Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SM system = marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyReal View Post
    I had an SM at the end that was a guy (girl in real life) that I did emotes with and not even 15minutes after I did, people started whispering that I "swung that way". It's actually kind of childish how some people act about the fact of seeing two guy toons together, even when it is just for the buffs and fun otherwise. Me, I don't really want a guy SM for OBT because I'm going for only one SM and it will be a girl (who, I don't know, but she will be a she, hahah) but I see no problem with guys having guy SMs even if they are straight. If you're going to be hunting with the person a lot you might as well get some kind of benefit from it. :D
    Yeah and two girls look perfectly normal :P

Quote Originally Posted by Oxycore View Post
    This adds nothing to the conversation, but people referring to their characters as toons make me want to punt a little puppy.

I can honestly see where you're coming from, but I prefer to use the term "toon" because otherwise people throw their morals and personal opinions into something that is merely a game. If I were to have left out that one word and instead said "It's actually kind of childish how some people act about the fact of seeing two guy together" there would instantly be a moral debate in some people's minds and they would be incapable of drawing the line between personal life and a game. By adding a more childish word like toon to the sentence forces people to question their perhaps unrealistic opinions on two digital characters that are the same digital gender being together. This is what I'm attempting to achieve. Just because you may be against an idea in your personal life does not mean you have to bring your bias judgment into a game where the two individuals may very well be within your "ideal" standards (in their real lives) of what relationships should be. Leaping before looking is never a good idea, especially when passing judgment upon others.

*gets off his soapbox and goes back to eating lunch*

PS: ... and I think I completely went way off topic here. I'm not even sure what the topic was. I just had a rant that I wanted to get out and I've got it out so I'm satisfied. Feel free to go back to what you guys were talking about.

I think its off-topic for a while now :P

well the original question got answered quite a way back but if we're going along with the topic of marriage and Sms I think it fits and we can keep going on the same thread. The off topic thread is nice but sometimes it's hard to have multiple different topics going at once on it.

Kat - Level 60 MoonFlame Envoy - Level 12 Tailor

Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyReal View Post
    I had an SM at the end that was a guy (girl in real life) that I did emotes with and not even 15minutes after I did, people started whispering that I "swung that way". It's actually kind of childish how some people act about the fact of seeing two guy toons together, even when it is just for the buffs and fun otherwise. Me, I don't really want a guy SM for OBT because I'm going for only one SM and it will be a girl (who, I don't know, but she will be a she, hahah) but I see no problem with guys having guy SMs even if they are straight. If you're going to be hunting with the person a lot you might as well get some kind of benefit from it.
    guess we never had problem with that,aalso people like hat can be aleways ignored...

I was once alone and without a relationship at the same time, and I didn't know what to do. But then I realized that I just need to communicate more often on the Internet on dating sites. And often this is especially convenient and easy to do on the best international dating sites with black women. It really helps and has helped me many times. In addition, it had a positive impact on my personal life and I was very satisfied. I am sure that this is supposed to help you, so just try it and you won't regret it. This is really very cool fun and interesting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234