Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP events, ideas and suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaii View Post
    Two problems with PvP:

1. High PK-ing low
    2. PvE-oriented players being grieved by Pk-ers with big ego (to compensate for small @#$@).

The solution to #1 is level restriction. JW did it for the daily quest in BP so it can be done.

A possible solution to #2 is a time-limit. If you kill someone, you can't attack them again for another 5 minutes. This would mean they are free to attack you without impunity but who going to stick around until they respawn and return to their location.....

As for CC anti-PK buff removal. CC is a failed concept. The exp rate is lower. The only real difference with cc and other maps is the BE drop rate. If you are going to remove CC anti-Pk buff them you have to make it into the map that it should be. HIGHER rates and better rewards. 1000 damage pills drop there as well as HP leech but the drop rate in those items are so low and candle and pumpkins still drop.

You can't remove the buff when the map still have pseudo "higher rates and rewards". replace the buff with PK buff: def and dodge.

The tournament idea was suggested elsewhere but it never worked out. The idea of cheating came up and it would require GMs to monitor the activities of participants. As it stands, GM don't really know much here. The only way that would work is for players to submit the names of the chars they intend to enter and GM copy those chars to temp accounts and players get the log in info on the day of the tournament.

PvP is not bad, it's the players that are. I like the idea of PvP-ing now and then but it should be on my own time, when I decide. The thing I hate the most is when idiots run around Pk-ing people especially on event days.
    can u come up with new reasons? ppl use "higher players griefing low players" reason since acclaim...
    remember acclaim xp? 0,02/mob
    and yet,here we have x6 base rates...and you guys still complain ....ppl was bothered becaz they was losing time from xp cards if they would get pk'ed...and now,this is not a problem anymore since we have uber rates

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2peu View Post
    can u come up with new reasons? ppl use "higher players griefing low players" reason since acclaim...
    remember acclaim xp? 0,02/mob
    and yet,here we have x6 base rates...and you guys still complain ....ppl was bothered becaz they was losing time from xp cards if they would get pk'ed...and now,this is not a problem anymore since we have uber rates
    I don't need to come up with new reasons if players are opposed to open PvP due to the reasons I stated. Rates to do matter. It's the players' enjoyment of the game that does. on x600 server, players still complained about the grieving in PvP. Every Hermit-IM nab was camping out in icy or Dragon gate Inn. you could pretty much grind peacefully by demonic thieves cause people rarely PK their level unless its 1v many.
    Thank you.

Jedaii
    Senior Blue Dragon

The pursuit of words and any kind of learning is ambiguous.

I don't need to come up with new reasons if players are opposed to open PvP due to the reasons I stated. Rates to do matter. It's the players' enjoyment of the game that does. on x600 server, players still complained about the grieving in PvP. Every Hermit-IM nab was camping out in icy or Dragon gate Inn. you could pretty much grind peacefully by demonic thieves cause people rarely PK their level unless its 1v many.
    go play tetris then?
    you say ppl are opposed to pvp...did u make a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2peu View Post
    go play tetris then?
    you say ppl are opposed to pvp...did u make a poll?
    The poll was created and less than a small handful of people voted yes. The population either doesn't care, doesnt use the forum or just doesn't want to vote. A poll is subjective because votes can be boosted or balanced out.

its still a poll
    and our poll is about making LD and higher maps pvp(or at least icy and tibet)
    he said ppl opposed pvp..this is something else ,eh depends how we read it

If you kill someone, you can't attack them again for another 5 minutes. This would mean they are free to attack you without impunity but who going to stick around until they respawn and return to their location.....
    Sorry I nearly choked on my drink reading this. So you wanna turn this game into a turnbased trading type game? LOL so just because you died, it gives you right to attack the other person without them being able to hit you back? Is your head on straight?
    "*sniff sniff* sorry i just killed you, but wait there ok, i'll trade you back your karma, hit me, i wont hit back i promise" You are the the evolution of karma traders, it sounds like a girl's pillow fight to me. In essense no one is allowed to kill you, and if they do you want it back for free.

Please think next time you post. In BP or war, if there was higher population and your char was good enough to go on a rampage you kill 20 people, now 20 people have free reign to hit you back without any retaliation. Wake up please.
    Last edited by RagingAsura; May 15th, 2014 at 06:13 AM.

Two problems with PvP:

1. High PK-ing low
    2. PvE-oriented players being grieved by Pk-ers with big ego (to compensate for small @#$@).

The solution to #1 is level restriction. JW did it for the daily quest in BP so it can be done.

A possible solution to #2 is a time-limit. If you kill someone, you can't attack them again for another 5 minutes. This would mean they are free to attack you without impunity but who going to stick around until they respawn and return to their location.....

As for CC anti-PK buff removal. CC is a failed concept. The exp rate is lower. The only real difference with cc and other maps is the BE drop rate. If you are going to remove CC anti-Pk buff them you have to make it into the map that it should be. HIGHER rates and better rewards. 1000 damage pills drop there as well as HP leech but the drop rate in those items are so low and candle and pumpkins still drop.

You can't remove the buff when the map still have pseudo "higher rates and rewards". replace the buff with PK buff: def and dodge.

The tournament idea was suggested elsewhere but it never worked out. The idea of cheating came up and it would require GMs to monitor the activities of participants. As it stands, GM don't really know much here. The only way that would work is for players to submit the names of the chars they intend to enter and GM copy those chars to temp accounts and players get the log in info on the day of the tournament.

PvP is not bad, it's the players that are. I like the idea of PvP-ing now and then but it should be on my own time, when I decide. The thing I hate the most is when idiots run around Pk-ing people especially on event days.
    Sorry dude, but this topic is about PvP events, not PvE.

I added the increased rates for people like you, you can enjoy your 9x but consider that you can be PK-ed. If you don't want to use the increased XP, you can go to dungeons where you can't be killed. I guess every carebear can take that risk one weekend per month. There are lots of changes in the game, you can easily build up your CK def now, plus you have lots of leech ****, probably you could even tank the PKer if you are smart enough. On the other hand, I mentioned LD and higher maps only, not to have that big level differences.

As for CC, it was never about the XP rates or the BE drop rate. It was about Wei and def boss. If you ever played those maps without the **** anti PK buff, you should remember how much fun was there, and how many ppl enjoyed that **** and went down to fight for bosses every 4 hrs for years.

9 dragons cc 3 war part 1.avi - YouTube
    9 dragons cc 3 war part 2.avi - YouTube
    9 dragons Gene returns at wei.mp4 - YouTube

The tournament was held once on Bardo, and it worked out. Not counting the part when the retarded VGM didn't have enough items in his bag to give me my reward.

Quote Originally Posted by PrOm0schjn0 View Post
    Agree with most of these idea but 2. Spawning bosses in HF make this server look like play9d or another private server.
    I'm not talking about spawning 200 TGW every weekend. It should be an event once per months or 2 months. With few normal bosses like def boss, hp boss, few normal Wei, one TGW for nukers, one TGW in los spot for melee users, if the community gets higher, can spawn Tibet bosses, and that increased level TGW ****.
    We had that event on the German server, and it was one of the best events I ever had since I play this game.

9Dragons PvP, Hefei PvP Event - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by SEEYOUPK View Post
    Sorry dude, but this topic is about PvP events, not PvE.

If you ever played those maps without the **** anti PK buff, you should remember how much fun was there, and how many ppl enjoyed that **** and went down to fight for bosses every 4 hrs for years.

9 dragons cc 3 war part 1.avi - YouTube
    9 dragons cc 3 war part 2.avi - YouTube
    9 dragons Gene returns at wei.mp4 - YouTube
    He's the new breed, he wouldnt remember those. This is now the generation of whiners and karma traders only. Dont expect any pk.

finally when you got some great ideas and a poll about pvp events(wich we didnt have one from a loooong time on any other versions) there is still some1 who's complaining about it....if you dont like pvp it doesnt mean you have to f**k their fun
    I hate fans and wannabeez

Just put the arena of hefei we miss, arena of Hero Bands and also OX map like Korea.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast