Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collect Assassin Skill Info (Chart + Skill Bugs)

Quote Originally Posted by Fafard View Post
    a normal attack is 1hit, not 2 even if the animation shows it.
    Hmm. That may be so. As much as I would like to like Inpes, it just doesn't seem to be a viable skill at the moment, or could be bugged.(waste of points). This consensus, and as a result of further testing, I would recommend to the leave the skill at 1. That being said, casting the skill does offer some "small" benefit ONLY to Sore Sword "lag" (and normal attacks but, normals are surprisingly weak).

Another question I have for Assassin users: How do Beat-up work?

Is it effected by force damage? Does it have the chance to critical on the targeted enemy? Essentially, I am asking if it functions as a 1v1 attack, with an AOE bonus, which would make it a unique skill. I could of sworn I actually missed a hit of Beat up before, despite its AOE function. I know it hits twice, but I am wondering if this could be a "replacement" for Sore Sword with better damage, only with a slightly longer start-up/animation.

Second question: Does Blind even work?

I know some users have claimed that this skill is bugged, but, is it really? Sometimes with level 1 it "feels" like I am doing more damage when I cast it, but it could be a placebo effect. It may just be damage variance playing tricks with me (we know critical fluctuations can be high). It would be an interesting contrast to Pike's to have the skill stay active after attacking, but would that be OP?

Last question: How is Assassin Hit Rate?

I have no idea if Attack Mastery is working as intended or not, but I have always had it at level 10. In i1 and i2, it seems like I miss 1 out of 2 attacks on Sore Sword "sometimes". If attack mastery added 62% of your TOTAL attack rating, you would have ~1600 attack rating with 1000 base AR. Seems decent, however, it sometimes feels like I am missing alot (I know normal attacks are not effected because I miss a significant amount).

Where is the balance if Assassin's get no additional AR, no multi hit attacks (over 2), lower critical (hunting), less defense over Pike? Yeah, Beat-up seems to be a decent attack (dwindling the HP of surrounding mobs while focusing on 1) combined with Shadow Bomb, but Pike's still have tornado, a fast AOE with no target limit and 360 degree range.
    Last edited by Viseris; May 22nd, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
    LinaInverse - 94 PRS
    Riela - 90 Assassin

As far as I can tell, Force damage does NOT affect Beat-Up. I also don't think criticals are possible, but I could be wrong there. I honestly wouldn't replace sore sword with beat-up, as sore sword is faster animation-wise and also more practical in certain situations. The best combination for leveling IS sore sword, beat up, and Shadow Bomb combined. The reason Beat-up is so unique is because its base 1v1 damage is decent AND the splash damage applies to regen pots/cuspids, which gives any assassin that spends money on the game a huge advantage in leveling speed, as well as spawn-holding and money-generating capabilities (mana anyone?)

Has anyone tried blind level 10?

As far as hit-rate goes. I believe mine has around 1100-1200 attack rating, but it is difficult for me to gauge as to whether or not attack mastery is working or not as well. I miss a bit, but not enough to severely inhibit my killing speed in most maps. My attack rating in ET seems adequate as well.

So far I think Assassins also have the WORST HP formula of any melee character in the game. A level 86 knight with good rings (sealed) has just as much hp or more than a level 100 assasin with similar or slightly better rings. This is pretty unacceptable, considering there are absolutely zero one-handed weapons that assassins can use to their advantage.

I have a good feeling that some day assassins will be rebalanced, as there are no reasons to level one at the moment beyond personal reasons. People that party with them complain about them slowing exp down and high level assassins often complain that they cannot tank well or cannot deal considerable amounts of damage in any situation.

I also believe that more testing needs to be done on high level skills, as some skills will state low damage increases (ie 15% more damage) but seem to do much more than that when actually used. Trusting the "300% extra damage" on storm level 10 without testing it is kind of a moot point.

Oh yeah one last thing . . . on the subject of beat-up & shadow bomb vs Tornado. I have a level 93 pike and I'm confident that at level 93 my Assassin would outkill him in I2 hs. Tornado only gives a 50% damage boost at level 5 while Shadow Bomb gives a HUGE base damage boost at all levels. Shadow Bomb has more range. Tornado often pushes enemies into a circle around you so you're not necessarily hitting 15-20 enemies at a time. Cuspids and Mana pots also don't work on tornado.
    IGNs:
    amester23
    Unemployed
    NotUnemployed
    AlexOfBurg
    ManBearIronfist

Gamester,
    I want to meet up with you in-game to see how you play in I2 HS.
    I took my 100 Assa there last night with my MS +10 and +11 gear to try what you showed me, but dang she took so much damage I was potting more than attacking.

Hopefully we can cross paths at some point. I admit, I didn't have mana recharger or Vamp Cuspid, but I know with the damage I was taking, it would not have helped.

Also, the skill Shadow Bomb, what a goofy skill to cast in my opinion. You have to make sure you are not moused over anything or it does jsut a simple attach skill. At least that is what I noticed.

Sadly, I would know more if I actually played my Assa to level 100, but I didn't and now I am struggling to figure out how to play her effectively. As it sits now, I think she is simply eye candy. haha

Cheers!

murky min spirit is 62 per Untitled.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDarkEnergy View Post
    murky min spirit is 64 ( ex knight is 68 )

Quote Originally Posted by BnGt447igxPth7Y View Post
    murky min spirit is 62 per Untitled.jpg
    really?? or hate b***h that item bug?
    IGN: ForceAtalanta

Quote Originally Posted by RainStar_Mech View Post
    Gamester,
    I want to meet up with you in-game to see how you play in I2 HS.
    I took my 100 Assa there last night with my MS +10 and +11 gear to try what you showed me, but dang she took so much damage I was potting more than attacking.

Hopefully we can cross paths at some point. I admit, I didn't have mana recharger or Vamp Cuspid, but I know with the damage I was taking, it would not have helped.

Also, the skill Shadow Bomb, what a goofy skill to cast in my opinion. You have to make sure you are not moused over anything or it does jsut a simple attach skill. At least that is what I noticed.

Sadly, I would know more if I actually played my Assa to level 100, but I didn't and now I am struggling to figure out how to play her effectively. As it sits now, I think she is simply eye candy. haha

Cheers!
    dont know but i just continuesly hitting left and right click when spamming shadow bomb.. even if you dont target a mobs if you are near any mobs and continuesly clicking right click sometimes it will still normal attack the nearest mob
    give me a pen.. im gonna sign here[img]//static.subagames.com/PROFILE/images/icon/awesome.gif?v=1[/img]

I've always had a habit of keeping my mouse outside of the mob I'm fighting, even before i started playing Assassins so it feels natural to me. Just remember, Beat up TWICE then during the animation move your mouse outside of the mob. Treat it like you would treat divine lightning.

Also remember that you can right click while holding left click to move around, just like you can with DL. You can use the camera movement to confirm the end of the beat-up animation so you know when to right click.
    IGNs:
    amester23
    Unemployed
    NotUnemployed
    AlexOfBurg
    ManBearIronfist

Thanks for the input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GamesterX23 View Post

Has anyone tried blind level 10?

On blind, there was this vid: https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=66691

It seems to confirm that the damage boost applies to the first hit only. As such, it seems like blind --> Storm would be an "effective" combo. However, at the same time, not really. Blind as a whole seems to be largely bugged.

You are probably correct about the HP formula.

What sort of balance adjustments to Assassins do you think are necessary in light of this? By the way, Beat-up has a delay, I just don't know at what level it starts. I had mine at 8, and there was a delay of 3-5 secs, making it a lot less viable. Good notes about the i2 assassin vs pike. Interesting to take into account. Considering Assassin's have extremely low HP and defense, I think blind damage boost (and -visibility) should stay up permanently, either that or have it function similar to Pike's where you can recast it. For reference, my Assassin had around ~515 HP (iirc) with a 80 Health stat, 90 quest complete (no VR's and -15 HP from not turning in tier 3 HP). Seems extremely low considering things. Seems they would easily die faster than a low str ATA, no question (or PRS).
    Last edited by Viseris; May 28th, 2014 at 12:49 PM.
    LinaInverse - 94 PRS
    Riela - 90 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Viseris View Post
    Thanks for the input guys.

On blind, there was this vid: https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=66691

It seems to confirm that the damage boost applies to the first hit only. As such, it seems like blind --> Storm would be an "effective" combo. However, at the same time, not really. Blind as a whole seems to be largely bugged.

You are probably correct about the HP formula.

What sort of balance adjustments to Assassins do you think are necessary in light of this? By the way, Beat-up has a delay, I just don't know at what level it starts. I had mine at 8, and there was a delay of 3-5 secs, making it a lot less viable. Good notes about the i2 assassin vs pike. Interesting to take into account. Considering Assassin's have extremely low HP and defense, I think blind damage boost (and -visibility) should stay up permanently, either that or have it function similar to Pike's where you can recast it. For reference, my Assassin had around ~515 HP (iirc) with a 80 Health stat, 90 quest complete (no VR's and -15 HP from not turning in tier 3 HP). Seems extremely low considering things. Seems they would easily die faster than a low str ATA, no question (or PRS).
    Thats because it is low. My pike has 619 HP at level 93 . . .579 with no rings. My assassin at 100 has 440 HP with rings and 410 without . . . 169 LESS.

I'm honestly not sure what balance adjustments assassins need. The only advantage an assassin has on paper is her combined block and dodge. 14% block from 80d, 16% dodge from mastery, and 16% dodge from Alas. Total "blocked or evaded" moves should be 46%, but one hit with only 410-440 hp in a high level map IS a recipe for disaster. . . . especially considering some enemies like Dead King Hopy can hit multiple times in 1 attack. Even with a KA and 2 VRs you have only ~555 hp at level 100. STILL less than my pike with NO Vrs and NO KA.

I believe Assassins could use a better HP formula (not necessarily as good as pikes, due to their increased dodge, vs vague level 1.) If Wisp worked and Blind could be re-cast or canceled that would be great, but I don't think blind would be a cure-all since Assassins initial strike damage is already somewhat "low" with sore sword. I do believe it would change the game up a bit though.

We still need to do testing on high level assassin skills. Its difficult to test because it requires actual money to be spent when event girl is around if you dont want to spend 30 years retraining skills. You never know . . . .working Blind + Storm could wreak havoc in a high level map, enabling Assassins to gain effective solo experience in those areas.

I also need to re-test violence stab. I had a discussion with SongNhi about it and he had the same exact issue with it though . . . it misses far too often to be effective and has a slow attack animation.

Also need to test a combination of skills. What if attack mastery was level 1 and you had high level rising slash (or storm,) high level pasting shadow (or frost wind,) and used sore sword 10 in-between. You might miss out on criticals, but would the increased damage output from spamming skills be worth it? Would you be able to spam them in such a way that there is almost no delay (so no more sore sword!) in-between?

Also - I don't think this is true as my damage fluctuates too much, but have you ever felt like you were dealing extra damage when polluted is used on an enemy? I use it on enemies randomly and sometimes feel as if I'm doing more damage, but I believe that may be due to random criticals during skills.

Oh yeah . . . I'm really a big fan of the current Dagger (assin spec only) setup, but being able to use skills 1 handed would be nice I suppose.
    Last edited by GamesterX23; May 30th, 2014 at 12:53 AM.
    IGNs:
    amester23
    Unemployed
    NotUnemployed
    AlexOfBurg
    ManBearIronfist

I still cannot find the good way to build my assasin
    SongNhi from Undead CLAN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast