Thread: Cupid complications

Post Cupid complications

N.B. This is not referring to the Cupid NPC, but rather the system in general.

As per whispers in the middle of an instance, I had complications where some guy was chatting with a priest alt (since I have a common tendency to play up to 4 characters at once), and it came up with that he doesn't appear to like others who don't use their real gender. This would mean, according to him, all my characters have to be males, which I don't believe in.

This is cause he believes this game is an "online dating MMORPG" which, I admit, people might see upon joining the game, though I don't see that having much grounding anymore.

How many here view it like this? Any other views on this matter?
    Last edited by Jinule; January 19th, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

First of all, everyone has different point of views.
    Well it's not wrong to think this way. It's his point of view that everyone should play the gender in their real life in games, especially with soical MMO like this. People take social/dating MMO seriously because they want to find love and such. It's pretty understandable but what if there are MMORPGS that has mono gender ?, such as Elin, Popori and Baraka in tera, they don't have second gender. People can't follow the real gender thing.
    There are no limits to which gender you should play. For example my sister, she plays both male and female. She have a lot of fun with it. There is nothing wrong with playing opposite gender unless you want to troll somebody and give them false information, that is just wrong.
    I'm not saying who is right and who is wrong, it's just the way you look at things. It is like looking at clouds, people may look at the same exact cloud but imagining it differently, such as green tea leafs ,fluffy cotton candy and etc.
    I hope this helps, if not....................... Cookies and soda for everyone
    Guhehehe.

Anger is like a disease with no cure.
    Enjoy today like this is your last day.
    Smile like never before.
    Live is the only way.
    Ignorance is path to dangerous.
    Patient is the key to victorious.
    XiaoLouShen in Luncet Heart

Quote Originally Posted by WanyHeart View Post
    Anger is like a disease with no cure.
    Enjoy today like this is your last day.
    Smile like never before.
    Live is the only way.
    Ignorance is path to dangerous.
    Patient is the key to victorious.
    This sounds like a saying from...?

Quote Originally Posted by WanyHeart View Post
    First of all, everyone has different point of views.
    Well it's not wrong to think this way. It's his point of view that everyone should play the gender in their real life in games, especially with soical MMO like this. People take social/dating MMO seriously because they want to find love and such. It's pretty understandable but what if there are MMORPGS that has mono gender ?, such as Elin, Popori and Baraka in tera, they don't have second gender. People can't follow the real gender thing.
    There are no limits to which gender you should play. For example my sister, she plays both male and female. She have a lot of fun with it. There is nothing wrong with playing opposite gender unless you want to troll somebody and give them false information, that is just wrong.
    I'm not saying who is right and who is wrong, it's just the way you look at things. It is like looking at clouds, people may look at the same exact cloud but imagining it differently, such as green tea leafs ,fluffy cotton candy and etc.
    I hope this helps, if not....................... Cookies and soda for everyone
    Guhehehe.
    Definitely detailed enough for this to be the only response I need, but others can add in if they wish.

I am glad i can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinule View Post
    This sounds like a saying from...?
    I actually wrote those. It's things i thought about and experience through out my life.
    Anger is like a disease with no cure:
    Everyone is angry, being angry is natural. We can't stop from being angry. No matter how hard we try, anger is always within us. That's why i think anger is like a disease that has no curse to it.

Enjoy today like this is your last day:
    Well......... you never going to know what will happen tomorrow, so why not enjoy what you have today and such.

Smile like never before:
    Smiling is healthy and makes you happy. so ya smile

Live is the only way:
    Hm.... this one is depressing, i got a lot of friends sending message about suicidal thoughts and wanting to suicide. It is something many people thought about(including myself). Well if you pass away, you're not going to know what will happen next, tomorrow, next year. you might think this is an un-passable obstacle, but there always a slice of chance you can.

Ignorance is path to dangerous:
    When i was young, about age 11, there was this man who asked me if i want to eat candy and stuff, if you want follow me. If i wasn't thinking about what my mom told me(Which is don't take stuff from stranger when you are alone), i probably won't be here typing this, because it turns out that man was mentally unstable and he lost his only child.

Patient is the key to victorious:
    I remember when I was going to school one day, and there was a bomb threat in subway station so they stop some service and we have to take shuttle bus. It was flooding with people and most of my friends took the bus to other station which takes about 40 mins. I waited in line, i was first to get on the bus and i was there 20 mins before they got to school.

So yaaaaaaaa............ that's pretty much how i got those lines.
    Last edited by WanyHeart; January 19th, 2014 at 10:03 PM.
    XiaoLouShen in Luncet Heart

It could be used as an online dating MMORPG, if people use it that way. Be that way, or if it were an actual online dating MMORPG, it would be just like any other online dating site. You never know if the person at the other end is the gender they specify or not.

Also, there is now the issue of people that feels they are of the opposite gender inside despite not being on the outside (sorry, did not know how to put it in forums, please not take them rude) that want to be represented in a game by a female (if player is boy) or male (if is female) character, according to their feeling and identity.
    There those that play their opposite gender just because they think the character looks cute, or likes how it looks.

So in the end it would be a misjudging of the game if he think is a dating stuff. Different points of view, as mentioned by WanyHeart, but most players that person will encounter with won't think of this that way (my guess.)

LH US: Saruwata Lvl. 34 Knight
    - [Pantsu] Former Member
    - CBT: Saruwata [Elysian] Lvl. 36 Knight

Play your game and don't live others sad lifes that should be good

Not liking traps is fine.

If you don't like that person's views, you don't have to associate with him.

If you are not sure about the site you are acquainting on, I highly advise you to read the bumble review. On this site, the opposite sex gets to know you himself and you need not only write to other people, they will write to you themselves! It's super cool when you get attention! It motivates me very much!