Thread: need a second(or few) opinions

Default need a second(or few) opinions

art test.jpg

need some opinions and advice I'm terrible making art but I'm better at manipulating it
    so what you guys think? and I know it's not domo related =P

I don't quite understand that it is you're asking, tbh ö.ö

i think he wants pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaoisama View Post
    I don't quite understand that it is you're asking, tbh ö.ö
    hm lemme try this
    I suck at drawing so I'm asking how well did I manage to blend the 2 images together
    think that'll clear it up

It's a good start, but there are a few issues with this piece.
    There's a clear line of division where one image ends and the other begins. The image on the left is clearly darker & you can see the dark background contrast against the light one of the image on the right. I might recommend using a clipping layer with a black/white gradient to make one side transparent.

Also, the top right corner has a bit of strange blending, where its purely white in the corner, then behind the character you can see a smudged line where the blending of the background begins. I would do something about that as well, since it draws the eyes away in a strange way.

Hope that helps. c:

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life." ~ J.D. Salinger

Quote Originally Posted by Succubusty View Post
    It's a good start, but there are a few issues with this piece.
    There's a clear line of division where one image ends and the other begins. The image on the left is clearly darker & you can see the dark background contrast against the light one of the image on the right. I might recommend using a clipping layer with a black/white gradient to make one side transparent.

Also, the top right corner has a bit of strange blending, where its purely white in the corner, then behind the character you can see a smudged line where the blending of the background begins. I would do something about that as well, since it draws the eyes away in a strange way.

Hope that helps. c:
    That is it, try a dark background with some smooth transparence in the main layer where the lines blend

DOMOguide: http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/forum/index.php

thanks for the tips and such I was using the eye drop tool to pull the color from the dark image for the gradient guess the color didnt register well

I'm a huge fan of Warframe. ♥ I think you did okay but the black square on the left side does pull away a little bit from the work in terms of unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekori View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Warframe. ♥ I think you did okay but the black square on the left side does pull away a little bit from the work in terms of unity.
    another fellow tenno awesome! but yea I'm probably gonna make another with what advice been given here so far

and maybe later on we could duo up in warframe and go ninja something? heh
    Last edited by MuinXhan1; February 11th, 2015 at 06:32 PM.