Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Protect the GM Event Feedback

EchoSaviour is offline Divider of Zero, Multiplier of Infinity

Yeah, we need to reduce the crowding so that even we GM's can actually see whats going on the event.

Simple fact, Dens with events = NEVER AGAIN.

When we do this again, we'll probably tweak the location around and keep it into open maps. Also the general idea is that the GM will always be on the losing nation but we need to figure out how to properly use the GM's to balance.

Next time may be a month or two from now since we have other events in the cycle. We need to try out all these events at least once to see how feasible they are.

All variables have been taken into consideration. All actions that can happen, could happen, might happen, and are unlikely to happen have been accounted for.

Be longer at least 1 hours. since i wasn't on the events

but still need to be 1 hours at least then 30mins.
    Last edited by IIYuriII; January 27th, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Nah not really. Companies are notorious for getting the minimum they possibly can while still being able to function.

haha, I should hit "post" faster
    Last edited by BullsI; January 27th, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Actually, we'll be keeping these events short for now. If they're too long and we get major problems, then it'll just make things worse.

Once we can find a solid setup for these events then we'll push the times longer.

We got a cycle of 8 events, so there's still 7 experimental events before we can actually try out the modified events.

All variables have been taken into consideration. All actions that can happen, could happen, might happen, and are unlikely to happen have been accounted for.

now, DO TELL

racing event?
    Quote Originally Posted by [GM]EchoSaviour View Post
    Nice try, but you failed.
    Placeholder before JKRevanBR decides to ninja a maintenance notes thread

The AG racing is the easiest.

The flying gears, I have a few ideas to pull on this.

I just need to setup what kind of course. It all involves asteroids and hornian eggs as checkpoint markers

AG racing must be split into brackets

90+ and 90-
    Nice try, but you failed.
    Placeholder before JKRevanBR decides to ninja a maintenance notes thread

Anyways, keep throwing the feedback, there are more than just the GM's looking at these suggestions.

My only problems were the massive lag I had (but that's my problem) and all the ANI gears
    in the map (but that couldn't be helped). I agree that there are some things that can be done, and I can think of a few right now.

1) allow disabling explosion effects (I was right at a camped gate, and all I saw was a slideshow of explosions)
    2) allow disabling missile trails COMPLETELY(or at least redesign them)
    3) perhaps an option to disable view of friendly gears (replaced with a marker of sorts to let you know what's there), though let gears in your formation be seen
    4) I would suggest redesigning the maps so that they don't cause too much lag on their own, but that seems to be a tall order, and tricky at best.

But besides client-side issues, I think the event was pulled off flawlessly, and now the true balance of the servers have been found.

In other things, can someone please tell me how BCU prelude won? I thought for sure we lost; I didn't see how we won.

Now, the racing event.

I think that the gears should be split up, and everyone given the same engine, because of the engine cards and all that.
    But for the A-Gears, does ground acceleration give the same boost for all levels? (never played A-Gear, maybe I should...)
    If not, it may be a little difficult... maybe send the racers to a room where everyone has the same skills and SP?

I also feel the need to throw out the issue of lag; it will be difficult to see EXACTLY where a gear is. Maybe he/she started late because he/she got the "GO!!" late, maybe he/she got slowed down because of computer lag, etc., etc.

But I'm just throwing that out there. Thanks GMs for all the events you're doing!
    Last edited by AirBourne; January 27th, 2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: because I like spelling.

since you said it wasn't the servers dying from the amount of people and it came to graphic lag, that is what a lot of us experience in outposts even on newer computers. Guess it's time to bug the developers to fix performance before we get more slot armors?

-use the video card correctly: I can run much higher end and better looking games a hell of a lot smoother than ACE
    -allow multi-core processors the ability to not crash the game so we can use the full power of our PCs
    Last edited by KrisKros; January 27th, 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast