Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo's State of the Game Feb Edition including some 3-3 stuff.

EchoSaviour is offline Divider of Zero, Multiplier of Infinity

Default Echo's State of the Game Feb Edition including some 3-3 stuff.

I think it was last December I gave a status update post. Anyways, there should be a Valentines patch coming soon so don't worry on that end. Next few patches should be the preparation and run-up to Ep3-3. Estimation is that we're a month or 2 behind Korea on this. Since I got a deeper contact with Masang just within the past week, I'm pretty much trying to see how far I can go with this.

I do know support has been a bit slow as of late. We've been pretty backlogged on a number of issues, and considering that the GM Team has been stretched pretty thin on some issues, support is having it difficult as well since the GM Team is quite busy. So I do apologize for the delays and we think things should pick up once things begin to ease up. Lots of initiatives going on that require the GM's.

2010 should have some major changes coming to the game. Ep3-2 didn't bring as much change as ep3-3 will bring. Almost a large patch almost every month. With the initiatives and setups I had in place since becoming the lead GM for ACE, the transition into Ep3-3 will be pretty seamless as numerous initiatives I've done (Like easier leveling) will become standardized throughout most of the versions so I may end up pulling back some elements to accommodate (Like I said, everything I do is in consideration of future content).

I would say Ep3-3 is a ZOMG patch spread out over the year. It's quite extensive of a patch with some things that i found surprising. Sadly the one feature that I really want them to throw out won't be arriving until about a year from now. But we'll just prepare things accordingly to make the additions seamless.

Any other questions feel free to post.

All variables have been taken into consideration. All actions that can happen, could happen, might happen, and are unlikely to happen have been accounted for.

is there any concrete set in stone things 3.3 will bring that you can share with us at this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuak View Post
    legendary Kyokun17
    Quote Originally Posted by ALearnedHistorian View Post
    I'm imagining those three bullet holes came from when you saw iFlyFast on the screen only to realize you couldn't kill him with ABM while invis. Thus, you attempted to shoot him down
    a legend among failures :V

HAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA PATCHS.

i think i'm playing the wrong game, the game i remeber has no patchs, no cusotmer support, and no trimus.

on a more serious note, good stuff echo. they all called me crazy when i said AR would fail hard.

Quote Originally Posted by iFlyFast View Post
    is there any concrete set in stone things 3.3 will bring that you can share with us at this time?
    I don't want to spill any beans on any info yet. There's a proper time and place to do so.

Maybe if korea gets the patch out to their main servers then I can disclose some info.

All variables have been taken into consideration. All actions that can happen, could happen, might happen, and are unlikely to happen have been accounted for.

More dependence on cash shop, this is what I predict in the future.

Question

when will someone work on the nation balance of prelude server?

What does that have to do with this thread?

The Epic Armors are coming, the Epic Armors are coming. Repent now! They will only bestow their grace upon those untainted by KSing and Decking. The end-game is nigh!
    <.<

Anyhow; I really hope something about max def/eva or at least a diminishing returns for both is going to be implimented some year or the gap between casual & non-CS players versus "cred-junkies" will kill the balance and maybe the influx of players.

Honstely I see little reason to pay multiple times more per month on a game than sub-based games when tons less content is available. Maybe 3.3 is an attempt to make it seem more reasonable by flooding content? ;]

I still like the game, just getting edgy with all the changes that have happened to AO (since and including ZOMG) as it appears to have larger swings of imbalance and/or indifference on long term issues like massively outdated and frankensteined game engine.

WALL O TEXT OVER; Question time:
    If this is all about end-game, why dont they just make the midgame shorter and remove a lot of the older "end-game" content that isn't much more than nostalgia trophies? Also; if things are going to be changing so radically, wouldnt that be even more precedence for new engine or game?
    Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWests View Post
    Imma let you finish but none of the bees are actually in space in this game
    ~BCU/Pre~ Dyyre || Tynaiden ~ Magenta for Men! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by Tynaiden00 View Post
    If this is all about end-game, why dont they just make the midgame shorter...
    Actually, they intend to make it so that you can pretty much get to 7x faster than what I already have setup. Of course there's a whole lot more to the picture than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by [GM]EchoSaviour View Post
    Actually, they intend to make it so that you can pretty much get to 7x faster than what I already have setup.
    that only means they're going to make 92 the new 86 silly.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast