Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Translation & localization status

Default Translation & localization status

Hi guys,

Just want to let you know that we now have full access to all localization files for Lucent Heart and are capable of directly editing them on our own, without needing to work with the developers. This is a huge time saver, but most importantly it makes it easy for us to make updates to the game text.

What I want to know is if there are any particular localization/translation issues that exist in the game that you want to see resolved. I know this has been one common issue cited left over from the previous publisher, and with access to the source files it is much, much easier to fix these things.

Things I have already worked on:

• All remaining references to Beanfun and BeanPoints removed or changed to Suba Games/Suba Points
    • Updated some tooltips and UI (like changing "props" to "items")
    • A typo and formatting changes ("Frozen imprisonment" -> "Frozen Imprisonment")
    • Changed all references to Zodiac Online to Lucent Heart
    • Fixed a few characters who were named incorrectly or who were referenced using the wrong gender

If you have any specific things you would like changed please reproduce the text in full or provide a screenshot of the text (so we can find it in the files easily) and your suggested changes/translation.

*throws confetti*
    Things on the top of my head:

There's a KRE that asks for "Giant Hungry Old Bears" and in old LH as well as during Suba's CBT I tried looking for them but never found them. I checked all the places I knew that had bears in my level range except for caves (needed igniters), and star core dungeons.
    So... could you guys investigate and actually find these bears or figure out if they're a mistranslation of some sort?

^ that system message also might make more sense if it's
    "Can't find target or NPC!" or "Can't find target or NPC in instance!"

Pet Squad Description
    https://forum.subagames.com/showthre...uad+misleading

System messages
    Your accumulated time on line has reached 1 hour(s). >> Your accumulated time online has reached 1 hour(s).
    ??????? >> Please summon your pet. (This message is received when you talk to beast tamer and choose to have your pet learn skills when you don't have one summoned)

Combat logs
    Can anything be done about them? The current formatting... makes it hard to read.

Level 3 vs Level 4 Lightning
    Last edited by YumeLH; March 26th, 2014 at 05:33 AM.

Omg this thread is gonna be my absolute favourite. *-*
    These are all the things I can remember right now.

Cygnus doesn't recover MP, but HP.

Should say "Created By Aleh", not "AlehCreated By".

The name is too long and goes out of the window. Other pets like Cygnus don't have the prefix "Spiritual/Divine Bond" to make the name shorter.

Many areas are randomly referred to with different names, in this case Frozen Imprisonment is called "Frozen Mausoleum". Argos Bay and Ares Sanctuary share the same problem, I'll try to make a list of all the places I can find.

This Switching Occupation Card is called "Scorching Sun Titan", but the name of the class is Solar Guardian. And the name goes out of the window too since it's too long.

The Transfer button is missing its description.

While we're at it, why not actually include pet stats (like the zodiac pets) AND level on the pet's icon?
    For example, the divine bonds. They don't let you know what stats they give until you actually get one and right click it.
    And NONE of the passive pets indicate their own levels which make them hard to sell. It boils down to whether or not you trust the seller.
    I've also had a friend who bought a pet from a stall because the title said the pet was level 10 but she ended up getting a lvl 1 pet.

Just two minor formatting errors:

There is no space between the name of the equipment and its level.

Extra space before "Skills", and they should be on the same row as "Astrolabe".
    Last edited by AlehLH; March 26th, 2014 at 01:39 PM.

There's a bug on the skill "Onslaugh" lv 2 for SG. The damage points are the same on lv 1 and lvl 2, they change at lv 3.

Also the main problem at Dance Instructor. 90% of the Descriptions on the skills that cost 500k a piece are bad.

Anyway

It's so stupid that the Devs are giving you guys those premision so late into the game. Better late then not at all is not acceptable, but meh, wateva.

The description for the Get Dressed quest (which teaches you how to transfer items to the item mall when you read the quest description) should be updated.

Package>Female Costume Sets
    Maid Gown pieces have 'cannot be traded or sold'
    Parts of Mysterious Minx set are not unlimited (365 days duration)

Package>Male Costume Sets
    Elementary Diaconate pieces have 'cannot be traded or sold'

When you ask your SM to buy items for you, the description window says: A 90% discount is offered. It should be 10%.
    When you click "insufficient..." for when your soulmate asks you to buy something from the mall, the dialog box says insufficient Beanpoints (for both you and your sm).

----
    Inconsistencies on the use of Theia/Denia & Cadena/Cathena.

Quest type: Guide
    Quest name: The Dark Goddess' Calling
    Quest Journal:
    Whether they succeed or fail, [Cathena] will reward her followers.
    May Goddess [Cadena] bless you! The darkness will eventually devour the light!

Quest name: The Light Goddess' Calling
    Quest Journal: (for all reference to the light goddess, Theia is used)

Quest name: Assisting Goddess
    All the participants will receive rewards from the Goddess [Denia].
    Last edited by YumeLH; March 29th, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YumeLH View Post
    There's a KRE that asks for "Giant Hungry Old Bears" and in old LH as well as during Suba's CBT I tried looking for them but never found them. I checked all the places I knew that had bears in my level range except for caves (needed igniters), and star core dungeons.
    So... could you guys investigate and actually find these bears or figure out if they're a mistranslation of some sort?

^ that system message also might make more sense if it's
    "Can't find target or NPC!" or "Can't find target or NPC in instance!"
    As far as I know, the Giant Hungry Old Bears can be found in the top terrace/platform in Argos Bay during daytime (right above the big cave opening with the frogs).

If you're talking about the bears in Adventurer's highland (top floor) I didn't try to kill them myself but I had someone check that location and he told me that the names didn't match.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast