Thread: Automech Skill Speed Testing

Default Automech Skill Speed Testing

So tonight I did something I've always wanted to do in PT: Record my automech to see just how automation improves speed. I wanted an EXACT number, none of this "weapon speed +2" stuff that might not even be correct. I gotta say that my results have been very... unexpected.

SETUP
    So for starters let me give you my setup for conducting this test. I downloaded bandicam and used it to record myself doing 8 different situations at 30 fps:

Jav - No Skills
    Jav - Automation Only
    Jav - Hyper Sonic (lvl 5) Only
    Jav - Both Skills
    Bow - No Skills
    Bow - Automation Only
    Bow - Hyper Sonic (lvl 5) Only
    Bow - Both Skills

Afterwards I used a program to split the recording into images files that contained each individual frame. I then marked the number of the exact frame that the projectile left my hand and repeated that for 5 shots. I averaged those numbers to get a better estimate and then took my recording fps divided by my result to get a value in shots/sec.

RESULTS

The other reason I wanted to do this test was because ever since I got Tier 5 and lvl 5 Hyper Sonic I've always felt that Hyper Sonic was adding much more then the 13% (or 1 wep spd) that its supposed to add. This was quite evident given the results:

Jav - No Skills
    1.12 shots/sec
    Jav - Automation Only
    1.33 shots/sec
    Jav - Hyper Sonic (lvl 5) Only
    1.39 shots/sec
    Jav - Both Skills
    1.64 shots/sec

Bow - No Skills
    1.12 shots/sec
    Bow - Automation Only
    1.33 shots/sec
    Bow - Hyper Sonic (lvl 5) Only
    1.39 shots/sec
    Bow - Both Skills
    1.64 shots/sec

Which can be simplified to:

Bows and Javs are the exact same
    Automation: 19% Speed Increase
    Hyper Sonic (Level 5): 25% Speed Increase
    Both Together: 46% Speed Increase

CONCLUSION

This test proves that the commonly held automech belief that the bow shoots faster then the jav is in fact false. My testing proved that both bows and javs shoot at the exact same speed no matter what. The most interesting thing however is the fact that level 5 hyper sonic gives MORE speed increase then automation. In this test it actually improved speed by 25%, almost double the 13% that the game claims it adds. This test also proved that automation itself does not increase speed as much as it says. Automation should give a 25% increase in speed (spd 10 / spd 8 = 125% of original spd) but the numbers are actually closer to 19%. The total speed increase from using both skills was 46%, which is around what you'd expect given the calculated value of the two skills individually.

So with this new info I'm not really sure what to say. Right now I'm absolutely loving the new speed I have with hyper sonic. When I Hit 93 I'm going to get level 6 and do some more tests to see if each level of hyper sonic increases total speed or if it only adds weapon speed as an integer. But going by these numbers, I'm guessing that each level of hyper sonic will increase weapon speed. I will update this post when I have a result.

Good Luck my fellow Autos!
    Last edited by cazafex; December 19th, 2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Kaidoh 9x Automech - Member of Eternal
    Any former Vengeance (EPT-Mardanos and PTP(NetPlay)-Migal) members out there? pm me!

So in the end, it might even be worthwhile to go all the way to level 10 with Hyper Sonic!!! O_O Up to this point we all already knew which sewing machines Automechs can become... but it appears we haven't seen the best of it yet (at least I hope so). Thanks for this very informative test
    Last edited by SandalHat; December 20th, 2013 at 04:28 AM.

MinervaMcGuyver - 10x automech
    Lempestest - 9x pikeman
    SandalHat - 9x pikeman
    AutoMatrix - 6x automech

@cazafex

Wow very interesting info!
    I might even bring my lvl 91 Mech from the old Awell server out of retirement and give the auto mech build a try

good work kaidoh

liked!

That sound great for automech today.

Quote Originally Posted by SandalHat View Post
    So in the end, it might even be worthwhile to go all the way to level 10 with Hyper Sonic!!! O_O Up to this point we all already knew which sewing machines Automechs can become... but it appears we haven't seen the best of it yet (at least I hope so). Thanks for this very informative test
    Well I read this guide when I returned to PT and started out having hs on lvl 5. During exp events I would team up with my clannies at IM hs, a few of them have a shaman who uses am to boost attack speed. Heres where it got weird.

If all my skills was casted when he casted am, I would go up in speed.
    BUT if hs went out while I had am, my speed wouldnt change.
    However if I then recasted hs while I had am, I would go visible DOWN in speed.
    This lead me to belive only the last applied speed buff would be working.

I then decided to reskill and try out hs lvl 10 and again tested it with a shaman friend.
    While I was visible faster than with hs lvl 5, there was no change when I got am at all. Nomatter which speed buff was casted last.
    So hs lvl 10 = lvl 10 shaman am. Atleast for an automech

Furthermore PT seems to have a speedcap since I gain absolute NOTHING from being given am on top of my own speed buffs.
    So yes, Im keeping hs at lvl 10
    Kamica - 12x prs - OHxR3B1RTH (main char)
    Kamicana - 10x ata
    SpiritRage - 11x automech
    Kasmic - 11x ks
    Kamira - lvl 6x personal shop located on valento server

dude THIs is the best info u wont forget read carefully,,, hyper sonic does not stack with am,, automation +AM =super stack speed no need hyper sonic and our spark casting skill is affected with our attack speed, so if u cast automation+hyper or automation+AM=super fast fast spark casting speed. im already tested it in HOP. during x4 exp event . so heres my tips dont get hyperonic up just the pe only, just bring ur shaman always for super fast atak, put ur other epoints either in golem or compulsion instead