick defensive stats, no need to buff em so hard. What Iron sais here seems reasonable to me since its still a decent bonus but not too overpowered.

EDIT: Nice statues btw <3
    Last edited by Grive; September 20th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.

I know that this post doesn't belong here.
    But I just wanna say:

I hope u get well better and have a good recovery, Invo.
    And I think that I can speak in the name of most subagamers.

<3 you, Invo ( and your free stoofs too ofcourse )
    spetter - lvl 107 ag - ANI - Vattalus Server

blubberzak - arenaMG - ANI - Vattalus Server

The losing nation bonus is way too high. Unless the bonus is meant for the winning nation to not war outside events at all.

Also, it promotes losing, as the bonuses are WAY better than for the winning nation.
    Last edited by Lonewolf7191; September 20th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
    http://i.imgur.com/zNrztxB.png
    Why does suba butcher this fine image?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf7191 View Post
    The losing nation bonus is way too high. Unless the bonus is meant for the winning nation to not war outside events at all.

Also, it promotes losing, as the bonuses are WAY better than for the winning nation.
    As soon as you narrow the gap to 4000 NCP, the bonuses are gone. It's possible it could be abused, but we want to see it in action first to see how well it does. So if a nation is happy losing all the time and having those bonuses, fine, I guess that means they just can't use them in wars... doesn't exactly sound like a recipe for fun, or one that you could get the whole nation to follow.

I don't think Masang Soft would be against tweaking the bonuses a little bit if they caused problems (either reduce losing buffs or improve winning buffs). Right now I think what's important is that we have solid protection against snowballing for the first time pretty much ever.

As soon as you narrow the gap to 4000 NCP, the bonuses are gone. It's possible it could be abused, but we want to see it in action first to see how well it does. So if a nation is happy losing all the time and having those bonuses, fine, I guess that means they just can't use them in wars... doesn't exactly sound like a recipe for fun, or one that you could get the whole nation to follow.

I don't think Masang Soft would be against tweaking the bonuses a little bit if they caused problems (either reduce losing buffs or improve winning buffs). Right now I think what's important is that we have solid protection against snowballing for the first time pretty much ever.

When you said "Could be abused" i understand that nation more inteligent use ncp in his benefits as same with crystals system that i did abuse supposedly.

It's easy maintain difference of 10k ncp, because with new version we must go to war for die instead of kill enemy. Before of MS simplely we must leave that other nation win sp... And we'll got the bonus for MS. It's strategy basic as long time ago, when for do a MS we must reach to 100k ncp each. And there is a lot of Feeding, Turtle, Farming, depending situation. Then... As the person that answer my ticket and threat to me using "abuse crystal system trigger"... The tactics will do for maintenance 10k of difference will be "Abuse NCP system"? Will appear new rules instead inteligence, strategy or tactics? will be threat the nation that do loss for get more bonus? Because i have threat of Suba with crystals system and not appear in rules nothing about it! will appear new rules later babys cry? (As same appear happen with crystal system later GuardianAngels Brigade cry, and this rule not appear in rules of game).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast