Thread: [Guide] Pet Squad

Default [Guide] Pet Squad

First of all, pet squad isn't broken! It has been updated to a 12 hour "buff" that was introduced in a later version of the JP LH, no one expected to get it so early in our version; therefore, everyone thought it was broken. Below is how to now activate Pet Squad and the new features that I have discovered while playing around with it.

To activate pet squad a player must have 6 dancing souls in their bag (previously it required 12 dancing souls). Dancing souls cost 45 dance points each, totaling 270 points for 6 dancing souls.

Step 1: Have 6 Dancing Souls in bag.

Step 2: Right-click the dancing souls. A message appears "Lost 6 [Dancing Souls]" - this is just deducting what is need to squad with 4 pets, they aren't really "lost" lol.

Step 3: Click the Pet Squad skill and use as normal.

Features of the new squad:

Can disconnect, relog, and switch channels anytime during the 12 hour period, just have to use the actual Pet Squad skill to summon the pets again when you log back in. Yay, people who disconnect a lot can now enjoy the wonders of squadding their pets!

Can un-summon and re-summon squad anytime during the 12 hour period. This saves the pet's hunger levels, no longer will donuts go to waste!

Can switch pets around and change pets whenever you want. Don't want a certain pet? Change it! Borrowed a friend's pet and they want it back? No worries, you can switch them out! Want them in a certain order, but initially got it wrong? Switch them around!

Can change formations. Ah! I forgot to set a formation (come on, you know you've done this)! Well, now you no longer have to run around with all your pets stacked on top of each other! You can test out the different styles of formations without losing dancing souls.

The 12 hours starts counting down as soon as the dancing souls are used, so if you don't use the pet squad skill, it still counts down. Also, the 12 hours counts down even if you are offline. Information about when squad was activated and when it'll expire is viewable under the "Char" tab at the bottom of the Item Mall.

This game will not come with a natural help guide but just maintenance and updates lol its really up to us players to figure it out >W< this is a very nice guide
    Last edited by Ixil006; August 8th, 2014 at 02:55 PM.

Indeed a nice guide, thank you for sharing with us Anna!
    This sholuld be shown in FB & in game.
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JoannaBanana View Post
    First of all, pet squad isn't broken! It has been updated to a 12 hour "buff" that was introduced in a later version of the JP LH, no one expected to get it so early in our version; therefore, everyone thought it was broken.
    Not exactly, there are people who haven't yet played JP or little experience wouldn't expect this to happen. Because of this misleading error message, they'd immediately assumed it that the system itself assumed you are Phantom, which I'm not. Example image below.

http://puu.sh/aKyfG/6bd668bdc0.jpg

So yeah, GMs if you are reading this, since this new kind of pet squad system came to light, I think it would be wise to correct the error message into "You do not have enough Dancing souls!", not "You're a Phantom, Harry."

"I'm-I'm a what..?"

Time to go pet squad crazy. \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Zackhario View Post
    Not exactly, there are people who haven't yet played JP or little experience wouldn't expect this to happen. Because of this misleading error message, they'd immediately assumed it that the system itself assumed you are Phantom, which I'm not. Example image below.

http://puu.sh/aKyfG/6bd668bdc0.jpg

So yeah, GMs if you are reading this, since this new kind of pet squad system came to light, I think it would be wise to correct the error message into "You do not have enough Dancing souls!", not "You're a Phantom, Harry."

"I'm-I'm a what..?"

Time to go pet squad crazy. \o/
    When I say it's not broken, I mean you can still use it, it's not completely unusable like we initially thought. It's a little buggy, yes, but not unusable.

The message "Unable to use this skill while transformed!" appears every single time you click the Pet Squad skill (as seen in the video) and a bunch of ???? appear above the chat box.

*stickied*