Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Wednesday Event - Protect the Targets

Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time

plz?

lolololol events.

i cry blasphemy, every1 knows that no engrish version of sco should ever get events, patchs, or gms

Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time Do 20:00 pm server time please

I wish to make the following constructive criticisms about the last event.

1. The event's beginning was not clear. A better way to handle the opening would of been to coordinate with the Chairmen of each nation, asking each to gather at their own warp. Once the majority had gathered, the GM would signal a start. Beginning in the middle of a war created confusion.

2. The event's rules and objectives were unclear. For the first fifteen minutes I ran around trying to lock on to GM Saturn, the only GM I could see. After that point, Echo informed us that there was a GM for each nation to target, not both nations vs GM's as I had assumed from what was explained before the start. If it was to be one nation vs a set amount of GM's, and both nations were to work together; it would of been better to separate the nations into safezones to remove the vagrant population that chooses to be disruptive and not follow instructions.

3. Shouting back at an angry population will only make matters worse, especially if the GM's are doing it. Yes, the nation deserves some scolding, and is filled with a dissident faction of idiots; however, it presents a bad image if the GM loses composure. I left AR because of GM's that did as they pleased without restraints. Take a step back, take a deep breath, and try and find a passive way to address crowds, otherwise you risk inciting a riot. I can relate to how Echo acted, as I acted in a similar manner before when I cared too much about a community; I recommend a vacation.

4. The GM's power level was too high. I expected to die each time I was targeted, but I did not except to not even be able to hit the GM's. With 140% prob I never once landed a hit, not even for one damage, it was all miss. Current metagame sets Eva and Defense at about 130%, that's with e12 armor, god charms, and what naught. I do not know what the GM's were using, however, I doubt it was near these figures. This left the lower level and poorly equipped players with nothing to do but target the BCU that were flying nearby. Purify, snare shot, and special skills did not seem to effect the GM's. In order for an event to be enjoyable, the player should feel they are contributing in some manner.

I was honestly interested in this event, the thought of both nations attacking a single GM struck me as an exciting concept. The confusion, poor preparation, unclear objectives, and inability to affect the outcome of the event made it less than enjoyable. I hope this information will be useful in preparing and planning future events.
    PaladinVII :
    -LvL 6x BG BCU Prelude, LvL 76 AG BCU Prelude, LvL 80 MG ANI Artemis AO, LvL 83 IG ANI Artemis AO, LvL 81 MG ANI Orion AR, LvL 71 IG ANI Helix AR, LvL 71 BG BCU Orion AR (deleted), LvL 81 MG Trimus SCO, LvL 78 IG ANI Trimus SCO

Quote Originally Posted by PallyVII View Post
    I wish to make the following constructive criticisms about the last event.

1. The event's beginning was not clear. A better way to handle the opening would of been to coordinate with the Chairmen of each nation, asking each to gather at their own warp. Once the majority had gathered, the GM would signal a start. Beginning in the middle of a war created confusion.

2. The event's rules and objectives were unclear. For the first fifteen minutes I ran around trying to lock on to GM Saturn, the only GM I could see. After that point, Echo informed us that there was a GM for each nation to target, not both nations vs GM's as I had assumed from what was explained before the start. If it was to be one nation vs a set amount of GM's, and both nations were to work together; it would of been better to separate the nations into safezones to remove the vagrant population that chooses to be disruptive and not follow instructions.

3. Shouting back at an angry population will only make matters worse, especially if the GM's are doing it. Yes, the nation deserves some scolding, and is filled with a dissident faction of idiots; however, it presents a bad image if the GM loses composure. I left AR because of GM's that did as they pleased without restraints. Take a step back, take a deep breath, and try and find a passive way to address crowds, otherwise you risk inciting a riot. I can relate to how Echo acted, as I acted in a similar manner before when I cared too much about a community; I recommend a vacation.

4. The GM's power level was too high. I expected to die each time I was targeted, but I did not except to not even be able to hit the GM's. With 140% prob I never once landed a hit, not even for one damage, it was all miss. Current metagame sets Eva and Defense at about 130%, that's with e12 armor, god charms, and what naught. I do not know what the GM's were using, however, I doubt it was near these figures. This left the lower level and poorly equipped players with nothing to do but target the BCU that were flying nearby. Purify, snare shot, and special skills did not seem to effect the GM's. In order for an event to be enjoyable, the player should feel they are contributing in some manner.

I was honestly interested in this event, the thought of both nations attacking a single GM struck me as an exciting concept. The confusion, poor preparation, unclear objectives, and inability to affect the outcome of the event made it less than enjoyable. I hope this information will be useful in preparing and planning future events.
    Pretty much agree with what Pally said. The event sounded really fun, but being that the time of it was announced until the last second was poor planning. Don't get me wrong, i understand that things may be extremely busy on your side; however, I wouldn't do an event without it being completely thought out. On the other hand, I'm glad we're even getting events.

No matter what people will QQ, and sometimes you just have to remember that. This event worked out FAR better than the last one, and I'd like to just say thank you to the GMs for taking time to do this.

On a side note, why don't you display events on the launcher now as you use to display patch information? Do remember, only maybe 10% of the population actually check forums.

140% def/eva is pretty much the limit to what somone can get, GMs stats shouldnt be higher/much higher than that.
    l__________l lvl94 IG BCU/Vatallus<br>

PallyVII if it took you 15 min to find GM, maybe it's time to find another game.

Quote Originally Posted by PallyVII View Post
    4. The GM's power level was too high. I expected to die each time I was targeted, but I did not except to not even be able to hit the GM's. With 140% prob I never once landed a hit, not even for one damage, it was all miss. Current metagame sets Eva and Defense at about 130%, that's with e12 armor, god charms, and what naught. I do not know what the GM's were using, however, I doubt it was near these figures.
    At 176% I was hitting roughly once per ABM. I think that's close to 160% eva.

Maybe the GMs shouldn't have high eva and def. I dont know if the game code prevents them, but it might be better if they simply put tons and tons of hitpoints on themselves. Then everyone should be able to hit them, but they could still take a nation scale beating.

290 attack, Pierce Charm - all 1's

FNNNNNNNN

Also I just ganked ANI the whole time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast