Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Collect Assassin Skill Info (Chart + Skill Bugs)

Default Collect Assassin Skill Info (Chart + Skill Bugs)

With some testing of the Assassin class, I was able to construct this shoddily put together chart. Please chime in with your inputs on any skills of Assassin from your play experience.

If you would like to edit the Google Spreadsheets file (to adjust the values) here is the link.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

Tier 5

*Attack Range on Shadow Bomb is 80-170 depending on level, I adjusted it on the spreadsheet, just too lazy to remake the image atm.

Class Notes

• Evade is 32 with Alas 10 and Attack Mastery 10
    • Critical % is 61 with 80(A,B,C,D) Dagger +10 and Fatal Mastery 10
    • Max Evade + Block with 80(C,D) Dagger is 46
    • Pikes Max Evade + Block with 80(D) Pike is 58 (Pole + Shield 65-70+ Evade)
    • Pikes Max Critical with 80(D) Pike (+10) and 10 Critical Mastery is 42 (Additional Crit depending on Assassin Eye Level, and whether it is casted on the mob)
    • Pikes in summary, get better defense, the potential for better critical (if you debuff every mob and level assassin's eye, but who does that with vague and amplify).
    • Assassin's get more passive critical, an option to attack "decently" without mana via Inpes, Better group support (Alas), More absorb (due to offset of Pike's Amplify, but lets face it, they will be taking more damage due to the above numbers I outlined).
    • Assassins get higher damage overall due to their mastery skill and min on their weapons surpassing pikes, and the passive critical taking effect.
    • Assassins have stun and lower enemy damage perks (not tested in higher level maps). If poison actually worked in PVP, that would be a plus. Wish it was an active buff to apply a DOT on normal attacks.
    • Assassin's cannot do ANYTHING with a shield equipped, that is, they cannot buff, and they obviously cannot attack, so a pike wins in that regard.
    • Pike's are probably more accurate(amplify). I don't know how Attack Mastery works, but I think it may add a % of your overall attack rating to skills, that's my best guess.
    • Assassin is weaker in SOD than a Pike, because of target limit on Shadow Bomb. That being said, Shadow bomb is probably stronger/more versatile in higher maps (Ice Map+) because of the damage per cast being higher than Tornado. The laggy animation however, can kill you.

Bugs
    • Attack mastery description is in Spanish. Does it work as intended?
    • Blind does not work, period. Doesn't add damage, the buff stays active, only works to conceal enemy vision at the moment. The stats may mirror Pikes Vanish exactly, I just haven't tested the skill at higher levels.
    • Some bug where if you use Blind in Ice map, it makes you invisible when frozen.
    • Assassin holds their weapons wrong, slowing down their normal attacks. Fixed by Sunny's Patch.
    • Using a Cash Shop hair potion on your character leaves you without a headband, appearing if you are only tier 1. When I used the potion, I was at tier 5, so I have no idea if that has an effect or not.
    • Along the same lines, using Blind with the cash shop hair for Assassin, you can see your face in the back of your head. Strange I know!
    • Mixing (using mixing/gemming formulas) on Assassin's weapons do not work. You can only age your weapons.

Any more bugs that I have forgotten or you have noticed, please post in this thread, thanks.

Things to test (Event Girl?)
    • Polluted at higher levels. It doesn't work in PVP as far as I tested. Not sure how strong the duration or damage gets. However, it is weak overall because it is not modified by anything.
    • Frost Wind / Pasting Shadow / Rising Slash / Violence Stab / Storm - Number of hits change with levels? Do the modifiers change significantly?
    • Inpes 10 with a 9 speed weapon effect on attack skill speed and normal attack speed. Similarly, throw in a Shaman Midranda buff for the heck of it.
    • Beat Up at higher levels. I assume this follows a simple formula, but is there delay?
    • Soul Shock/Wisp in higher maps and in PVP. Is it resisted like holy mind or ATA Shield Strike, FS Roar?
    • Venom Throme. Does this get any better or does it just has a Poison animation for the heck of it? No Poison DOT?
    • Running Hit/ Stingger. Probably useless, but you never know unless you test.

Anything else you can think of, please post in the thread.

Stats
    Strength: Rest
    Spirit: 62 (Min spirit murky?) or your call depending on mana needs.
    Talent: 90
    Agility: 72?
    Health: 22 or your call (less defense than Pike)

Builds

I recommend:
    SP
    Dual Sword Mastery 10
    Attack Mastery 10
    Alas 10

EP
    Fatal Mastery 10 (or your call depending on how much crit you want to give up to place into other EP skills. I say atleast 5 should be a necessity, but feel free to experiment on what suits your playstyle).

Standard Build
    Dual Sword Mastery 10
    Attack Mastery 10
    Alas 10
    Sore Sword 10
    Fatal Mastery 10
    Shadow Bomb 10 (you can leave off the other EP skills to max sooner)

Good AOE and good crit. Can't go wrong here.

Low Mana Cost/Burst
    Dual Sword Mastery 10
    Attack Mastery 10
    Alas 10
    Inpes 8-10 (or w.e works for you)
    Fatal Mastery 10
    Violence Stab 10

Sacrifice your AOE damage to deal better 1v1 than Sore Sword. With Violence Stab, you don't need Sore Sword, as it is redundant. Inpes is for those times when you need to deal damage, but burn through your mana too quickly. Plus variety. You can also leave off Inpes and put the points into something like Soul Shock, Wisp or Blind, to suit your fancy.

No Mana Cost/DOT
    Base Spirit
    Dual Sword Mastery 10
    Attack Mastery 10
    Alas 10
    Inpes 10
    Fatal Mastery 10
    Polluted 10? or experiment

An interesting non-cookie cutter build. Problem is attack rating however, so I don't think the extra ~50 points of str would be worth the tradeoff. You could do some interesting things like, leave tier 5 blank and mess around with Polluted damage. I just wish it worked in PVP. You actually probably could get off a level 10 Pasting Shadow with base spirit. With buffs, you are probably still drinking a decent amount of mana, and there is the higher ring and amulet trade off. Probably not worth it because it seems attack mastery only raises your AR with skills.

Hybrid, with a high damage, cool down attack

Dual Sword Mastery 10
    Attack Mastery 10
    Alas 10
    Sore Sword 10
    OR
    Inpes 8-10
    Blind Rest, if/when it gets fixed
    Fatal Mastery 5-10
    Shadow Bomb 3+
    Storm 10

With this build, you are given a bit of variety. For managing MP Costs, I really like Inpes even though many scoff at the skill. You can burn through your mana with Shadow bomb, finish the stragglers with Inpes, throw out a Storm to 1 hit something, and Sore Sword the rest. Shadow Bomb at lvl 3, I really like, as it gives you just enough range and targets to be "decent". Someone claimed that Storm was 1v1, but under the description for Assassin on the BR site, it says "Area of Effect". I have not tested the skill myself. The sacrifices of this build are that you give up some Critical and AOE damage over the standard build, for some variety, and potentially better mana management (Inpes). Inpes again, just gives you that flexibility of conserving mana, yet still dealing damage, bursting your mana when you need it, and saying "I'm too lazy to/can't repot but still want to dish out damage". Certainly not "optimal" over using a skill for every attack, but hey, use whatever suits your playstyle. Another option is ditching Storm and using Violence Stab, sacrificing the fatal mastery, and keeping Shadow Bomb a decent level.

Additional Skills to consider:
    Blind: If it ever gets fixed.
    Soul Shock: Decent at level 3+ I say. The duration makes it potentially, a very powerful tool in PVP.
    Wisp: As a priest, I use holy mind often on Morgonia or Blue Mountain, outside of that, doesn't see much use because other monsters resist it. I haven't tested how effect Wisp is on monster's resistances, or its application in PVP.

That's it guys, my lengthy write up, constructed in about 4 hours, and having leveled an Assassin to 85. Please chime in with your thoughts, edits. Much appreciated.

Assassin is a fairly neat class, with some positives and negatives. Not nearly as OP as a Pike, but they have some decent perks, plus the passive critical is nice. Very high potential in build variety.
    Last edited by Viseris; May 3rd, 2014 at 03:15 PM.
    LinaInverse - 94 PRS
    Riela - 90 Assassin

Shadow Bomb delay at lv 4. (Delay increase per lv)

Violence Stab lv 2 60%. 20% per lv.

Thanks for the info Silent (hey by the way ).

Having tested Violence Stab, it is one of those skills that has low starting values, but high potential (like a lot of Assassin Skills). At level 1, you will be disappointed. Less damage than a level 1 Sore Sword. Plus the animation is slower. However, if I am going by the trend, it has the potential for 220%+ Damage at level 10, which is INSANE. 100+ Mana per cast yeah, and slightly slower animation speed, so that is something to consider.

I had no idea Shadow Bomb had a delay, that makes no sense. Hmm...most Assassins get 10 of this skill despite that...? It's a good skill but, I mean the animation is laggy and can certainly kill you. Not to mention, you can often kills things 1v1 faster. Though I can understand the investment that is needed into the tier 5 skills, you need a high lvl to make the most of it.

Someone want to give some input on Storm, the tier 5 90 skill? I don't have it yet sadly. From what I read from another thread, the user claimed it was 1v1 with a cooldown. I don't know how many times it hits, or the other properties however, like delay time.

Right, Violence Stab hits twice, but it has the weird property where the last hit seems to come out later due to the animation.
    Last edited by Viseris; May 4th, 2014 at 01:55 AM.
    LinaInverse - 94 PRS
    Riela - 90 Assassin

I have seen videos on youtube. where the storm at lv 10 has 320% dmg boost.
    But I'm not sure that's the official value.

murky min spirit is 64 ( ex knight is 68 )
    • Ign : lLuan86
    • Char : Knight

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDarkEnergy View Post
    murky min spirit is 64 ( ex knight is 68 )
    murky perf min spirit for assa is 62.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDeadAR View Post
    murky perf min spirit for assa is 62.
    Would like to see a screenshot of this. Mathematically, it just doesn't follow what's been done previously with -% reqs.
    Endless Clan
    103 Priest - [N]less-Funbuns / 94 Mage - [N]less-Gandulf / 90 Atalanta - [N]less-Nabisco / 91 Fighter - Pots

Oh those Galantia days...

And yep... confirmed with info from KPT site...

64 is min Spirit on Assa Murkies. Maybe you confused a Assa VR you saw?
    Endless Clan
    103 Priest - [N]less-Funbuns / 94 Mage - [N]less-Gandulf / 90 Atalanta - [N]less-Nabisco / 91 Fighter - Pots

Oh those Galantia days...

i selled murky 62 spirit 0.9 0.9 Spec 0.6.... ask whit Sunnyz :v

lol i hope you got a bundle for it being that low spirit. That might have been a rare murky.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast