Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GameGuard Problems? Check For Fixes Here!

Default GameGuard Problems? Check For Fixes Here!

This is how I usually troubleshoot my 9dragons problems: (I've had a few)

I always run my NINEDRAGONS application with admin rights in the 9dragons directory.

If the launcher isn't responding or messing up, I always try changing the download method in the options on the launcher

I always either temporarily disable anti-virus and firewall or allow both nprotect, gameguard and 9dragons in my special exception lists.

I make sure absolutely nothing else is running that could be causing any sort of problems to the client.

I always check my %temp% folder and my windows32/etc/drivers/host to make sure the host file hasn't been modified.

I always do a scan with my anti-virus (AVG) and a malware scan with (Malbytes) to ensure nothing malicious is affecting the client and my computer.

I check my NET framework Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Centre because many Windows applications require a specific Framework to run properly.

If my client isn't working for whatever reason such as "9dragons has closed" or the client crashes, I go to start, type "msconfig" and restart my computer with "Diagnostic Setup" which will only load the core drivers and services - no custom applications or processes will be running.

If possible, I try the client on another computer connected to the Internet.

I run the 9dragons application with compatibility mode by right-hand clicking the icon and playing with compatibility under the properties menu.

I try different resolution sizes and different refresh rates, as well as keeping the client in fullscreen or windowed mode.

I check my registries to make sure there aren't any malicious entries that shouldn't be there or data values that have been changed (I wouldn't recommend playing with this unless you know your system and understand regedit).

I try uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game.

I try deleting the GameGuard directory and rebuilding it by running the client again.

I check the EOD.txt and XLauncher.txt files in the 9dragons directory to see if they give any indication as to why the client is crashing.

I sometimes end up sending the five .ERL files (log files) that are generated everytime GameGuard is executed. I send the files to:

nProtect Gameguard FAQ

I update my video card and sound drivers just in case the drivers are out of date and conflicting with the client.

I allow both GameGuard.des and GameName.ini under my Firewall exceptions
    Last edited by Jamie9d; March 16th, 2014 at 10:06 AM.

Very comprehensive directions Jamie. Thanks for this i'm sure a lot of people can use this.

There are lots more so hopefully we can all pool together, throw in lots of suggestions and build one comprehensive in-depth troubleshooting guide.

That would be for the best! Should totally get this stickied.

When I get a chance, I'll break the troubleshooting tips down under specific errors like "Error 150" and "Error 183".

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie9d View Post
    When I get a chance, I'll break the troubleshooting tips down under specific errors like "Error 150" and "Error 183".
    I need help on Error 183

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Die View Post
    I need help on Error 183
    Error 183 is a gameguard specific issue and the only way to fix it is by patching gameguard. We'll have to wait for the developers to release the patch to us.

Please help me, ERROR 114
    GAME GUARD ERROR : GameGuard initialization error. Try rebooting and executing the game or close the program considered to cause a collision. [114] ERROR: Can't create triplex core
    I have tried all way, but i can't play 9D. Cryyyyyyyy

pleaaseee i need help ,got the "socket initialize error .No.10106" error T______T i've uninstalled the game 3 times and nothing changed...

ERROR: Could not find module : GameGuard
    [ 17:56:27 ] End of main process
    [ 17:56:27 ] Release game object
    [ 17:56:27 ] End of main process
    [ 17:56:27 ] Disconnected. [GS,_ECode:0].
    [ 17:56:27 ] Messenger socket released.
    [ 17:56:27 ] Initialize messanger packet buffer
    [ 17:56:28 ] Shutdown _XKernel
    [ 17:56:28 ] Shutdown from main loop.
    [ 17:56:28 ] Release game object

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast