Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Years later, game is horrible and past its expiry.

Default Feedback: Years later, game is horrible and past its expiry.

So I did my first dungeon again on this game and it's safe to say this game may as well be binned, I can almost guarantee that this game will shut down again at some point because what's the point in it? it's about as action combat as Tera (due to no movement on attacking) except 10x more clunky in its controls and simply feels horrible, the combat feels very unsatisfying say in comparison to a game like DragonNest (even though I don't play it I'd rather that over this) and especially Vindictus (no I don't really play that either but it feels much better than this).

Then there's the pointless difficulty, I went into Normal instead of easy just so it woulden't be a cake walk and instead I ended up dying 3 times, 2 times was to some crazy giant mob that basically killed me in 2-3 hits from some spin as when it hit me on the floor I can't even hold my right click so that when I get up I will be guarding straight away which is just lolworthy for an action game, the other time was when I thought I was the one meleeing all the mobs until they slipped out of the corner of my attack and then walked in on me whilst I'm hitting the rest and then boom no health, so it's bad enough that even on normal the mobs have too much health (or I'm taking too little) but as a player at the very start of the darn game the mobs are basically too strong on what looks like to be on the second difficulty, this is something that can very easily put a player off along with just how old and outdated this game is anyway.

That's all I really have to say on the game, I most likely won't be touching this game again what with all the better action games out there but thought it would be good to leave my feedback and tell the devs what I dislike about it (everything) and who knows, perhaps they will make the game look better, play smoother fix the "difficulty" of the first damn dungeon on the second difficulty that is open to us at the start (no warning on party recommended either) and of course get rid of the fatigue system. (highly doubt it, but one can dream)
    Last edited by nytwolf; August 15th, 2014 at 06:13 PM.

As a veteran Tera player (rank 1 skyring slayer in Ascension Valley), the combat seems fine to me. It took me a while to adjust but after like 10min i got the hang of it. If you play Tera I'm sure you know what stagger/flinch is, every single attack in this game staggers, with some elite monster, minibosses and bosses being immune to stagger so if you can manage to keep attacking and chaining combos properly you shouldn't be dying. Also you're not suppose to use block in mid combat. After a couple of levels you should get a skill that basically does the same thing as right click + space bar except you can use this to cancel skills and animations and gives you iframe(invincibility). The trick to killing hammerhands is to run around him and wait for him to animation lock himself then use the time to hit him, rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Foomps; August 15th, 2014 at 06:58 PM.

Yeah, you kinda need to bait the attacks like in Dark Souls, and then go. The first dungeons *might* be a bit harder, until you get used to the combat. I've played everything you mentioned and yes, the game is old, but, it's not that bad.

Yeah you will definitely need to bait out attacks. Cido and I tried to brute force the endgame dungeons with op + 9 gm gear and we both still died a couple of times when we tried to just button mash.

You can't honestly say that given that Elsword Online, Grand Chase, and Ragnarok still exist along with the godsend Neople relaunching DFO. This game has potential. It won't deter those who are willing to except that this game has the potential for amazing pvp with channel chat not being restricted by cash shop hungry. Leave it for now if you're displeased and wait until OBT; if they can't fix everything at OBT or shortly after I consider that a blatant failure.
    My Characters:
    Mage - Evangeline

"You can't polish a turd, especially if said turd is a P2W MMORPG with bad PVP"
    - Evangeline

You already made it to 40, foomps?.. That was fast.

What made you experience this "clunky" feeling is because of Themida Oreans Virtualization system. This in theory prevent reverse engineering and runtime debugging of the client executable at the cost of losing game performance. ( to be honest this will not prevent reverse engineering it will just make the hacker spend more time dumping the image, fixing OEP and rebuilding IAT ).

A game that is properly designed dont need these kind of tools or gameguards because there is nothing to be exploited.

I hope they fix everything that is wrong with the server/client code and remove these useless tools that just makes you lag and ruin your gameplay experience.

This game is running on Gamebryo 2.3 engine wich has alot of potential, you have to wait and see the end result.

I think subagames is doing a great job so far.
    Last edited by KiFastSystemCall; August 18th, 2014 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFastSystemCall View Post
    What made you experience this "clunky" feeling is because of Themida Oreans Virtualization system. This in theory prevent reverse engineering and runtime debugging of the client executable at the cost of losing game performance. ( to be honest this will not prevent reverse engineering it will just make the hacker spend more time dumping the image, fixing OEP and rebuilding IAT ).

A game that is properly designed dont need these kind of tools or gameguards because there is nothing to be exploited.

I hope they fix everything that is wrong with the server/client code and remove these useless tools that just makes you lag and ruin your gameplay experience.

This game is running on Gamebryo 2.3 engine wich has alot of potential, you have to wait and see the end result.

I think subagames is doing a great job so far.
    Any thoughts on why CE hasn't been blocked yet? I realised I had it on my system yet xtrap didn't detect it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie76 View Post
    Any thoughts on why CE hasn't been blocked yet? I realised I had it on my system yet xtrap didn't detect it?
    So far the game only presents Themida has a protection, however the XPva03.dll is present on the folder but inactive.. Maybe they plan to add it on OBT.

Lets hope not because gameplay performance will be sacrificed even more.

i played a little of some games mentioned before, but the first one wich complains has a point, too much enemies in really tight places is a bit laggy more than difficult once you learn your combos.

suggestion1: reducing the quantity of enemies per screen and add them a bit more health like 10% just to annoy a bit more so they won't be killed in the first try forcing you to combo right and use an strategy. remember to re-balance the exp per mob, since there will be a lot less, should be more exp per mob.

suggestion2: lowering the damage of the hammer in low lvl dungeons (because it can kill you due to an inconvenient an 2-3 hits and you're dead will be frustrating since you can be hit and hit and hit and hit again when you're in the floor) should allow you to be pushed away like 7-8 times after you die, this should allow new players to know wich enemies DO dammage and wich not.
    -don't erase the damage of the hammer since in normal this should be 4-5 hits K.O. and so on, until in hell wich should allow 2 hits K.O. (imo[in my opinion])

suggestion3: there's a trouble with the IA self-keep-autorun in place-bug wich clearly should not be, don't know what does it causes, but i know the IA can be better with the order it already have, for example (if suggestion 1 is taken) use the guys in sewer with the big shields cover the little ones behind, so the player won't see it coming in the first try, this should allow the IA to cover them and once the player use a combo trying to break the shields they receive the attack of the little ones from the sides, and things like this may help the game to run better without so much mob.

my last suggestion: in lvl 15 defend the crystal dungeon, wave 5 is enough due to stamina weird full-not full trouble in wich i see my stamina gauge loading up while it's flickering and there's a stamina bar wich not flickers and it does keep wich is my actual Real Stamina bar.

imo should be like the combos use a lot of stamina and once it finishes you have to wait to recover less than 1 second to do another normal combo without skills on it, so you wont be able to chain and [chain and chain and chain and chain] combos over [combos over combos over] more combos but it do will allow you to recover enough between waves, so it wouldn't depend heavily in the stamina pots wich won't recover enough stamina, instead, it would allow you to forget about using stamina pots wich to me don't have sense (please note that this is my opinion).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast