Thread: Community Initiated Bans 2.0

Default Community Initiated Bans 2.0

Community Initiated Bans [CIB]

In order to cut down on scammers, KSers and general bad behavior I'll be initiating a way for the community to come together and decide if a person should receive a temporary ban for bad conduct or misbehavior. This will be done purely on the forums under community discussion, though I still recommend sending in a ticket if a player is breaking any rules. For the time being this will be a trial run for the system. In case things get out of hand, or there are unforeseen consequences it may shut it down. But lets give it a try and hopefully it will work.

As most of you are aware it is really difficult to report KSing or scamming and have something done about it. This is typically the case due to the large amount of evidence that is required (KSing), or the ability for players to exploit certain rules for their own benefit (scamming). With this new way of approaching the problem we hope to cut down on repeat offenders and provide a safer and more productive game space.

First off lets get a few rules out there to make sure this wont be exploited in order to get innocent people banned.
    1. There must be near universal consensus from the community that the player in question should be banned.
    2. No permanent bans will be given out using this method. Typically 3 - 7 days bans for first time offences, then month long for continued offences.
    3. Multiple players must provide separate unique evidences in order to get an offender banned. No single player can use this method to get another player banned.
    4. Solid evidence must be provided. A players word alone is not good enough to help get a conviction.
    5. Posting a CIB with false information or altered images/video is a bannable offence.
    6. Ultimately any ban is still the GMs call to make.

Next let's get a format down on how to start or contribute to a CIB.
    To start a CIB make a thread under the Priston Tale community discussion with the offending players name followed by "CIB". In the thread, post all of the gathered evidence and a brief description of what happened and a poll. Do not start a CIB without evidence, and please be aware that personal anecdotes are not evidence. Typically you will be required to provide unaltered/non-cropped pictures or video. Once the post has been made do not "bump" it unless you have more evidence to contribute. If you would like to contribute to a CIB just post your evidence in the thread with any other information you have regarding the case.

Please do not open multiple CIBs for one person, it will just make things more difficult. Also do not post joke or fake CIBs. Disregarding the rules or methods of a CIB can result in a forum ban.

How To Make a Proper CIB Thread.
    1. Create a new thread titled: *PLAYER'S NAME* [CIB]
    2. Create a poll with the options: 1. Take action 2. Do not take action.

3. Write a short description of what happened and provide all evidence in your main post.

Use this thread to let us know how you feel about CIBs or give us feedback on how to improve the system. We want to make this a fun, fair and safe environment to play in and hopefully this will help us maintain that standard.

Quote Originally Posted by foomps View Post
    Unfortunately right now we can't ban people for being assholes. Gonna update the CIB thread.
    Uh. Just wanted to point out two things:

1) What separates being an @sshole from some bannable-behaviors? For example, the recent banning of a boss looter. Could be considered being an @sshole by purposely looting someone. In my opinion intentionally wasting exp and cash items is more unacceptable then a looter looting stuff.

2) If it's a poll, then people with multiple suba-accounts can easily rig the vote.
    Last edited by 0megaspearBob64; December 16th, 2014 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0megaspearBob64 View Post
    Uh. Just wanted to point out two things:

1) What separates being an @sshole from some bannable-behaviors? For example, the recent banning of a boss looter. Could be considered being an @sshole by purposely looting someone. In my opinion intentionally wasting exp and cash items is more unacceptable then a looter looting stuff.

2) If it's a poll, then people with multiple suba-accounts can easily rig the vote.
    GMs can see who votes in polls and their account details, if we see people abusing polls then we will perm ban them from the forums.

Hey, really nice idea!

I'd just like to know if it's also possible to adress behavior in general and not only specific players.

For example you can take a look at my thread I started some weeks ago adressing a problem many people agreed and some disagreed : https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=73510 .

Thanks

Pro levelers-invisible botter. Maybe the same guy I screen-shotted in DS 5 days before (PikadeMel) invisible botter.
    I got his name in screen shots after he started cursing me and my family.

2015-2-18-18-49-43.jpg
    2015-2-18-18-49-37.jpg
    2015-2-18-18-49-33.jpg
    2015-2-18-18-49-26.jpg
    2015-2-18-18-48-16.jpg
    Last edited by sohjk; February 19th, 2015 at 02:15 PM.

I know this isn't relevant to CIB but has anyone seen TheKingOfMages in suspicious activity?
    He seems to have used a hack but I don't have the evidence yet to submit a ticket.
    Rest assured though that I will continue to look for him in-game to video him.

I cant send photo

I don't know how send photo

MGtraining mage ks when I kill valento and he lure many ppl