Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: domo classes and races

Default domo classes and races

will there be advantages to using certain classes with certain races? i see the website has recommendations for each race? how will that pan out? will there be certain skills? or will it be like an attribute scaling type thing? (shura cant build mana as easy as physical attack) also, how would that work with subbing classes like doc on solo dancer? just wondering, and sorry if this isnt the right place to ppost this, idk where else to do it
    ~shazaki

I, too, wonder about that. Honestly, I kinda want something more than just aesthetics.

DoMO used to have special stat attributes assigned to each race, aside the barely noticeable movement/flight speed where Sprites<Humans/Sylphs<Shuras. And it was before it even left China's shores, I believe. It would certainly make the game more interesting or a new experience to me if it's not the exact same English-DoMO. Unfortunately, I'm taking whatever on SG's DoMO website with more than just a grain of salt. It is poorly done as some of the information is completely off point and leaves a lot to be desired.

Of the four available categories under DoMO, I think this thread is fine where it is.
    Last edited by MistralFarer; February 2nd, 2015 at 08:45 PM.

I don't think the differences are so drastic that it puts certain races at a clear disadvantage in comparison to other races. I've played on both Shura and Sylph as Shammy and I could say if there was a difference, I didn't notice it.
    IGN: Mae

I heard some races fly slightly faster or something, but not enough to care much about.

I might've said something about the types for each races..... then I got to the Sprite's "Type: Childlike" and kinda scratched my head.
    Last edited by Divini; February 2nd, 2015 at 10:24 PM.

Sprites have +1 move speed, while shuras have -1 move speed.

Each race also has a unique necklace.

You can change classes as you play too. You're not set into a class once you change to it.

Races are pretty aesthetic There's just the movement speeds that differ.
    Summerstream
    Onyx [Aeria] | DOMO [Suba CBT]
    Former Elder of <The Joy Bunch>
    https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=75967 For those who are a little bit lost in the Mirror World

Honestly the differences between races (be it stats or run speed) are so minuscule that it really isn't noticeable unless you are looking for it. If Sylphs don't "run" slower than anyone else, then it's just a trick of the eye because they aren't technically "running". Just because the lore says that Sylphs are supposed to be better at magic than other races, doesn't mean that being a Sylph will give you a noticeable edge if you're playing a Wizard versus say a Shura. Just be whatever race you think looks the best because that's really all that the races bring to the table. Unfortunately there is no permanent way to change your race, so make sure you pick the one you wanna stick with (though there are transformation boxes, but the transformation isn't permanent - even with a permanent duration box you still have to turn the transformation off to change jobs and your avatar that people see will still be of your original race).

This game isn't as bad as FFXI in terms of how much the race really does matter when picking your class (or vice versa). The differences noted on the site are more for lore purposes than anything else. Though if you are worried about it, I recommend going Human since they are the neutral race.

Shuras run unbearably slowly. Don't play Shura, it's a pretty gimped race.

Prestige
    View our Suba Forum: http://*******/1vBS0kP

Quote Originally Posted by Carecrow View Post
    Shuras run unbearably slowly. Don't play Shura, it's a pretty gimped race.
    I always played a Shura and never noticed myself running any slower than anyone...Then again I played female and not male and I notice the male's running animation is slower, but I just assume it's cuz they're huge dudes with long legs and don't need to take as many steps to get just as far...

i see what everyone is saying, if you cant tell by my avatar and sig i do have a fair amount of experience in domo, i just wasnt sure since its been a few years since ive last played(aeria losing domo) and wasnt sure if they made those kind of changes to TW domo, but thanks for all the help guys, pretty sure im going sprite again lol, sprites are the best
    ~shazaki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast