Thread: Zone Chat Rules

Default Zone Chat Rules

[CENTER]Hello everyone! This is a post to clarify and set down some rules.

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. DO YOU HAVE OBJECTIONS? READ IT AGAIN. IF YOU STILL HAVE AN ISSUE, PLEASE PM ME.

Zone chat is meant to be English-only. This is because not only is our main userbase mostly English speaking, the game is in English, and so is our company.

We are located in Canada, and our GMs speak English. In order to ensure there is no funny business going on, we must be able to properly monitor the Zone Chat.

We are NOT saying that you are not allowed to speak other languages in-game, or that only English speakers may play the game. I think it's so cool that we get players from all over the world, and I don't want to be rid of that.

Let me try to stem the tide of questions and concerns:

"My main language is not English, what do I do?"

If you are a non English speaker, we understand that you may want to find other players who share your language. Here is what you can do:

1. You may use Zone Chat to put out a call for such players, but please do not carry out conversations there. Keep it to one line, and please don't spam it.

NOT SPAMMING GOES FOR ANY PLAYER OF ANY LANGUAGE, INCLUDING ENGLISH.

2. Create a posting in the Guilds Section of the forum specifying that you want to create or find a guild in your language. This is encouraged for any players looking for guildmates.

3. Once you find a likely person, whisper them or invite them to a team to carry out your conversation in whatever language you desire.

Rules:
    If we see someone speaking non English in zone or general chat regularly (more than one or two times) We will ask them to please use English only, or to move it to whisper/guild/team chat.

NOTE: This is NOT considered spam.

If they ignore the GM and continue to do so, we may give them a short chat ban to make sure the message gets across. These measures will be judged case by case.

If ANYONE is spamming chat in ANY language, they will get a chat ban right away. Please report such players with a screenshot to our ticket system*.

Spamming means:

-Repeating any message excessively
    -Sending a high volume of messages with no worth (i.e. "iuyfgbgfbnofjdan" "fuyvsgbirjgb", etc)
    -Advertising third party products or services

These rules are flexible and open to the GMs discretion and interpretation. They may change, they may not. This post will be updated with new amendments as they come.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Aurelle; October 21st, 2014 at 01:20 PM.
    GM is Dog