Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How we can improve Lucent Heart

Default How we can improve Lucent Heart

Hello All ~~

As you may notice, less and less people are playing this game. A few months ago, you would see a lot of people playing this game thus having a lot of stalls all over Anteacar.

But now.. you can count the number of people logging in and having stalls or selling items.

If this continues, this game will die like it did back in beanfun, and I'm sure we don't want that to happen again as we all worked hard to have it revived.

In my opinion, lack of people selling stuff and high cost of items being sold in game made people/players (old or new) quit.

I'm just wondering, is it possible to put up a gm store that can sell them? I can see advantages for both suba and the players.

1. It will be accessible for players to buy stuff.

2. Suba can control the inflation rate of the economy, thus making it easy for new players to buy things.

3. It can drain money from rich people because if no body is selling such items, they can buy the stuff at an npc price.

4. If the new player doesn't have money to buy from npc, he can either use his money to buy sp and maybe sell sp at a cheaper price.

What do yo guys think? If you have more suggestions, please feel free to comment.

those are all great ideas.... I think some items, like some battle pets (Heriophant or World) or some mounts (like WOF), should be incorporated into quests that require you to complete a task or defeat a boss to obtain. Also why not add some team exclusive quests? And when people become soulmates, why not have some soulmate exclusive quests? I know when ever the baby system comes to the game there will be married life quests but what about those soulmates
    that haven't taken the plunge? Adding more variety to quests would make this game more fun and add to its life.
    IGN: MageMaster87 (Priest lvl. 31) lvl 3 Card Crafter
    Edward_Cullen (Knight lvl 28) lvl 0 Blacksmith

I strongly disagree with this idea.
    Cash shop items should remain in the cash shop.

On another note, we are in the Christmas season. Many who work are grabbing more work hours or overtime hours (and/or additional jobs) to have more money for the holiday season, while students are stuck in midterm/final season. It's natural for people to be busy around this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Beryu View Post
    I strongly disagree with this idea.
    Cash shop items should remain in the cash shop.

On another note, we are in the Christmas season. Many who work are grabbing more work hours or overtime hours (and/or additional jobs) to have more money for the holiday season, while students are stuck in midterm/final season. It's natural for people to be busy around this time of year.
    I agree. Let's not forget that players that buy the cash items keep this game alive. If said items were to be available in a NPC store then who would buy them with cash?
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

Quote Originally Posted by BrunaLH View Post
    I agree. Let's not forget that players that buy the cash items keep this game alive. If said items were to be available in a NPC store then who would buy them with cash?
    Implementing this idea would basically force them to release new items that are extremely overpriced and overpowered into the cash shop. This would be the only way to give them something to sell while keeping paying players at the top of the ladder. However, that in itself is just not practical from a business standpoint.

-----
    Be glad this game actually lets players trade cash shop items. Games that don't allow this have a cash shop system that is so messed up, it is beyond the point of repair. I would hate to see LH adopt the same "let's annoy our players while desperately cramming our hands into their pockets" attitude. It would change the face of the game forever.
    Last edited by Beryu; November 14th, 2014 at 10:02 AM.

I think that catering to every player no matter their level or buying power benefits everyone in the long run.

I also do not think this is a seasonal trend. Games like DOTA would have similar issues if that were the case, but that is not the case...

Denial is the first step. Only 4 more steps to go before positive change can happen. Mike and JoAnne seem to already be on step 5.
    Last edited by Faedt; November 14th, 2014 at 09:49 PM.

I have indeed suggested a GM-hosted auction to act as a gold sink so that inflation can be lessened and newcomers won't be "forced" to purchase SP just so they can play the game properly. The pros and cons of such an event are still being discussed.
    If you need help regarding in-game features, please post on General Discussion.
    If you're having problems playing the game, please post on Help & Support.
    If you encountered a bug/broken feature, please post on Bug Reports.

If your problem requires GM assistance, please send a Support Ticket.
    Please read THIS GUIDE about the use of Support Tickets.

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to push down the current rate of SP unless there are large cooperation throughout the game and self-control. Unless Subagames take this matter to their own hands, there's little we can do.

To be a little more realistic here, even if we do fix this problem, and no many times we did fix this, there will always be a certain numbers of people who will spend a lot of money into the game and look for ways to get rich. Like a country with greedy bankers and poor consumers who will always feel robbed because of a hefty price.

However, the problem does not lies with the SP sellers but the source of golds that everyone been getting from in the first place. If you ask me, I think we get too much golds and that makes it easier for SP sellers to take advantage of. The more gold that everyone gets, the higher the prices, it is simple as that. Regardless whether you're putting GM store on or making gold purchasable avaliable on Item Mall, maybe it would be push down the rate but that would also means less SP sellers as well, and decreasing the likelihood of buying SP with real money which Subagames wouldn't like. (And possibly shutting down LH due to lack of SP buyers, the GMs doesn't work for free.)

So really, it's tricky business. The safest solution I can think of which "probably benefits" for everyone is, start decreasing the value of items. I can go and kill all the Scrop Queens, sell the items drop and get about 2 to 4m in total, so if I do that everyday in one month and earn 2mil per day, I'll get 62mil (According to Google calculator.) Perhaps you can increase the NPC's shops prices depending the map level of a city (Don't increase shops prices in Thereall and alike, otherwise it wouldn't be fair for newbies.) If we have this plan in motion, it wouldn't solve it but the so-called economy will be stabilise. However, slowing the money cycle will force the SP sellers to bring down the rates because the prices of the stores serve as little drain holes for golds (Slowly but surely.) So in time, the less gold people have, then less blah blah blah, you get the idea.

But without Subagames's help, the LH economy is screwed. I would like it if the GMs would drop in and share their thoughts on this.
    Last edited by Zackhario; November 14th, 2014 at 11:10 PM.

@Zack Thing is that said "everyone" is just a small part of the community. Not everyone has a sea of money.
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

Quote Originally Posted by BrunaLH View Post
    @Zack Thing is that said "everyone" is just a small part of the community. Not everyone has a sea of money.
    Let me rephrase the problem, I think there is some misunderstanding: To new and less experienced players, the game is becoming increasingly pay to win.

Those "few" with a "sea of money" give it to those with SP. That's the problem he proposed a solution for... he suggested 1) increasing the gold sinks to stop the increase in SP price and 2) increasing the gold sinks for the more experienced players to redistribute the wealth towards less experienced players.

The old version of this game ran into the same problem. The GMs started selling mounts as a gold sink, but that really did nothing. It probably pulled less than 1% of the active gold out of the system when it needed to pull more than 90% out from just the high end. Also, that method failed to consider that the proportion of wealth spent on it for the higher levels was insignificant in comparison to the lower levels. I could argue that it decreased the amount of money in the game at the cost of making the rich relatively richer, which in turn makes the game more pay to win for lower levels. Both ideas have to be addressed. Zack's idea address both. I think the problem is also on the source side though.

Whatever the case, only the GMs can do something. Unfortunately I bet they're not economists or actuaries, and even if they were, I doubt they have the time. They should make the time though.
    Last edited by Faedt; November 16th, 2014 at 05:10 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast