Thread: How to take a screenshot?

Default How to take a screenshot?

Sorry for the newbie question. I tried print screen and all I got was a black screen. Is there a more reliable way to get a screen shot? Or was I just unlucky?

Main reason for asking is... There is some griefer I'm having issues with, after 7 times entering SoD's I'm in and using Miro's, droping N bombs. I need proof to report.

Thx bunches!

You can take screenshots if you are in window mode. There might be other ways to take screenshots that I am not aware of, however.

if ur in a full mode, u get that black screen using printscreen..u shud be in window mode..however, u can take ss using ctrl+alt +home even if ur full or window i think..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ctrl+End works fine for me
    In full mode.
    Ancient God has AWAKEN once more to roam the Priston Land!
    OG Player from the beginning starting fresh!
    VashBOG Pikeman 11x
    OHxR3birth

The normal screen shot shortcuts are Ctrl + Home or Ctrl + End.
    The images are stored inside your Pristontale install folder in a folder called Capture
    Default;
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Subagames\Pristontale\Capture
    or
    C:\Program Files\Subagames\Pristontale\Capture

If that does not work for you (they don't for me, images just appear black).
    You have a few options in 3rd party programs to take in game screen shots.

FRAPS:
    Personally I like to use FRAPS.
    This tool can easily take screen shots and videos in game with the press of a single button.
    It also takes MUCH better quality JPEG pictures than PT does.

You can grab a free full version copy of FRAPS here: http://members.iinet.net.au/~samscal...uild.15618.exe

Greenshot:
    I also use Greenshot when playing window mode, but not only for PT, for all my screen shot needs.
    It is a very powerful little screenshot tool.

You can download the free open source tool Greenshot from here: Download Greenshot from SourceForge.net
    Last edited by SunnyZ; December 22nd, 2014 at 03:40 AM.

^
    Bandicam
    :-"
    Ancient God has AWAKEN once more to roam the Priston Land!
    OG Player from the beginning starting fresh!
    VashBOG Pikeman 11x
    OHxR3birth

Thx for the list of ingame shortcuts and TPP's to try if needed!

I have dual monitors and I want to be able to screenshot the active window and have it auto-saved into a certain folder Is there a hotkey or command for this? I'm not against installing new programs for it and I need it to work in-game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nani321 View Post
    I have dual monitors and I want to be able to screenshot the active window and have it auto-saved into a certain folder Is there a hotkey or command for this? I'm not against installing new programs for it and I need it to work in-game as well.
    Pressing the Print Screen key will capture the whole screen. Use Ctrl and Print Screen to capture a section of the screen. Use Ctrl + Shift + Print Screen to save a video of your screen quickly. If this doesn't help you can use this https://techloris.com/take-a-screenshot-in-windows-10/ guide to find the best way to take a screenshot which is suitable for you.