Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP events, ideas and suggestions

Default PVP events, ideas and suggestions

PVP Event Suggestion Thread!

Hey guys,

I know almost all content has been geared towards pve players and to a large degree that isn't fair. What we want to know is what sort of ideas and suggestions do you have regarding pvp. There will never be full pvp enabled on every single map but some of the higher maps such as Icy/Tibet are a great example of maps that should be pvp enabled without buffs. A lot of players are requesting to have the cc anti buff removed and that is something that should also be taken into consideration. If you go into a pvp map, you should expect to be attacked by players.

The big question is how can we cater and please pvp players whilst keeping the balance for pve players as well. I will add ideas and suggestions to a list below this paragraph and we'll make sure the ideas are seen by management.

Idea list

• Pvp enabled maps as event with higher exp on maps for pve players as risk rewards
    • Player tournaments
    • League vs league pk tournaments
    • Remove anti-buff from cc
    • 8 vs 8
    • Party vs Party
    • Elimination

I don't entirely know exactly what all of these suggestions are but hopefully the people who sent them to me can clarify them later.
    Last edited by Jamie9d; May 14th, 2014 at 01:52 PM.

I really like these suggestions, especially the first one.If the first one would not happen...my suggestion would be to enable pvp every few hours a day for a period of time(idk if thats possible).Or maybe add anti-pk buff for those hardcore grinders...though i have a feeling this wont be accepted by most of the pvpers.

Just add a toggle button like WoW has >.< If i'm PvP enabled it means I want to PvP, if not I can happily grind without idiots PKing me ¬_¬
    That way all maps can be PvP enabled and you whiney PvPers get what you want. And hey, if noone is PvP enabled maybe that'll finally shut you all up about "everybody wanting to PvP".

first of all, people are done with cc after 3-4 days. anyone still lvling in cc can be considered a lowbie. no point in pking lowbies o.0

but about a pvp idea:
    how about custom hermit buff, where you can either take non pvp buff, or some stat/exp/drop buff? like you can either be lvling safe, or lvling fast. you can be either having good chances for drops, or grinding/boss hunting safe.

1 and 4 has to happen, the rest is just fancy BvW

Hmmm, talking about fancy WvB, I'd like to see a CTF (Capture the Flag) game in BP. Sure it would be interesting...

1st and 2nd are the best
    I hate fans and wannabeez

My suggestions:

1. Weekend PvP event

Enable PvP on LD and higher maps for the weekend, but increase the rates on those maps. So if players want to enjoy the increased rates, they have to count with the risk of being PKed.

2. Hefei Boss spawn event

Spawn different **** bosses in Hefei, while turning the map into PvP. Can also work on BP.

3. PvP tournament

Hefei duel tournament, with the current ****ed up AR, its better to hold the tournament by classes and not mixed. And different groups for the levels (EC1-12; FC1-12; CS1-CS12; etc) The winner can get some ****ty reward such as 30d deco or 7d premium, or some ingame crap like 20 KG, etc. No pills, parties allowed. Must provide 3 screenshot per duel (Beginning, mid, end). Plus reward that winners should be announced in a custom message for like a week every 3 or 5 hrs. In a same message that we get when war starts.

4. GM PK event

Need like 3-4 GMs to be online, go BP, call players. GM can use KGs, can attack back. Whoever kills all the GMs get some ****ty reward like I listed above.

5. Total elimination

Get all the players who want to participate on BP, they are allowed to use any pills or KGs or parties they want. But once they died, they can't leave the safe zone. Whoever is alive in the end, wins the event. Reward some **** and an announcement like above.

6. League vs League tournament

Every league (band) can join with a party of maximum 9 players. They can use any pills/KG/buffs. Nobody else allowed to join their fights. After registering, make a draw who gonna fight vs who. Then winner vs winner, etc etc. The league (band) who wins, will get a custom announcement, with any text the leaguemaster wants. Announcement going on for a week, every 3 or 5 hrs.

7. Remove antipk buff from the cave of the conqueror.

8. Permanently enable PvP in LD and higher maps, but add anti pk buff at hermit. Whoever kills an other player or hits a boss, gets a cooldown of 24 hrs spending in game.

Quote Originally Posted by SEEYOUPK View Post
    My suggestions:

1. Weekend PvP event

Enable PvP on LD and higher maps for the weekend, but increase the rates on those maps. So if players want to enjoy the increased rates, they have to count with the risk of being PKed.

2. Hefei Boss spawn event

Spawn different **** bosses in Hefei, while turning the map into PvP. Can also work on BP.

3. PvP tournament

Hefei duel tournament, with the current ****ed up AR, its better to hold the tournament by classes and not mixed. And different groups for the levels (EC1-12; FC1-12; CS1-CS12; etc) The winner can get some ****ty reward such as 30d deco or 7d premium, or some ingame crap like 20 KG, etc. No pills, parties allowed. Must provide 3 screenshot per duel (Beginning, mid, end). Plus reward that winners should be announced in a custom message for like a week every 3 or 5 hrs. In a same message that we get when war starts.

4. GM PK event

Need like 3-4 GMs to be online, go BP, call players. GM can use KGs, can attack back. Whoever kills all the GMs get some ****ty reward like I listed above.

5. Total elimination

Get all the players who want to participate on BP, they are allowed to use any pills or KGs or parties they want. But once they died, they can't leave the safe zone. Whoever is alive in the end, wins the event. Reward some **** and an announcement like above.

6. League vs League tournament

Every league (band) can join with a party of maximum 9 players. They can use any pills/KG/buffs. Nobody else allowed to join their fights. After registering, make a draw who gonna fight vs who. Then winner vs winner, etc etc. The league (band) who wins, will get a custom announcement, with any text the leaguemaster wants. Announcement going on for a week, every 3 or 5 hrs.

7. Remove antipk buff from the cave of the conqueror.

8. Permanently enable PvP in LD and higher maps, but add anti pk buff at hermit. Whoever kills an other player or hits a boss, gets a cooldown of 24 hrs spending in game.
    Agree with most of these idea but 2. Spawning bosses in HF make this server look like play9d or another private server.

Two problems with PvP:

1. High PK-ing low
    2. PvE-oriented players being grieved by Pk-ers with big ego (to compensate for small @#$@).

The solution to #1 is level restriction. JW did it for the daily quest in BP so it can be done.

A possible solution to #2 is a time-limit. If you kill someone, you can't attack them again for another 5 minutes. This would mean they are free to attack you without impunity but who going to stick around until they respawn and return to their location.....

As for CC anti-PK buff removal. CC is a failed concept. The exp rate is lower. The only real difference with cc and other maps is the BE drop rate. If you are going to remove CC anti-Pk buff them you have to make it into the map that it should be. HIGHER rates and better rewards. 1000 damage pills drop there as well as HP leech but the drop rate in those items are so low and candle and pumpkins still drop.

You can't remove the buff when the map still have pseudo "higher rates and rewards". replace the buff with PK buff: def and dodge.

The tournament idea was suggested elsewhere but it never worked out. The idea of cheating came up and it would require GMs to monitor the activities of participants. As it stands, GM don't really know much here. The only way that would work is for players to submit the names of the chars they intend to enter and GM copy those chars to temp accounts and players get the log in info on the day of the tournament.

PvP is not bad, it's the players that are. I like the idea of PvP-ing now and then but it should be on my own time, when I decide. The thing I hate the most is when idiots run around Pk-ing people especially on event days.
    Thank you.

Jedaii
    Senior Blue Dragon

The pursuit of words and any kind of learning is ambiguous.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast