Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Solutions to known issues

Lightbulb Solutions to known issues

There are about a million bug/issue report threads on here, but I see no single condensed solutions thread. So here it is. I'm going to compile all the solutions to common problems that I can find on this first post. If you know of any solutions that aren't on the first post, please post them below and I'll have a mod add it in. Hopefully we can get this stickied and reduce the number of "pls help can't domo" threads out there.

In order for most of these fixes to work, you must bypass the launcher or it will overwrite the configuration files. To do this, navigate to your DOMO/Main folder and create a shortcut to DOMO.exe. Place the shortcut on your desktop or wherever it is easily accessible and run the game using that.

The game's font is too small/hard to read!
    Navigate to DOMO/Main/Config. Open up ExecParam.ini and search for Font12, Font16, and Font18. Change the gibberish after the "=" to MingLiu for all three. This was the default font for Aeria's DOMO. You may also choose a different fixed width font. I personally enjoy DotumChe.
    *Note: If you change it to a font that is not fixed width, you will get cursor placement issues when you type in game.

I want to choose a resolution that isn't in the options!
    Navigate to DOMO/Main/Config. Open up ExecParam.ini and search for HORZRES and VERTRES. Change these to your horizontal and vertical resolutions, respectively.
    *Note: These changes are not reset by using the patcher.

The skin tones look strange (too pale or too dark)!
    Download this file. Drop it in DOMO/Main/Config and replace the old file. I recommend backing up the old color.ini before you do this, just in case. Do this by renaming the old color.ini to something else, like color-backup.

My client freezes a few seconds into the login screen!
    Navigate to DOMO/Main. Right click DOMO.exe. Click on the Compatibility tab. Check the Run as Administrator box and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3. Your game should now run without freezing on the login screen.

I'm lazy and I don't wanna type in my username and/or password each time!
    Navigate to DOMO/Main and open up Login.ini. You can add your username and password into the ACCOUNT= and PASSWORD= lines. Every time you launch the client, your username and password fields will already be filled with your information, so you can just press the Start button and start playing right away.

Sometimes after talking to an NPC I'll lose the ability to move. I use the WASD keys for movement but pressing them doesn't do anything!
    Press enter twice to open and close the chat box and you will be able to use WASD again.

My WASD settings aren't saved and it is reset back to mouse movement every time I restart the client!
    You can use a command to quickly change your ASWD setting. Type "/aswd 1" in chat.

My skills on my hotkey bars aren't saving, and they are empty or missing skills upon restarting the client.
    Every time you make a change to your hotkey bars (by putting new skills on it, rearranging it, etc) type the command "/saveui" in chat. The game will temporarily freeze for a few seconds while it saves the UI state and resumes after. Your UI settings including position of windows (with the exception of the quest tracker) and all of your hotkey bars will be saved.

I hate having to switch between aswd mode all the time. Is there a way to hotkey a command?"
    While in-game drag and drop a random message from chat into your hotkeys, remember which hotkey and which hotkey bar you drag it to. To ensure it saves that hotkey, do /saveui before exiting the game.

Navigate to DOMO\UserData\DOMO\[UsernameHere] and open up UIConfig.ini (back it up first).

Scroll down to find a list of all your macros, when you find the one you just made, change the line:
    Macro#-#=wordsyoudragdropped
    to:
    Macro#-#=/aswd 1

Also change the label on the hotkey by changing the following line below it:
    Title#-#=ASWD

This will allow you to use the "/aswd 1" command via a hotkey, rather than having to type it every time.

If you want to delete the hot-key just drag-and-drop it off your skill bar like any other.

My child plays this game and I don't want to expose them to raunchy language!
    Navigate to DOMO/Main/Config and open FilterString.ini. This is your game's personal filter. Add in words that you want to be censored in game. One word per line.

I'm sick of seeing my words get censored! I'm an adult for pupu's sake!
    Navigate to DOMO/Main/Config and open up FilterString.ini. Delete everything in the file and save it. Your outgoing words will no longer be filtered.
    Note: The incoming text, as in, the things other people say in chat, will still be censored. There's no way around that. This just prevents your own words from appearing censored to you (and others with the filter edited out).

The server isn't showing up on my server list!
    Navigate to DOMO/Main and open serverlist.txt. If it's full of garbage, delete it, and paste this in instead:

DOMO 107.6.2.167 15000 0

If you know of any solutions that aren't listed here, please post below and let me know what they are. I'll have them added to the list. Thanks in advance and happy DOMOing. C:
    Last edited by Pepsimancer; March 26th, 2015 at 05:59 PM.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life." ~ J.D. Salinger

But every time the game is updated we will have to do it over right? Until if/when they fix it them selves I mean.
    Last edited by Gambachi; February 16th, 2015 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambachi View Post
    But every time the game is updated we will have to do over right? Until if/when they fix it them selves I mean.
    Unfortunately, yes, until the staff at Suba decides to implement these changes themselves.
    I attempted to set the files to Read only, but the launcher bypasses that as well.
    Last edited by Succubusty; February 16th, 2015 at 11:42 AM.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life." ~ J.D. Salinger

Thanks a bunch for the skin color solution, I've been dying for a fix. I remember back when I first started domo back in 2008 my skin tone was set to a chocolate brown (5th skin tone) then when Aeria updated, my char was lighter. They never fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Succubusty View Post
    Unfortunately, yes, until the staff at Suba decides to implement these changes themselves.
    I attempted to set the files to Read only, but the launcher bypasses that as well.
    Just checking. I presumed as much. So if they have changed anything in this downtime happening right now. It might be worth waiting till the client has updated the game before changing all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambachi View Post
    Just checking. I presumed as much. So if they have changed anything in this downtime happening right now. It might be worth waiting till the client has updated the game before changing all this.
    Yep. If there's a patch after the downtime, that's right. It's just a matter of remembering to fix the files after every patch. It's a bit of a hassle, but there's no way around that for right now.

Thanks for the skin tone fix. I found the ini file but I wasn't sure what to change the RGB codes to.

For less hassle, make sure you keep copies of your changed INI files somewhere. That way you can just copy+paste them back after patching.

Compatibility mode only seems to work in win 7 and 8.1 NOT in win 8. It caused me to crash every time until I turned it off. I still had to run as an admin of course.

Not a solution to any problem, but rather a quality of life edit.

In Login.ini, you can add your username and password at the ACCOUNT=
    PASSWORD=
    line, and every time you turn on the game, username and password fields will already be filled with your information, so you can just press the confirmation button and start playing right away. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Skyish View Post
    Not a solution to any problem, but rather a quality of life edit.

In Login.ini, you can add your username and password at the ACCOUNT=
    PASSWORD=
    line, and every time you turn on the game, username and password fields will already be filled with your information, so you can just press the confirmation button and start playing right away. ;p
    That's a useful one! Didn't know about it. I'll have it added c: Thanks.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast