Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 Dragons on Steam Greenlight!

Quote Originally Posted by GTiJamie View Post
    Greenlight is a good idea but we should also try to ask mmo communities like mmohut to re-review the game.

I'll vote now and I think if we go Greenlight, we should get a server buff or event specifically for it.
    There will most definitely be a special event if/when we get on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    There will most definitely be a special event if/when we get on steam.
    I have quite a lot of friends who play steam so I'll ask them to vote for us which should be about 10-15 or so votes.

We also need to change the trailer because it has been the same since Acclaim, plus those thumbnails are also very very old. Anyone returning won't see the point if the images and the trailer couldn't even be changed. Could we run an event where we can create the new trailer and the one with the most votes wins a reward and is used on the steam page?
    Last edited by Jamie9d; April 14th, 2014 at 08:06 PM.

So far i see very negative comments on steam. This is what i was talking about when i was saying that item mall prices are high. People find the game outdated and a failure. Why would they bother start playing when they can pay even less for a new successful game?

I don't know if developers are still selling this game the same price like 5-6 years ago.. but if yes.. Deimos, suba game had been scammed.

Seems like the only community you can count on are the hardcore veteran players. In order to bring those back, you really have to reduce item mall prices, and of course make sure you keep IM clean from P2W items.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFarts View Post
    So far i see very negative comments on steam. This is what i was talking about when i was saying that item mall prices are high. People find the game outdated and a failure. Why would they bother start playing when they can pay even less for a new successful game?

I don't know if developers are still selling this game the same price like 5-6 years ago.. but if yes.. Deimos, suba game had been scammed.

Seems like the only community you can count on are the hardcore veteran players. In order to bring those back, you really have to reduce item mall prices, and of course make sure you keep IM clean from P2W items.
    I read through the pages of comments and the general consensus are tarnishing the game purely with generic comments such as "Bad graphics", "Boring" or "Why revive this when it has been in and out of beta". What a lot of the Steam community see on a daily basis is a flux of new MMO's and games that pour into the Green light and a lot of them don't give the games a try, they base their opinions on what they see visually and not what they experience.

The issue I do agree heavily on, the trailer is really old and shows nothing interesting about this game. The thumbnails are just as old as the game is and without an updated trailer or showcase, the game will be down voted into the abyss. We know the content is outdated and generic but the graphics are not a problem. There are MMO's out there like Ever quest that is still widely played by a huge amount of players and the graphics engine was built in the early 90's. The game does need a graphical update and a lot of the core content does need rebuilding and adjusting but that just isn't going to happen because we know the developers from this game really don't care and as long as they get paid, the players who play their game can go and politely @#£! themselves.

The steam community will not be forgiving on this game, even if they haven't played it so the comments and negativity must be taking with a pinch of salt. Instead of focusing on increasing the players and inviting new players, we should be worrying about what the players will experience when they join. The core mechanics behind grinding are so boring and that is the only way you can level. Perhaps if quests were introduced to make it a 50/50 grind/quest levelling system then that would attract some more players. We also need content that the other versions do not have. If we're using the same content as GC, we would still lose because players who invested thousands of hours and dollars/pounds into their characters wouldn't see the point in coming here.

The other issue, we don't have staff, players are battling bugs and technical issues coming up to their eyeballs and there is no sense of direction. The capped players are either making new characters or leaving because once you hit FC, the only thing you have to look forward to is an endless grind which consists of hundreds of party quest competitions just to level up and that really isn't worth the time it takes. I know the staff situation is being looked into but without events, direction, support and help - nobody will stay here long. I stopped grinding when I reached FC6 because I just don't see the point.

If you look at other games like Guild Wars and World of Warcraft, you see a huge difference and I'm not talking about money wise. The developers communicate with the players and the game is regularly updated and graphically enhanced every so often to keep things fresh and inviting. There are lots of things for player vs player style players to do such as arena seasons, battlegrounds, earn pvp points, etc... There are lots of interesting and fun dungeons to conquer and everyone gets something to take home for their efforts (you don't get that here) and there are skills to level up, professions to choose from and mini-games to complete. We don't have anything like that and no version of 9dragons does.

You simply grind, level, quest, dungeon and repeat. That's all this game consists of and I'm really not surprised to see so much negativity against this game. Everything about the game deters players and unless big changes are made, this won't last long. The publishers shouldn't have taken this game on without doing a huge amount of research and made it extremely clear that if the developers wouldn't cooperate then legal action would be taken against them. I don't know 100% how the legalities of this publisher/developer contract works but its clear the developers don't care about our version, they don't care about GC and to an extent they don't care about their favourite KR version either.

Suba, you need to wake up and give up on this player increasing ideology because it isn't going to happen. Until big change is made to this game and you literally break the developers fingers if they refuse, this game will always be just that a 'nerco version'.

I'll be here supporting this until the end but I don't see things ever changing for the better.

Now, if we have any hope in restoring some of the trust from the steam community, we need to do some heavy changes to the voting page. The trailer needs removing, deleting and rebuilding. We cannot use the same trailer with a few video editing tweaks because everyone will see past that instantly. We also need to look at the description given out because to begin with, A Vagabond isn't a class. The entire name is classless. There not hundreds of quests, there are the same quests with different names scattered around the world so quests are the least fun thing to do.The 'huge variety of weapons' is not true, there are six weapons to choose from and the only differences are the slight graphical differences and the odd model change. The PVE dungeons are not massive, no where near massive at all. Most of them are absolutely tiny compared what a proper game dungeon looks like.

You can't throw out propaganda like that unless it's true. You will only entice negativity and it really isn't worth it. Honesty it the best policy and as long as people see that changes are being made to those, they will accept them.

Now look at some of the thumbnails. You show thumbnails with characters who barely have +7 refined weapons, old BvW events where mini-bosses from Beast Tower are being killed, a screenshot of each clans and their deco and then some of characters wearing random clothes from dungeons... A piece of wood in the shape of a pillar, a stone skull head and Shaolin on a bridge? Where are the fun looking screenshots, where are the content screenshots that people want to see? Show us screenshots of new dungeons, new items, show us what pvp looks like, show us the content that you would want to see if you were looking at this game from a player's perspective.

Those screenshots are so disgustingly old that they should come with an expiry date. You want to entice people to join not ask them to get out lemon pledge and a duster. Here are some good screenshots that show what the game could be like:

Then look at what Storm Entertainment did just by modifying the game engine to use new 3d rendering techniques, new polygons and shading and suddenly everyone wanted to play the 'new 9dragons'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTLFGRHTN4

There is so much that can be done but there is always the problem with time, money and willingness from developers/publishers.
    Last edited by Jamie9d; April 15th, 2014 at 02:33 AM.

Gotta agree with Jamie on this one. This is a game that has been in OBT forever. Alot of the initial content have not materialized. Same mobs and bosses on alomst every map and dungeon.

The people who play here are those who have become accuatomed to 9Dragons. There is no way you gonna get new players with the current state of the game.

With the kind of MMOs that are out there, 9Dragons pale in comparision. The devs need to remake the game. But they keep recycling the same things over and over. Imagine fighting scamps and rascals in an IM level dungeon lol
    Thank you.

Jedaii
    Senior Blue Dragon

The pursuit of words and any kind of learning is ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaii View Post
    Gotta agree with Jamie on this one. This is a game that has been in OBT forever. Alot of the initial content have not materialized. Same mobs and bosses on alomst every map and dungeon.

The people who play here are those who have become accuatomed to 9Dragons. There is no way you gonna get new players with the current state of the game.

With the kind of MMOs that are out there, 9Dragons pale in comparision. The devs need to remake the game. But they keep recycling the same things over and over. Imagine fighting scamps and rascals in an IM level dungeon lol
    Why do you think GC released a 'superior' dungeon and the only visual difference, each mob on a superior run has a different glow according to their difficulty. Every piece of content is regurgitated and recycled.

Yeh content is old. I dont know if this greenlight thing is a good idea, it would be good if it worked. But if there are so many bad comments, wouldnt that deter players?

Quote Originally Posted by RagingAsura View Post
    Yeh content is old. I dont know if this greenlight thing is a good idea, it would be good if it worked. But if there are so many bad comments, wouldnt that deter players?
    Definitely and with a community like Steam, I wouldn't expect anything less than negative comments. I made a discussion so hopefully new people interested in the game can ask questions before knocking the game.
    Last edited by Jamie9d; April 15th, 2014 at 07:11 AM.

Well, I just read the comments on Steam and I must say that people are on-point. The comments reflects the reality of the current situation.

All we have is a greedy developer, pawning off an out dated game to anyone who will have it. Nothing much have changed since the first CBT.

image hosting services
    Thank you.

Jedaii
    Senior Blue Dragon

The pursuit of words and any kind of learning is ambiguous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast