Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almanac of Gods and Demons

i know how almanac works

yes i need to catch 5 eggs of same kind monster (if i want to record pupu then i need to catch 5 pupus), of course catch using mirror.
    after catch 5 eggs, i need to click Devil Seal Cards (sell in NPC each for 10.000G), put 5 eggs inside and Taa~Daaa~ got Pupu seal card...
    Use it and it will be recorded in almanac.

Devil Seal Cards is pricey (who will use 10.000G just to record Pupu in almanac? not me for sure).

Tedious is not something new to me, and i don't mind killing 100 Monster just to get 5-10 Mirror.
    But i do mind spending 10.000G to seal pupu only

While it's true you can get Devil Dust with in-game activities, the huge amount of grind results in only a small amount of Dust. That's just not viable when you need Dust for every time you summon a monster.
    What would make the system player friendly is if summoning didn't require Dust or any other items. That's the simplest and best solution in my opinion. Alternatively we would need a way to get huge quantities of Dust so that grinding for it was worth it.
    Last edited by Raineyes; February 25th, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

everyone just says it wasn't worth it but i'll tell you what. no cooldown times and infinite summons a hedgehog came in handy all the time in dden.

and unless you're summoning like 8 metal guardians every 10 minutes devils dust isn't a problem. these monsters don't die that frequently if you're still taking the majority of the aggro. Just don't use the "special skill" option and you should be fine.
    Last edited by CloudMamori; March 2nd, 2015 at 06:04 AM.
    Check out our Guild website, register maybe? You don't have to stay, just enjoy yourself while you're there.
    http://pfas.freeforums.org/
    Add me?

I got extremely annoyed with this system because I couldn't remove it from my inventory, and I'm probably not going to use it just because of that tbh. And also, it was a tedious task to get all the materials required.
    IGN: Mae

Speaking of devil dust, has anyone else played with it in CB? I summoned something from my almanac with no devil dusts, and it worked. My suba points don't appear to have decreased in some form of payment either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingseagle View Post
    Speaking of devil dust, has anyone else played with it in CB? I summoned something from my almanac with no devil dusts, and it worked. My suba points don't appear to have decreased in some form of payment either.
    monster Lv 1-10 do not need Devil dust

Mirrors go high enough though that using the almanac and dust are pretty pointless...

I sort of agree with CloudMamori, but if I have to use Suba Points just to summon a monster I would rather just use a trapping mirror instead rather than the dust itself, and as everyone is saying if making the summon free, I also think that would be unfair to the system itself, I would suggest maybe something like using alchemy to get the dust?

Remember, the monster will disappear if you change maps or log off. That increases the amount of dust you need even more. That's a problem for a lot of people, i'm sure.

Perhaps making it available at normal shop (existing NPC or New one) and then make the devil sealing card varies for levels and price, just like the mirror trapper.
    lvl 1-10 Card at 500
    lvl 11-20 Card at 1000 and so on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12