Thread: [Guide] Guild Emblem - Transparent Targa Files

Post [Guide] Guild Emblem - Transparent Targa Files

Mini guide originally created in response to this post!

Targa files have to have an alpha channel in order for the transparency to work in game.

Adding an alpha channel to an existing transparent image using Photoshop:

Open your transparent image! To the right, under layers, control + left click the small image (this selects just the image that you'll want visible in game, does not select the transparent background).

Now that the image has been selected, click the channels tab (located beside layers). You should see the RBG layers. At the bottom click the "create a new layer" icon. A solid black alpha layer should appear. Our image in the work area should now be solid black as well with the outline of our image visible. Fill this area solid white!

To save your image click: File > Save As

1. Name your file!
    2. Format: scroll to find Targa in the list.
    3. Under save options, make sure the Alpha Channels option is checked.
    4. Click save!

*Note: I usually save the file on the desktop and just drag/drop it into the subagames folder.

Put the new .tga file into the correct subagames folder and preview in game! Everything should be just as you want.

The file path is: (where ever you installed) > SubaGames > Lucent Heart > data > GUI > GuildDiy

*Note: If you re-open the .tga file you just created in photoshop, the background will be solid white, this is normal and will not appear in game.

Just thought I would note that even though the max size for the image is 32x32 it appears in game as 16x16. To make sure it's visible/clear in game so you don't waste 100k each time you buy the tablet, my advice would be to make the original image in a 16x16 pixel size.

In advance when I tried saving as a .TGA it wouldn't work for me but a .BMP did, so if one gives you trouble try the other. c: