Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Solutions to known issues

Omg Thank you so much! the font was bothering me and I couldn't really see other players names! changes are done, now I just need to check when I can get back on

Quote Originally Posted by Veredii View Post
    I've been experiencing the same thing at GPolky with getting credit for monsters I didn't even hit.

Also, sometimes after talking to an NPC I'll lose the ability to move. I use the WASD keys for movement but pressing them doesn't do anything so I have to turn them off and then on again to get it to work again.
    Press enter twice to open and close the chat box and you will be able to use WASD again.

My WASD settings aren't saved and it is reset back to mouse movement every time I restart the client!
    You can use a command, too, to quickly change your ASWD setting.

Do "/aswd 1" in chat.

My skills on my hotkey bars aren't saving, and they are empty or missing skills upon restarting the client.
    Every time you make a change to your hotkey bars (by putting new skills on it, rearranging it, etc) type the command
    "/saveui" in chat. The game will temporarily freeze for a few seconds while it saves the UI state and resumes after. Your UI settings including position of windows (with the exception of the quest tracker) and all of your hotkey bars will be saved.

Also, I'd like to state that resolution changes in ExecParam.ini are not reset by using the patcher.
    Last edited by Syrge; February 16th, 2015 at 12:23 PM.

Hope to see you all again when DoMO returns :]

Thanks for the additions Zeff c: I'll get them added.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life." ~ J.D. Salinger

Quote Originally Posted by Gambachi View Post
    But every time the game is updated we will have to do it over right? Until if/when they fix it them selves I mean.
    You can just save the changed .ini in some other folder I guess and overwrite it after patching.
    Unless they change smth in those files it should work o.o
    Old DoMo Name: Shyra
    Server: Pupu (GT)
    Old Guild: FinalFantasy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DoMo Name: idk yet ^^
    Guild: -

Stickied for great justice and science.
    If you need anything editing again lemme know~

Quote Originally Posted by KiPi0815 View Post
    You can just save the changed .ini in some other folder I guess and overwrite it after patching.
    Unless they change smth in those files it should work o.o
    Good thinking Batwomen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsimancer View Post
    Stickied for great justice and science.
    If you need anything editing again lemme know~
    Thanks for the sticky~ I'm sure you'll be getting alot of editing pms from me, so I apologize in advance xD

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life." ~ J.D. Salinger

My solution to the INI editing dilemma:
    I made a copy of the ini file with my adjustments in it. I then have a text editor (Notepad++) which will leave opened files in tabs even when closed. After running the patcher, I can open up Notepad++ and quickly compare the updated original next to my modified copy. Simply copy/paste what needs to be, save and use the domo.exe file to start the game.

Easy to do and never miss a patch.

Sorry to sound kind of dumb here, but why can't I find the Login.ini file in my Main Folder

Huh...I wonder if that skintone thing had anything to do with certain people turning blue during the Aeria period.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast