Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Musician 101

Default Pet Musician 101

Hello.

If you're reading this, it means you're interested in being a pet Musician.

It's a lot of fun.

I'm lazy so I'm not going to write any unnecessary prose. Let's get started.

THE BASICS

Pet Musicians utilize the Pet Sounds tree of the Musician class to defeat enemies using a pet.

THE PET BREAKDOWN

Each pet has a different strength.

Jades and Wood Kukus are the Thief-class pet. High evasion, but not a lot of damage.
    Metals and Metal Dragons are the Mercenaries. Very high physical defense and HP. Not a lot of damage, either.
    Sapphires, Water Dragons, and Water Kukus are Fencers. They have mediocre bulk, okay damage, and a stun.
    Rubies, Fire Dragons, and Fire Kukus are the Wizard/Shaman pets. Very high DPS, but low bulk and low health.
    Rocks are the Blademaster pets. Decent DPS, mediocre bulk.
    Lilies are Musician/Dancer hybrids. They're capable of weakening enemies and they also have buffs they can apply to their companions. They have less-than-stellar DPS and are not bulky at all.

WHICH PET SHOULD I USE?

To answer this question, we need to establish the roles of you and your pet.

As a Musician, your DPS isn't going to be very high. Sonic Swipe deals a decent amount of damage, but it's an MP drain. So, your role is primarily to keep your pet healthy.

If you're not dishing out a lot of DPS, who is? Assuming you're on your own, your pet will be doing the damage. This guide will operate under the pretense that you are working with only you and your pet. Because of this, I heavily recommend using the Ruby or Fire Kuku pet. While the Ruby and Fire Kuku pets have low HP and defenses, your Pet Sounds are enough to keep any pet healthy, meaning that the idea is to then maximize the damage your pet is outputting. Rubies and Fire Kukus have the highest DPS capabilities, meaning they're the go-to choice for pet Musicians.

This does not mean you have to use a Ruby or Fire Kuku. If, for whatever reason, you'd rather use a different pet, go for it.

THE SKILLS

Musical Magic

This tree is largely useless for you. Ignore it. However, one skill is worth mentioning...

Sonic Swipe

Attacks enemy with sound. Increases your attack, M.ATK and attack speed. Effect may stack 3 times.

Sonic Swipe is a decently powerful skill. Some pet Musicians use it. Some don't. It's not necessary, by any means, and if you're intending on also utilizing Pet Sounds as a sub for other solo classes, I'd recommend against getting it, as it would not be optimal.

If you end up leveling this skill, you'll have to make some choices regarding your Pet Sounds. More on that later.

Pet Sounds

Soothing Serenade

A song that recovers the HP of nearby team members' pets.

This skill is important. Your pet can't deal damage if it's dead. I'd recommend getting it to at least level five, if not higher. However, some argue that with the use of Pet Snacks and Pet Snack Song, it needn't be raised past level four. This is a matter of taste; I, personally, don't use Sonic Swipe, which means I have more than enough skill points to level this to level five and above.

Song of Serenity

A song that recovers the MP of nearby team members' pets.

This skill is important. Your pet can't deal very much damage of it doesn't have any MP. Again, recommended to at least level five, but others argue it's not necessary to level it past four. Totally up to preference.

Power Ballad

A song that raises morale. Improves nearby pets' attack and magical attack.

This skill is very important. Max it. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Defensive Ditty

A song that improves nearby pets' defense and magic defense.

This skill is important. Arguably. It makes your life easier. Higher defenses means your pet will be taking less damage. If you're capable of keeping your pet alive without it, more power to you. I prefer using it, as there are more than enough skill points to keep it maxed. When you get to the upper levels, say, 50 to 70, it becomes a lot harder to not use it, as your enemies go from foes that are downed in seconds to foes that take at least tens of seconds.

Cheery Tune

A happy song that increases nearby team members' pets' maximum HP and maximum MP.

This skill is not very important. It looks good on paper, but you should have no problem keeping your pet's HP and MP topped up without it, and casting it means you have slightly less MP to work with. If you want Pet-Praising Song, raise it to level three. After that, I'd recommend forgetting about it.

One thing to note is that it might be useful for Arena. However, as far as I'm aware, nobody has used a pet Musician in Arena with a large amount of success. I do think that it's possible, perhaps with a Jade pet, as Jades have high magical evasion. But I've never seen it tested, so it's purely hypothetical.

Resurrect Pet

Resurrects a pet that has fallen in combat.

This skill is not very important. However, it is marginally useful.

The benefit of this skill is that it saves you gold, as resurrecting pets in town costs an increasingly large amount of gold. It also saves you time. If your pet dies and you don't have this skill, the only way to resurrect it is to bring it to town.

However, it costs ten skill points.

If you're not using Sonic Swipe, you probably have the skill points to spare, so I'd recommend getting it. Pets die sometimes.

Pet Snack Song

A miraculous song that turns enemies into pet food! Attacks enemies and restores the HP and MP of nearby team members' pets.

This skill is useful. It deals a small amount of damage, restores the HP and MP of your pet, and generates an item called a Pet Snack.

Pet Snacks are consumable items that restore the HP and MP of your pet. They heal based on percentages and have an extremely short cooldown of five seconds. They're very useful as they not only save you MP by doing the healing for you but they're also good emergency-use items for if you get overwhelmed. There are different levels of Pet Snacks; a rank-one Pet Snack Song generates level one Pet Snacks.

Because the level one Pet Snack is already fairly powerful, restoring 21% of your pet's HP, even one rank in Pet Snack Song is a good idea. Something to note is that the levels of Pet Snacks have diminishing returns; that is, each additional level sees a smaller and smaller increase in potency. A level seven Pet Snack heals 27% of your pet's HP. That's twelve extra skill points for only a seven percent increase. Because of this, I would only recommend one rank in Pet Snack Song. But, if you have the skill points and you want the marginal increase in power, go ahead and max it.

Pet Training Song

Nearby team members' pets get an accuracy bonus, magical accuracy, and reflects damage.

This is a good skill. It's probably a good idea to max it. More accuracy means more damage, and it's not like you're pressed for skill points.

Pet Prayer

Nearby team members' pets get an evasion bonus, magical evasion, and block success increased.

Another good skill. Max it, use it, love it.

Pet-Praising Song

Allies' pets get a critical attack bonus, movement speed, and HP and MP recovery goes up.

This skill is very useful, primarily for the HP and MP recovery. Skills can't crit, but the increased recovery means you have less work to do in terms of upkeep.

An example build

At level 50, you should have all three of the life quests done. That means you have 135 skill points at your disposal.

Soothing Serenade: Level 7
    Song of Serenity: Level 7
    Power Ballad: Level 10
    Defensive Ditty: Level 10
    Cheery Tune: Level 3
    Resurrect Pet: Level 1
    Pet Snack Song: Level 1
    Pet Training Song: 6
    Pet Prayer: 5
    Pet Praising Song: 5

With this setup, you have seventeen skill points left. Do with them as you please.
    You can also opt out of Resurrect Pet and max Sonic Swipe, instead.

WHERE SHOULD I LEVEL?

I'm too lazy to type this part out. Level wherever Shamans and Wizards level. You're effectively duoing with one.

Note: There are certain places that are so good to level, assuming you're using a fire-oriented pet, that I will give you those recommendations. Specifically, Metal Guardians in the East Sea Plain and Tawny Tims in the Town God Temple. These are both Metal oriented monsters. In DoMO, Fire-oriented attacks and skills do extra damage against Metal-oriented enemies. This makes the Metal Guardians and Tawny Tims especially good enemies to fight with your Fire-oriented pet, as you'll be killing them at an increased rate.

Endnotes

There are none. Have fun.
    Last edited by Dyyn; February 27th, 2015 at 02:10 AM.
    prestige #1 indo guild wkwkwk

Something I forgot:

STAT DISTRIBUTION

This is pretty simple. Your restorative skills get a boost from Wisdom, so you should probably chuck some points there.

Agility lowers casting time and cooldown, so put some points there, too.

The other stats are totally useless for you.

Master GS EAKMcDowell will smite your heathen ass to hell for saying you shouldn't only pet muse with lillies.

Seriously dyy wtf, quit confusing the newbies with your technical argle-bargle.

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

Quote Originally Posted by SilaNarodnaya View Post
    Master GS EAKMcDowell will smite your heathen ass to hell for saying you shouldn't only pet muse with lillies.

Seriously dyy wtf, quit confusing the newbies with your technical argle-bargle.
    Was this actually something he pushed? lmbo

Quote Originally Posted by Dyyn View Post
    Was this actually something he pushed? lmbo
    how could you not know Grand Master EAKMcDowell's Lily Cult?

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

most underated class ever
    i really love pet muse, it freaking strong even vs bos area

Pretty nice pet muse guide I would say. I keep Sonic Swipe around level 5 to just do some dmg every now and then.

Guild Website: *******/domoelite
    Guild Forum: *******/eliteguild
    IGN: ArtfulAir

Elite forever and ever.

thanks for the hard work and thanks for the sharing

Great guide. Another note of caution with pet revive is that you cannot use it to raise anyone else's pet either.

Pet muse is easily one of my favourite classes. Turning mobs into pet food is so so gratifying.

am i the only one here get banned because playing as pet muse???
    https://forum.subagames.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2997663&dateline=1430  468910playing as solo pet muse~get banned because ppl think doing botting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast