Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Please bring back Wizardry Online to life

Thumbs up Please bring back Wizardry Online to life

Hello Subagames,

What is Wizardry Online?

Wizardry Online features five races (human, elf, porkul, dwarf (male-only), and gnome (female-only)) as well as four classes (fighter, priest, mage, and thief). Similar to previous Wizardry games, a new character will receive a random number of bonus points they can assign to attributes. Each class has a requirement for a number of points in a one or more attributes in order to select that class. Throughout the game, characters will be able to change their class.

Open world player versus player (PvP) is also a large part of the game. Players can attack any other player in town or in dungeons at any time and the same permadeath consequences also apply should a player fall victim to a PvP death. Player characters that have been slain (either by monsters or by other players) can be looted of their belongings by other players.

Wizardry Online uses microtransactions to support itself; players can access premium items through the Royal Shop where the currency for items is Station Cash. Mostly outfits and some consumable things.
    I want here to suggest a game that could be bringed to life after the terrible managment from SONY side.
    They did nothing to promote game or work together with their community.
    Game was really great, had climat and was perma death with GREAT and really tricky and hard story line that required teamwork.

On June 2012, Sony Online Entertainment announced that it would publish Wizardry Online outside of Japan.Closed beta testing began 29 October 2012. The game was released in the US and EU on 30 January 2013. On 24 January 2014, Sony Online Entertainment announced it will be shutting down the servers on 31 July 2014. On July 31, 2014, at 9:00 PM, the game officially shut down. The game website now redirects to Sony Online Entertainment.
    People were very sad about servers shutting down. They just decided to close server after anouncing ultra big patch, which was kinda silly.
    Just check some gameplays on youtube, most of players had good opinions about the game.
    People on their forum were trying help them with managment of game but they didn't even listened to any of them.

Trust me this game had pretty big player base, I still can't understand why they did this.
    Just look at the old forum that still exist at some point.

Here is some random video I found, you can look for more on youtube

Gameplay with party example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7gFpB9Li5g

There are really a lot of players that would love to have this game back, trust me you would not regret.

P.S
    Sorry for my bad english and grammar.
    Last edited by grenio14najg; November 11th, 2014 at 06:42 PM.

Made an account just to reply to this.

This game took hundreds of hours of my time and hundreds of my dollars despite it not being necessary, just to support and because some costumes were nice.

Please bring this game back! I'm sure many feel the same!

I absolutely LOVED Wizardry Online! I logged in over 100+ hours into it and was really sad to hear that it was being shutdown. Whomever I played it with loved the game and I even had a Let's Play of it with a couple of friends which was unfortunately discontinued due to doubts that we'd make a solid dent in the game.

It is an excellent homage to the classic Wizardry series and has some amazing features that are missing from MMO's and RPG's today such as writing notes down to solve a puzzle, permadeath, and an experience that has as little hand-holding as possible.

Unfortunately, I can't make any guarantees at this point but I have put a good word in. Hopefully we or some game publishers picks it up and gives it the chance that it never really got.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDragoon View Post
    I absolutely LOVED Wizardry Online! I logged in over 100+ hours into it and was really sad to hear that it was being shutdown. Whomever I played it with loved the game and I even had a Let's Play of it with a couple of friends which was unfortunately discontinued due to doubts that we'd make a solid dent in the game.

It is an excellent homage to the classic Wizardry series and has some amazing features that are missing from MMO's and RPG's today such as writing notes down to solve a puzzle, permadeath, and an experience that has as little hand-holding as possible.

Unfortunately, I can't make any guarantees at this point but I have put a good word in. Hopefully we or some game publishers picks it up and gives it the chance that it never really got.
    Great news!

I really hope that you guys and your team will manage at some point to bring this game back! I've got so many good memories with this game

Fingers crossed.

I had a great experience with it too as it was the best experience I had with MMO's in years!

This game holds a special place in my heart. I had my first co-op LP playing this game. Oh boy, permadeath! Scares the baby jeebus right out of you! I would play the crap out of Wizardry Online if it was brought back to life! Sometimes, I lie awake at night and watch it sleep. Is that weird? Anyway, bring it back, pretty please!!
    Last edited by Chompi30; November 12th, 2014 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chompi30 View Post
    This game holds a special place in my heart. I had my first co-op LP playing this game. Oh boy, permadeath! Scares the baby jeebus right out of you! I would play the crap out of Wizardry Online if it was brought back to life! Sometimes, I lie awake at night and watch it sleep. Is that weird? Anyway, bring it back, pretty please!!
    Hi Chompi, I agree that the permadeath is a great feature because there's nothing more thrilling than the chance of your character dying and never coming back.

I am quite fond of this game, and the community we have that still exists because of it. I logged nearly 3000 hours in the one year span this game was out. If this game lands in a companies lap that is not ashamed to host it, with some decent servers, and active mods it could get quite large again.e

I've put in so many hours into this game, wish I had a screenshot of exactly how long. The whole U.S and EU keep together. Bringing this game back with some advertising would be superb! Even while the game was being shut down it didn't stop any of us from advertising ourselves!! Hoping company would be brave enough to pick this up and put it to its full potential!

What i truly loved about this game was the community and the teamwork. It was essential to have friends. Most of the mmorpg's I've played, I mean I have tried a lot of mmorpg games and always winding up alone soloing. But this one got me hooked up on it. Everyday i had the need to log in because of new friends i got close with playing the game. It was truly the one time i thought'' Hey, I think I'm going to like it here.'' We even have a freakin forum created and a Facebook group where people joined to remember those times.

Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast