Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Browser Versions Not Working (Resolved)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunemch1ajYB View Post
    the log file is empty
    If the log file is empty, the plugin might not have executed. In Firefox, click the orange arrow in the top-left corner and click "Add-ons" and on the Add-ons tab, make sure the JWPlugin is installed and active. If you have any other Add-ons activated, try disabling them to see if they are conflicting with the JWPlugin.

I ran into a couple of issues myself when trying to launch the browser version with Firefox. I only saw the Vagabond and there was no add-ons executing. I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with.
    Last edited by Jamie9d; April 11th, 2014 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTiJamie View Post
    If the log file is empty, the plugin might not have executed. In Firefox, click the orange arrow in the top-left corner and click "Add-ons" and on the Add-ons tab, make sure the JWPlugin is installed and active. If you have any other Add-ons activated, try disabling them to see if they are conflicting with the JWPlugin.

I ran into a couple of issues myself when trying to launch the browser version with Firefox. I only saw the Vagabond and there was no add-ons executing. I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with.
    i disabled the other plug ins but still nothing
    i have exatcly the same problem as you

i disabled the other plug ins but still nothing
    i have exatcly the same problem as you
    I checked my Task Manager and there is only a single process for Firefox, there usually should be two as Firefox isolates plugins in their own process as a security precaution. I don't think the plugin is working for Firefox.

I also checked my addons:about-memory and when I had the browser version open, there was no extra memory or anything being used.
    Last edited by Jamie9d; April 11th, 2014 at 04:20 PM.

ok but i have the same problem with IE too what i can do now?

ok but i have the same problem with IE too what i can do now?
    I'm going to carrying on trying different methods until I come up with a solution or at least get the plugin to execute. I deleted the nine_dragonUK folder in %appdata% and reinstalled the plugin twice. I tried deleting the cookies, cache and temporary data associated with the plugin and it still didn't run. I ran Firefox in safe mode with only the plugin active and then everything disabled with the memory check and nothing was showing.

I checked the source code to make sure the paths were correct and nothing seemed wrong there. I don't think the browser plugin works on Firefox. I'll check IE next. IE gave me exactly the same issue. Chrome allowed the plugin to load but due to access violation errors which I think is partly to do with files missing from my logs the plugin wouldn't execute.
    Last edited by Jamie9d; April 11th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.

ok i try to think what else we can do
    i tried IE too it dosent work
    Last edited by Kitsunemch1ajYB; April 11th, 2014 at 04:43 PM.

I'm going to carrying on trying different methods until I come up with a solution or at least get the plugin to execute. I deleted the nine_dragonUK folder in %appdata% and reinstalled the plugin twice. I tried deleting the cookies, cache and temporary data associated with the plugin and it still didn't run. I ran Firefox in safe mode with only the plugin active and then everything disabled with the memory check and nothing was showing.

I checked the source code to make sure the paths were correct and nothing seemed wrong there. I don't think the browser plugin works on Firefox. I'll check IE next. IE gave me exactly the same issue. Chrome allowed the plugin to load but due to access violation errors which I think is partly to do with files missing from my logs the plugin wouldn't execute.
    normally the plug in should have worked nornally at any browser right?

normally the plug in should have worked nornally at any browser right?
    Not necessarily. Each browser executes plug-ins, add-ons and extensions slightly different, chrome for example executes the plugin within a transient sandbox in the same tab where as Firefox executes any plugin in a separate process in its own sandbox. The browser executes them differently based on the browsers engine, how the engine interprets and executes the plugin and the security precautions the browser takes. I know Firefox was getting rid of allowing external plugins to tighten security but I don't know how far long they got.

The only version I got to execute the plugin was Chrome, both IE and Firefox wouldn't work. I'm going to try Safari and Opera now and I'll let you know.

Safari executes the plugin without a problem but a kernel error displayed which was unable to find a file pointer c meaning the file being opened in this case one of the textures I believe couldn't specify the next byte of data to read or the location received.

Opera works for me. Worth trying.
    Last edited by Jamie9d; April 11th, 2014 at 05:08 PM.

Not necessarily. Each browser executes plug-ins, add-ons and extensions slightly different, chrome for example executes the plugin within a transient sandbox in the same tab where as Firefox executes any plugin in a separate process in its own sandbox. The browser executes them differently based on the browsers engine, how the engine interprets and executes the plugin and the security precautions the browser takes. I know Firefox was getting rid of allowing external plugins to tighten security but I don't know how far long they got.

The only version I got to execute the plugin was Chrome, both IE and Firefox wouldn't work. I'm going to try Safari and Opera now and I'll let you know.

Safari executes the plugin without a problem but a kernel error displayed which was unable to find a file pointer c meaning the file being opened in this case one of the textures I believe couldn't specify the next byte of data to read or the location received.

Opera works for me. Worth trying.
    thanks i will try and let you know

opera seems to load and then i got x kernell error....

edit: it works now...
    Last edited by Kitsunemch1ajYB; April 11th, 2014 at 05:38 PM.

thanks i will try and let you know

opera seems to load and then i got x kernell error....

edit: it works now...
    I think Chrome isn't able to find a file which causes the xkernel error, Firefox and IE cannot load the plugin and Safari has the same issue. Opera works but as a technical stand point, I don't really know why. I guess the engine just lets the plugin work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast