Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collect Assassin Skill Info (Chart + Skill Bugs)

Still 0.3 off, which meant it was only 0.1 better than a perfect Trans.
    Endless Clan
    103 Priest - [N]less-Funbuns / 94 Mage - [N]less-Gandulf / 90 Atalanta - [N]less-Nabisco / 91 Fighter - Pots

Oh those Galantia days...

Has anyone tested Inpes with Venom Throne or Running Attack?

Quote Originally Posted by GamesterX23 View Post
    Has anyone tested Inpes with Venom Throne or Running Attack?
    Inpes is a "strange" skill. You may have noticed that the Assassin's regular attack is quite potent, however, it still doesn't really hold up to skills unless you have the right build. By that I mean, 10 Inpes and 10 Fatal Mastery. The problem is, despite how fast you will be hitting, you still have the chance to miss (based on attack rating). I have only noticed a "slight" speed difference in animation lag between using Inpes with Sore Sword and without. Strange enough, this is the only skill where I noticed the differences (did not test Storm, but I highly doubt it would make a difference). So really, Inpes seems to be more of a strategical skill to conserve mana and/or get a few hits in during an otherwise lengthy animation. Inpes (and regular attacks) give good Damage Over Time, but bad burst damage (that the skills provide) due to the unpredictability of critical hits and misses.

It doesn't seem like it would be the optimal build because of its limitations, but something to test out. Remember, you need a high level of Inpes and Fatal Mastery to be effective, even then, it has its obvious drawbacks. With an Inpes investment, you give up points into Sore Sword, however, you could place EP into Violence Stab for your spammable attack and use Inpes to conserve mana. As such, you are definitely given options.

I have not tested the various "animation lag delay" of Sore Sword with different levels of Inpes. All I know is that you can execute the next move slightly faster, and either pot/take another action quicker than without the buff on.

As far as the other attacks at high levels? That is on my to do list when the Event Girl hits. Will be testing all tier 1-4 skills at levels 10 and tier 5 (for the levels that can reach), and I suggest others to help with testing as well.
    Last edited by Viseris; May 12th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.
    LinaInverse - 94 PRS
    Riela - 90 Assassin

Violence Stab LV 2
    60% DMG Boost
    78 MP Cost
    92 Stam

Level 3

80% DMG Boost
    81 MP
    94 Stam

I'll let you know if storm is spammable tomorrowish.

Level 1 storm is 50% and level 2 is 80%. Long delay so no spam and it does NOT do AOE damage. I'm going to stick with shadow bomb for now and test violence stab once I hit high enough level. It sucked at level 2.

Yes, that's the problem with Storm and Rising Strike (Tier 5) they only hit 1 time, (as far as I know). I have no idea if they possibly get more hits at a higher level or not. Pike's Jumping Crash can "sometimes" kill, so I am not discounting it ability to kill something at a high level (Storm). However, it is almost certainly on a critical hit, and when you aren't hitting a critical, the damage will be abysmal (for the most part).

Additionally, the problem with Storm is that you have to either give up your AOE (Shadow Bomb) or your high spammable damage (Violence Stab) in order to use it. That makes things really iffy in my opinion. Assassin's tier 5 as a whole is meh, though I realize Violence Stab has some serious damage potential if you raise it. I personally don't like how slow VS is compared to Sore Sword, but that's just me.

A skill's casting animation delay can be the difference between life and death, and when you look at Shadow Bomb (one example), you are rendered helpless for a good 5? secs roughly. Compare this to a Pike's tornado. Simple 2?sec cast time, comes out quick, good range (they can probably do the bug attack in SOD that allows them to hit more mobs) and no target limit. Assassin is just never going to be good at SOD, ever.Also, casting this skill in the middle of the SOD arena without VL? Good luck surviving. I am serious when I say it is a slow, laggy attack. Mana cost also being an issue, 60-80 mana a cast, can't spam at higher levels (4+? I tried lvl 3 and is spammable) and overall, it just makes the skill a pain to use.

You have to consider the Assassin's critical and 1v1 killing speed. The time it takes to cast shadow bomb to annihilate a mob, you probably mopped things up with Sore Sword already. I don't personally feel comfortable casting (as in spamming in the center of a mob) Shadow Bomb in i2, atleast without VL. Once again I have to reiterate the other negatives, mana cost, target limit, and delay time.

By the way, Pollute (Tier 4) may have some potential, just not at level 1. I agree it is VERY weak (to the point that its almost a waste of mana) at level 1. However, that being said, 4+ (where I assume it gains +targets, +duration +damage) may make it worth using. You could bring up the point of doing more damage in 1 Shadow Bomb than 1 Pollute. Yes and no. Let's say you hit 3 targets for 50dmg/sec for 5 secs. That's a total of 750 damage. Again, rather weak but I am just comparing a level 1 Pollute. The advantage is that you can cast the skill and attack other enemies, which is where the skill really shines. It will be interesting if the skill had a "persistant" effect where the poison actually remained on the field and could poison additional monsters. Again, I have not tested further than level 1.

I want to do some more testing with skills but waiting on Event Girl.

I wanted to mention that leaving off EP on the tier 5 skills you don't use is very beneficial to Assassin. Storm, Violence Stab are not needed unless you are specializing in these particular skills. Storm, I don't recommend until 102+ and Violence Stab 94+ (140% Damage Boost) to make the most of these. As such, Shadow Bomb seems like the safest choice, leaving 0 EP in Rising Strike, Violence and Storm.
    Last edited by Viseris; May 16th, 2014 at 01:06 PM.
    LinaInverse - 94 PRS
    Riela - 90 Assassin

I tested out Pollute level 10 as well as Shadow Bomb 10 and Violence Stab 7 (I think it was 7). Violence stab seems to miss a LOT . . . beat up often outdamages it and seems to do more consistent damage overall since it doesn't seem to ever miss the main target. When Violence stab DOES connect (both hits) it does tons of damage. I would say the Assassin would need to have much more Attack Rating for this skill to be useful. I'll test level 10 in the future. . . . it seems as if Attack Mastery does not add attack rating when using this skill .

Pollute is 100% useless and just wastes mana, stamina, and time that could be spent doing real damage.

Shadow Bomb level 10 is probably THE best skill to level with until at least 10x. It increased my killing rate in I2 HS significantly. Use beat-up twice, swap to Shadow Bomb 10 and use it once. Mobs were dropping so much faster as Shadow Bomb was hitting 9 targets. It would take between 1/5 and 1/3 of some enemies life bar each hit. With EXP Pot, Phoenix Pet,cuspid, mana pot, and X2 exp I was receiving up to 800kk/hour experience soloing. Beat-up also has the effect of making your hp and mp regen to full/near full if you hit enough enemies and are using a mana pot/cuspid.

Thanks for the feedback GamesterX23. I had not considered using Shadow Bomb in conjunction with Beat-up. Seems like a good combo. I admit that Pollute is weak (seems like a mirror version of Pike's Tier 3 Skill) and could use some rebalancing or damage scaling (will never happen though). I had no idea Violence Stab missed so much, that is definately detrimental to using the skill.

Attack Mastery is a strange skill that I still don't understand. You think it would increase attack rating with all skills, yet it doesn't work with Violence Stab? Is that intended or a bug? If AM didn't increase our attack rating at all, we would be missing more than a Pike without Amplify. Sore Sword seems to be effected, but I didn't test on LOC+ mobs.

Then, that begs the question on whether Storm has a boosted hit rate. That may balance things considerably if it only hits once at all levels(?) and cannot be spammed, where Violence Stab can be. Still, if you consider Shadow Spam usage, it seems superior outside of PVP. However, the point still stands that you are likely to kill yourself using Shadow Bomb in a high map tanking things, but can be effective in a party setting to dwindle the HP of several mobs. I agree that Fatal Mastery/Shadow Bomb seems to be the way to go for the most part.

Some other notes from my testing.

• Frost Wind Hits Twice at all levels
    • Pasting Shadow hits twice at all levels
    • Wisp doesn't seem to be resisted by mobs (unlike Holy Mind). Did not test in LOC+
    • Soul Shock - Some Mobs resist the skill, but in PVP it appears to increase the duration as it implies, up to 22 seconds. Players seem to be stunned, which you may be able to resist, didn't test extensively on multiple players/setups.
    • Venom Throne/Running Hit - Hits twice at all levels.

My issue is that, do Assassin's really have more Damage Output(DPS) than a Pike? If you look at Assassin's Eye skill on Pike, they can get more Critical than Assassin with just level 2 or 3 on the skill. That is outrageous. All Assassin can do is lower a mob's attack power, while may be useful in higher maps (not resisted?) it doesn't match up to an Amplify/Assassin's Eye Combo which is OP.

So where exactly does an Assassin excel over Pike? Party Support? Lol. That much is true, they do give 16% or is it 8%? I have no idea if it is halved, to party members. You think that it would be halved, keeping in line with other similar skills (HOV, Mech Attack Boost,) but not sure. They have less defense (evade/block), you can make a case of having more absorb but really, 30 absorb may make a difference in PVP but not hunting maps. Less DPS than a Pike (because of Assassin's Eye, Amplify and Assassin's lower attack rating). Not to mention our one Tier 5 attack that could be decent, misses often.

With Assassin, it seems they are meant to be a flashy AOE user in combination with their 1v1 attacks/speed. In that sense, their situational AOE is better than Pike. What that means is that if you have Mobs spread around the party (i.e. not in a circle around 1 player) they have better AOE/range/dmg than what tornado can do. Doesn't change the fact that the skill is slow.

I am disappointed that we don't have a SINGLE attack that is more than two hits. I mean, really? If Violence Stab really doesn't add AR gained from Attack Rating, using that skill is just a gamble (high MP cost/high miss rate). If Storm Adds attack rating, it seems that would be the best 1v1 combination with Sore Sword usage in the delay.

However, Storm hits once. Theoretically, let's say you have Level 10 Sore Sword (92% Boost x 2 Hits) and Level 10 Storm (1 hit x 350% Boost).

You hit for 1000 Damage (105-108 good weap, enigma force) x (.92) = 1920 x 2 = 3840 (Sword Sword)

Storm - You hit for 1000 damage x 3.5 = 3500

This is based on 0 critical hits.

Let's say you hit a critical hit with Storm, (based on previous numbers) = 5950 damage.

What I don't understand is how this could do anymore damage than a Sword Sword level 10 attack, unless it hits more than once at higher levels. Doesn't add up in the slightest. Unless there is a strange phenomenon where you apply the critical before the modifier where Storm's high mod would elevate the resulting damage significantly. Regardless, you would match that damage with two Sore Sword's easily.

One Hit attacks just don't make sense. There is a case for Pike's Jumping Crash because of its accuracy. Archer's Wind Shot because of Speed/mana and ATA Twist Jav for the same reason's as Pike (but who levels that). Other than that...no other attack will kill.

What also might be interesting to calculate is Inpes Level 10/Fatal Mastery 10 DPS compared to Sore Sword 10. Sore Sword probably bloww it out of the water, but you have to take critical hits/speed into account. Let's say you somehow hit 4 criticals in a row with a base damage of 1000. Here I am assuming you can get 4 normal hits per cast of Sore Sword.

1000 x (4) = 4000 | 1000 x (.7) x 4 = 2800 | 4000 + 2800 = 6800 (4 normal attacks, all criticals Inpes 10)

1000 Damage (105-108 good weap, enigma force) x (.92) = 1920 x 2 = 3840 (Sword Sword) (no crits)

1000 Damage (105-108 good weap, enigma force) x (.92) = 1920 x (.7) = 1344 x 2 = 2688| 2688 + 3840 = 6528 (Sword Sword) (all crits)

This is ofcourse under the best favorable conditions, which assumes:
    • Inpes AND Fatal Mastery are both level 10
    • You hit 4 straight criticals on normal attacks
    • You hit (don't miss on the attacks)
    • You can actually hit 4 times (2 normal swings) in Sore Sword's animation time, with Inpes 10.

Because of the damage variance, not hitting a critical on every attack, and misses, Sore Sword is obviously the better option. While we don't know the boost that a speed 9 weapon provides to Inpes, the same results (damage variance and misses) will apply. Still, an effective option if you want to go this route, to save on Mana/STM costs (not have an excuse to stop attacking). Good to finish off enemies with only a small amount of health remaining. Also useful to get damage in during high risk situations (where animation lag will kill you). This is because one attack will come out quicker than any thing else, allowing you to pot faster.

So, in summary, Assassin looks like a flashier pike with more DPS in a mob setting (passive critical) but not during hunting. Better situational AOE damage, and party support. Low/No mana cost attack option. Wisp as a debuff will keep you alive, but wont' kill the mob faster compared to Assassin's eye. Stun over freeze (which I assume is resisted in higher maps), but probably nifty in PVP (you can still pot while stunned).
    LinaInverse - 94 PRS
    Riela - 90 Assassin

a normal attack is 1hit, not 2 even if the animation shows it.
    Noon 9X Mage
    Mercure 9X Pike
    Littlenoon 79 Mage

Shadow bom at lv 10 5 sec delay :v

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast