Thread: In-game Channel Chat (and other game rules)

Default In-game Channel Chat (and other game rules)

Hello everyone! This is a post to clarify an ongoing issue with the Channel Chat.

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. DO YOU HAVE OBJECTIONS? READ IT AGAIN. IF YOU STILL HAVE AN ISSUE, PLEASE PM ME.

Channel chat is meant to be English-only. This is because not only is our main userbase mostly English speaking, the game is English, and so is our company.

We are located in Canada, and our GMs speak English. In order to ensure there is no funny business going on, we must be able to properly monitor the Channel Chat.

What we are NOT saying is that you are not allowed to speak other languages in-game, or that only English speaker may play the game. I think it's so cool that we get players from all over the world, and I don't want to be rid of that.

"My main language is not English, what do I do?"

If you are a non English speaker, we understand that you may want to find other players who share your language. Here is what you can do:

1. You may use Channel Chat to put out a call for such players, but please do not carry out conversations there. Keep it to one line, and please don't spam it.

NOT SPAMMING GOES FOR ANY PLAYER OF ANY LANGUAGE, INCLUDING ENGLISH.

2. Create a posting in the Guilds Section of the forum. This is encouraged for any players looking for guildmates.

3. Once you find a likely person, whisper them or invite them to a party to chat. This has the advantage of having no chat cooldowns!

Rules:
    If I see someone speaking non English in chat regularly (more than one or two times) I will ask them to please use English only in Channel Chat, or to move it to whisper/guild/party chat.

NOTE: This is NOT considered spam.

If they ignore me and continue to do so, I may give them a short chat ban to make sure the message gets across. I will take care of these case by case.

If ANYONE is spamming chat in ANY language, they will get a chatban right away. Please report such players with a screenshot to our ticket system.

Spamming means:

-Repeating any message excessively
    -Sending a high volume of messages with no worth (i.e. "iuyfgbgfbnofjdan" "fuyvsgbirjgb", etc)

These rules are flexible and open to the GMs discretion. They may change, they may not. This post will be updated with new amendments as they come.

Thank you.
    GM is Dog

People wont understand and consider those who aren't against this, racists. lol