Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Solutions to known issues

Quote Originally Posted by Clefairii View Post
    Sorry to sound kind of dumb here, but why can't I find the Login.ini file in my Main Folder
    Login.ini is in the Config folder under the Main folder.

Great thread Lucina, and thanks to everyone for providing solutions to these annoying problems!

Remember, when in doubt, annihilate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Succubusty View Post
    Unfortunately, yes, until the staff at Suba decides to implement these changes themselves.
    I attempted to set the files to Read only, but the launcher bypasses that as well.
    Even if you remove the ability for the patcher to overwrite ExecParam.ini (by denying "Users" the permission to write to it), the patcher won't let you launch, stating that ExecParam.ini could not be overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxycore View Post
    Even if you remove the ability for the patcher to overwrite ExecParam.ini (by denying "Users" the permission to write to it), the patcher won't let you launch, stating that ExecParam.ini could not be overwritten.
    When I attempted it by simply checking the Read only option, the launcher prii much just ignored it and overwrote the file anyways, without any form of error or notification.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life." ~ J.D. Salinger

When I attempted it by simply checking the Read only option, the launcher prii much just ignored it and overwrote the file anyways, without any form of error or notification.
    You change write permission by going into the security tab of properties, clicking on Edit, then Authenticated Users.

Check the "Deny" column that is on the same line as Write.

The only useful thing this does though, is to prevent the patcher from overwriting your ExecParam.ini file if you meant to open up DOMO from DOMO.exe instead.
    Last edited by Oxycore; February 16th, 2015 at 09:32 PM.

You can use a command to quickly change your ASWD setting. Type "/aswd 1" in chat.
    Another quality-of-life thing to assist with those repetitive temp fixes.

While in-game drag and drop some random message from chat into your hot-keys, remember which hot-key and which hot-key bar you drag it to.
    To ensure it saves that hot-key do /saveui

Navigate to \Suba Games\DOMO_US\UserData\DOMO\[UsernameHere] and open the UIConfig.ini file (back it up first).

Scroll down a short way to find a list of all your macros, when you find the one you just made, change the line:
    Macrox-x=the stuff you just drag-and-dropped here
    to:
    Macrox-x=/aswd 1
    for convenience change the line
    Titlex-x=stuff here
    To something more memorable (this is what the skill icon is labelled)

Save and close, launch DoMO

This will allow you to use the "/aswd 1" command via a hot-key rather than having to type it every time, the /saveui command can be added in the same way.

This ALSO allows you to add custom messages to your hot-keys without including a name at the beginning.

This can also allow GMs (yes ONLY GMs) to enter colours into chat by adding "~[Cxxx]" into a macro where xxx is a SINGLE hexadecimal digit (0-9, A-F) and represents red/green/blue. if an ordinary player tries this it displays default colour for the chat channel used.
    There's also a way of combining a /command with a message on the same hot-key but I can't remember how I used to do that....
    i.e. on Aeria I had a hot-key that equipped my fencer saber and also put "switching to fencer subs" in team chat.

If you want to delete the hot-key just drag-and-drop it off your skill bar like any other.

I'm lazy and I don't wanna type in my username and/or password each time!
    Navigate to DOMO/Main and open up Login.ini. You can add your username and password into the ACCOUNT= and PASSWORD= lines. Every time you launch the client, your username and password fields will already be filled with your information, so you can just press the Start button and start playing right away.
    This doesn't work for me. Do you need spaces or something? I know a little bit about coding too.
    Last edited by TheRAGER; February 16th, 2015 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRAGERoa51rB3 View Post
    This doesn't work for me. Do you need spaces or something? I know a little bit about coding too.
    Nope.

This is what my Login.ini looks like:

Code:
    [LOGIN]
    URL=http://patch.subagames.com/domo/test
    FILE=serverlist.txt
    AUTO=0
    ACCOUNT=imalittleteapot
    PASSWORD=shortandsprite
    IP=
    PORT=

BGM=0
    STAGE=P01_MAP_001
    CAMPOSX=520
    CAMPOSY=20
    CAMPOSZ=540
    CAMLOOKX=520
    CAMLOOKY=20
    CAMLOOKZ=520
    CAMERAMODE=1
    WEATHEREFFECT=1
    Remember to open your DOMO game from DOMO.exe instead of using the patcher. Otherwise, either the patcher overwrites your edited file, or you're denied access to the game.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but what about a fix to the stairs/steps problem? I skimmed through but didn't see it and was wondering if there was a fix or workaround of some sort? I vaguely remember there was a way to get past the glitchy steps by clicking something far away which lets you move through.. Been so long though so I can't remember the exact details. Normally wouldn't be a problem except the stairs by cask platform which killed me a few times..

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast