Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updates

Default Updates

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your commitment, passion and patience for Suba Games' 9Dragons. Please rest assured that your opinions and concerns are heard loud and clear.

We apologize for not being able to attend to all requests immediately. Having said that, we have been taking steps to address issues raised.

I would like to take this opportunity to address matters that many of you have raised:

Discussion With Devs
    We've been in continuous discussions with the devs to fix a lot of the closed beta related problems that have been bought up. The key issues that we are focusing on are: 1) Miss/defense bugs & 2) Problems relating to operation of browser based 9Dragons' version.

Start Date for Open Beta
    We would like to ensure the bugs indicated above are fully addressed first before we embark on the open beta phase. Based on our conversation with the devs, we should expect solution and hot fixes within a matter of days. Once fixes have been confirmed, we will formally announce Open Beta start date.

Miss Rate Bug
    We have received feedback that an improvement has been made as a result of the fix. However, we understand that the issue have yet to be addressed. As such, we would like our community poll on the Hit/Miss Rate that the community would like to see. Please voice your opinion by participating in the poll:

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=64854

Server Rates
    We understand that server rates are something that most of you would like confirmation on. Based upon feedback gathered thus far, we will move forward with the following rates once Open Beta starts:

6x XP, 8x Skill, 6x Drop

Please note that we will continue to observe the community feedback and will be open to further adjustments in rates based on feedback by the community.

KR Content
    We understand that players are looking forward to KR content. Please note that there is a update plan in place which will allow for introduction of new contents. However, please do not expect that we will have all KR content within 3 months post Open Beta launch.

Cash Shop
    We have finalized what will be available in the cash shop. We have done our best to make sure there are no pay-to-win items. As promised, we want Suba Games' 9Dragons to be as balanced as possible for paying and non paying player alike.

Server Location
    Our server is currently located in Canada. We are evaluating options for alternative server location.

Events Timing
    Events will be based upon UK time.

PvP/PvE Server
    We are still looking into what type of server (pvE or PvP) we will have. Right now we are looking at 1 server which will be either PvP or PvE. We don't want to split up our user base and prefer that areas in game to look more lively and active. We will look into having certain higher level areas PvP and lower areas PvE, but any suggestions are welcome.

Hope that clears up a few things. Please let us know what you think and we'll do our best to address any questions or concerns.

Please Dont forget Dungeon Bug.
    Melee damage on mobs and bosses is wrong.

There is absolutely no way we could even consider looking at an open beta any time soon. The miss bug and defense bug is only a fraction of the issues that need addressing. There is still a huge amount of potential exploits and vectors for bug abuse, the curve needs discussing and there are multiple bugs in dungeons.

This open beta needs to sit on hold. What we need is a rest server to test specific pieces of content so we have direction and a serious amount of testing on that specific piece of content.

The news is good but the open beta announcement is not.

Will we be moving forward with the current "mixed content" style of 9D?

Can we also see a list of the definitely accepted IM items please? Also, any news or decisions on the grinding aspect being changed with quests offering decent exp so you don't have to grind every level?

Will Gg be removed in the future and when can we find out how long the contract lasts?

Quote Originally Posted by GTiJamie View Post
    The news is good but the open beta announcement is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowTubeSocks View Post
    Will we be moving forward with the current "mixed content" style of 9D?

y u do dis suba?

At this point it just looks like every other publisher, either you're being promised things or you just want to get the game out asap. Which ever it is, I really hope you consider fixing more than 2 issues before releasing into open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by plastic001 View Post
    y u do dis suba?

At this point it just looks like every other publisher, either you're being promised things or you just want to get the game out asap. Which ever it is, I really hope you consider fixing more than 2 issues before releasing into open beta.
    Suba are taking our feed back seriously so if the update response doesn't favour open beta then I'm sure they will re think their strategy. At least they are active with us and trying.

We've been promised nothing, these are only potential solutions and suggestions. There is much to discuss and revise before these would go live anyway. What is it you want from the updates that you feel would make the game that much smoother in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by GTiJamie View Post
    What is it you want from the updates that you feel would make the game that much smoother in your opinion?
    These, first of all:
    https://forum.subagames.com/showthre...173#post657173

I would also like to see them implement a different anti-cheat instead of GameGuard. GameGuard does a good job at blocking some cheaters, but in the end any one advanced enough will be able to get past any anti-cheat. Basically every alternative will prevent the end-user known cheating tools (Cheat Engine/etc). Only reason I would like to see a different one being used is because of how intrusive GameGuard is, and how many client-sided problems occur when using it compared to competitors.

After those changes, I'd like to see a closed beta wipe where players replay the updated content (including new xp curves, etc) and make sure all the content (quests, mobs, etc) match the appropriate levels. Once all the content up to CS10 has been tested, they should release content UP TO CS10 and leave it as is until further content can be tested and approved on a separate testing server.

This game shares too much mixed content and I feel like everything starting from the beginning should be ironed out, and implemented properly. I couldn't care less about adding higher level maps in the beginning to match other servers 'content'. I would rather see an improved 9Dragons, one that isn't completely borked and P2W.
    Last edited by plastic001; April 2nd, 2014 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plastic001 View Post
    These, first of all:
    https://forum.subagames.com/showthre...173#post657173

I would also like to see them implement a different anti-cheat instead of GameGuard. GameGuard does a good job at blocking some cheaters, but in the end any one advanced enough will be able to get past any anti-cheat. Basically every alternative will prevent the end-user known cheating tools (Cheat Engine/etc). Only reason I would like to see a different one being used is because of how intrusive GameGuard is, and how many client-sided problems occur when using it compared to competitors.

After those changes, I'd like to see a closed beta wipe where players replay the updated content (including new xp curves, etc) and make sure all the content (quests, mobs, etc) match the appropriate levels. Once all the content up to CS10 has been tested, they should release content UP TO CS10 and leave it as is until further content can be tested and approved on a separate testing server.

This game shares too much mixed content and I feel like everything starting from the beginning should be ironed out, and implemented properly. I couldn't care less about adding higher level maps in the beginning to match other servers 'content'. I would rather see an improved 9Dragons, one that isn't completely borked and P2W.
    From a technical point of view, GG implemented with Themida is still considered a decent anti-hack and will defeat the common user with no real programming or reverse engineering knowledge - it isn't unbreakable. The problem is GG has been broken because all modules were reversed and released, including the hooks and API.

GG desperately needs rebuilding with more advanced modules being used because 9d only takes advantage of a select few. Another issue, the server trusts the client so the server never validates the user's input, it simply allows the client to do anything it wants.

As for testing, +1 to a brand new server with a db wipe to test content before it is released on the public open beta server. The content needs thoroughly testing and we can't do that without resources and high rates.

There is a mix between EU and KR content which is a good thing providing the bugs from the content is eradicated. I need to look deeper into the KR changes and any links to the star system would greatly be appreciated.

- X6 rates with events seems awesome.
    - Full KR seems awesome

Please Suba, listen to us. Do NOT make a mixed server content like Play9D R3 or GC nowdays. Please try to go FULL kr. Mixed content is never good.

- Try not to put gambling items in item mall, however everything else is welcome. We understand that you need income to keep the server alive.

- Increase the rate of banners from combine a little.
    - Increase +12 rate to 25% at least.
    - Try not to implement those lame luminious decos. Everything else is welcome. Even Ao-Dai as it'll most likely be full kr.
    - Korean stat system

[b]Promise the community you will never wipe the server after CBT has finally ended.[b]

One thing left which is the most important from every aspects: amount of players.

We need players.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast