Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Request/Suggestion: New Interface

Default Request/Suggestion: New Interface

Now, I love DOMO just as the next person in here, but let's face it, last time it was available, interface was outdated, well, graphics in general were outdated, but that doesn't matter.

While we can't ask of them to change the graphics of the game, I think that an updated, better looking interface, with improved functionality isn't TOO MUCH to ask for.

In addition to this, I've mentioned it already on the facebook page, but I'm going to mention it here again. Before you release DOMO to the public, be 100% sure that it is going to run on Windows 7 (64 bit) and 8.

I can recall as if it was yesterday, because I was annoyed by it very much, the game would not start on windows 7 (64 bit).

In order to run it, we had to change settings on our PCs, run in a compatibility mode, and I even believe that we had to download a 3rd party software in order to make the game to run. I'm positive that I had to download something in order to make it to work on my windows 7.

Well, not really to run it, but I know there were issues. I believe there were black graphic anomalies all over the screen, everything was distorted and so on. It was just unplayable, until you tweaked your system specifically for DOMO.

Other players may remember this, because there was actually a guide on how to make it work, and I think it was stickied on the forum before, so most of people probably remember this issue.
    Last edited by Skyish; November 15th, 2014 at 06:38 AM.

And this:

- Dungeon finder
    - More big and visible text (i remember the text was so small and now that i have a HD monitor will be probably more small)
    - Support HD resolution
    Last edited by Mchan; November 15th, 2014 at 06:55 AM.

On PT (since 2003 under Yedang Ent.):
    Bloodberry - Priest 9x, Moonphase - Archer 7x (Galantia/Valento)

On DOMO (since 2007 under Gametribe):
    Miporin - Dancer

When I started playin I dont think Windows 7 was even out that I know of anyways. I always played on an XP but if what he is saying is true and windows 7 did not work well for DOMO I vote for a interface update as well so it can run smoother on windows 7 :3!

I don't know how I feel about dungeon finder.

If you look at World Of Warcraft for example, dungeon finder was one of the things that made the game more anti-social. You didn't have to talk to anyone, you just queue, you get teleported to the dungeon, finish it, and no one even says a word, you just all go your separate ways after it's done.

While pre-dungeon finder era was really awesome, and social, you had to talk to people, agree on terms of how the group will work, like, for rolls on gear and stuff, there were less ninjas in general back then, because you met those people while preparing to enter the dungeon.

So I'm not sure if I'd support the idea of dungeon finder, I'd rather we had some kind of group finder, and then we can decide if we want to go with that group, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyish View Post
    I don't know how I feel about dungeon finder.
    Trust me it was a pain to find people and for themepark is a very usefull tool.
    But at preference, it can be work locally too, for example at dungeon entrance there is a pop-up where you can ask for party so people around can join your party.
    Last edited by Mchan; November 15th, 2014 at 07:09 AM.

On PT (since 2003 under Yedang Ent.):
    Bloodberry - Priest 9x, Moonphase - Archer 7x (Galantia/Valento)

On DOMO (since 2007 under Gametribe):
    Miporin - Dancer

I'm happy with the way DOMO is.
    ~don't fix whats not broken~

Im ok with DOMO interface,
    Also with party find system, there isnt much to add about a dungeon find system

Everything worth the proffit is worth contemplating
    PM me for tax break

*Sigh* Here come the blind, backwards thinking fans.

The interface is very much broken, so they would actually be fixing something that is broken. The font is horrible, the icons are too large in the inventory, whole interface looks very bland, and if I remember correctly, there were some parts where text would drop out of the interface, and buttons in general were bad.

Raise the bar people, stop being satisfied with everything. If they don't release new content, and update the game, same thing will happen like before, the game will close after a year or two. it's not because it's bad, it's because people get bored, or get annoyed by something that is not fixed for too long, like that awful old interface, when I first played, it took me months to get over how horrible it was.
    Last edited by Skyish; November 15th, 2014 at 01:40 PM.

Well, its not the best interface ever.
    Sure some improvments could be done if we bugg sofstar about it
    Make a visual skech up on how it can be improved would be a good start

They are not much the kind to listen tho
    Last edited by Tricy; November 15th, 2014 at 01:52 PM.

Everything worth the proffit is worth contemplating
    PM me for tax break

By dungeon finder do you mean just the plain dungeon maps or raids?

...Actually, does no one remember the flag system anymore? Or is that outdated too?

I do agree that at the very least it should continue to be compatible with Windows 7 and especially Windows 8. I also remember parts of the ground turning white upon viewing a screenshot you took, that often got annoying at times. There was also a glitch related to flying (if you landed you couldn't attack and you'd still be at flying speed for a few more seconds).

It would be ignorant to say that DoMO doesn't need any improvements. Every game can be improved in a way without having to redo the whole game entirely. As much as the nostalgia wants me to say otherwise, I've grown older and I have seen more of what can make or break an MMO.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast