Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Please bring back Wizardry Online to life

If this game were to come back, I would quit all games I am currently playing for it, A large group of us have migrated to Archeage, and I am more than certain we would all abandon it to come back to Wizardry Online, I had over 5k hours invested in this game and had been playing since the first minute it released, if at all possible I would love the chance to play it again without going to the JP side!

I enjoyed Wizardry Online because I didn't feel like a forever messenger girl. I know A lot of people like questing but I just get bored of it so quickly. I liked how Wizardry Online seemed "compact" meaning that you were not required to travel 50 miles out to sea or across the world. Gamers generally had an idea of who you were and it just seemed so cozy all around.

The game itself was highly enjoyable. You really had to earn your levels as well as your gear and weapons (which was a pretty big deal). I liked the fact that you could dodge attacks/spells rather than get hit no matter what.

I am glad to see there are still people who want Wizardry Online back for the US players. If this helps there is a petition needing more signatures for Wizardry Online. I also have a translated letter ready to be sent into GamePot but I have not for the life of me figured out how to get it there. Petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/782/7...zardry-online/

Maybe something will happen this time.

Oh and there is an interesting article that might be of interest to some. EFF asks for the right to revive

Hmm maybe I should have thought out my nickname better, oh well! Anyways, this game pretty much ruined all other games for me (still haven't found a good replacement). Nothing has come close to drawing me in or grabbing my attention as much as Wizardry Online did. I spent pretty much every free moment on it and even started writing a journal of all the epic stuff that happened. Since then the events in that journal have become a full fledged book I am looking at publishing at https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1158563
    I tried to make it so that while a Wizardry player might recognize the similarities it was its own world in which lots of notable characters could live on in a story I could share (and avoid any copy write stuff hah).

As for the games failure, it was mainly due to a lack of any real attempts to get the word out and the horrible launch imo. SoE didn't even put a booth up for the game at its yearly convention; which makes me think they never really planned for it to go anywhere.

My standards of MMO's have increased drastically from having just decent game play to dungeons, loots, PvP, hardcore, and porkuls. However to my disappointment - only Wizardry can bypass that standard.

Thanks Wizardry Online, screwing all the other MMO's.

I still play with the community today from Wizardry, staying in contact and such. I found some really good friends from this game, and so it was devastating to see it go down. It wasn't a bad game, far from it. It was how SOE managed it. Crappy GM's, inconsistent patches, and forgetting about the game in general. Despite it lacking what it really should have been, the community stayed together with it and made a great game out of it.

Would be disappointing to see it fade off.

I would be happy if SubaGames could revive the beloved Wizardry Online which has a special place in our hearts.

I've been redirected from a Wizardry Online Survivors Comunity forum and was amazed seeing this topic!
    Please revive our beloved game

I wonder how many of the same person posted in this thread.......
    Acaros 70 Mech JamesTheFighter 72 Fighter MaskedPike 80 Pikeman QuickBow 70 Archer DeadlyAssassin 75 Assassin JamesTheKnight 62 Knight SwiftJavelin 67 Atalanta Janstina 71 Priestesss MageJames 70 Mage ShamanJames 92 Shaman ChaosCombatant 75 Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    Why same person? People were informed through facebook on wizardry fan page. I think that someone that never been on this site before, had to make somehow his account.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    It is a shame to hear that you say such a thing... I do not think there is anyone out here who has made second accounts to post. Now I wonder, why are you actually saying something like this in the first place?

Wizardry Online.Thousands of hours play time. It was the first mmorpg I really enjoyed for a longer time and if it becomes available again I will return unhesitatingly (like so many people). It's not just the fact that it offers a good difficulty already at story progress - not just endcontent - the permadeath feature, the class change system, pvp. Facing the challenges which make it impossible to manage on your own - after some easier "beginner" dungeons - you have to play in teams already quite early. And there's the core feature imo. The community becomes vital and substantial that way. Best proof for this is that it still exists even though we play other games now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDragoon View Post
    [...] It is an excellent homage to the classic Wizardry series and has some amazing features that are missing from MMO's and RPG's today such as writing notes down to solve a puzzle, permadeath, and an experience that has as little hand-holding as possible. [...]
    I agree thoroughly.

Like others wrote, the game just needs a real chance and especially advertisment.
    Last edited by SetiosWizOn; November 13th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.

Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast