Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (no objections)

6 100.00%
  • No (and I posted a comment as to why)

0 0%

Thread: Guild Alliance Plan

Lightbulb Guild Alliance Plan

A while back I read from one of the GMs for the game that if we come up with a solid idea as to how to create Alliances between Guilds it may be implemented. Here is my plan, fee free to add constructively to it:
    First the following things will need to coded in the game:
    • Additional Chat Channel Called "Alliance"
    • Prompting to Guild Master form an Alliance with which ever Guild that is requesting it
    • Add an option button to allow Alliances to be created in the Guild Tab of the Community Section
      (Usable by Guild Master Only)
    • Add an option button to disban Alliances in the Guild Tab of the Community Section
      (Usable by Guild Master Only and only available if an Alliance is already formed)
    • Add a tab called Alliance which will list the members of the Alliance and their ranks
      (Master, Vice, and Chief Of Staff ranks will be classified as: Other Master, Other Vice, and Other Chief of Staff or something similar to distinguish the two guilds from each other)
    • A new player tag added to each allied Guild or possibly a star to indicate an alliance with another Guild is present

Concept: A Guild Master could first chat with another Guild Master about forming the Alliance, if they both agree to forming the partnership and both Guilds agree then the asking party could simply click on the Add Alliance Button, enter the other Guild's name in the prompt and click send. This will give the Guild Master a Yes or No Prompt to form the Alliance.
    Upon clicking Yes, an Alliance is formed. A new chat channel will be available from the switch channel options called "Alliance." The channel will allow guild members to directly communicate between the two Guilds, thus making the two into one will still keeping the identifies of each.

Benefits:
    • The allied Guilds can't be matched up together to fight one another in GvG thus GvG protection
    • With an alliance to two guilds can interact as one thus allowing players a broader social support base.
    • Chiefs of Staff from either Guild could recruit for each others Guild.

Restrictions:
    • Both Guilds cannot participate in the same GvG match unless a members leaves one guild and joins the allied side (the Guild that is in gvg) temporarily
    • PvP will not be possible for the two Guilds, ppl will still need to leave either Guild in order to combat another Guild member from either allied Guild.
    • No Shared Warehouse, each Guild will still have its own Warehouse.

As with most ideas in an MMORPG or MMO it takes the community to fully craft them so please if you have any more usable suggestions please post them below.
    Last edited by MervynAoi; March 5th, 2015 at 12:34 PM.

In one word
    Playcoo

Other than that I like the feature, someone else had already mentioned something like this.
    Last edited by Shiono; March 5th, 2015 at 02:52 PM.
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

Quote Originally Posted by BrunaLH View Post
    In one word
    Playcoo

Other than that I like the feature, someone else had already mentioned something like this.
    I understand but one of the Gms did mention before the devs wanted to know of some way to implement it and what I'm doing is tossing a plan out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MervynAoi View Post
    A while back I read from one of the GMs for the game that if we come up with a solid idea.......
    "that's nice . Okay . We will get this going in v14" (which will happen in 30 more years..)

Quote Originally Posted by BrunaLH View Post
    In one word
    Playcoo

Dont blame others Brun*****. Blame yourself for playing this game. And one more, stop planning to farm alt on GvG by registering FairyTail for GvG, just go **** yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SiComel View Post
    "that's nice . Okay . We will get this going in v14" (which will happen in 30 more years..)

Dont blame others Brun*****. Blame yourself for playing this game. And one more, stop planning to farm alt on GvG by registering FairyTail for GvG, just go **** yourself.
    Listen development is bound to catch up as far as localization is concerned and please refrain from flamming Bruna or I will have you reported!

Quote Originally Posted by MervynAoi View Post
    I understand but one of the Gms did mention before the devs wanted to know of some way to implement it and what I'm doing is tossing a plan out there.
    Yes yes and like I said, I do like your plan.
    The only thing I'd change is -> "Chiefs of Staff from either Guild could recruit for each others Guild". I think CoS should only recruit to their guild.
    Having someone from outside recruiting for your own guild sounds a bit off to me ^^'
    Oh, you mentioned an additional channel for alliances right, what color would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by SiComel View Post
    How does one playing a game has anything to do with the content the game has or hasnt?
    It's more than obvious that we get what our devs want us to get, all Suba can do is call their attention.
    As for GvG, you let hatred take over your fingers and make false acusations. If you wish to talk, feel free to PM.
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

Cool

Answering in order of comments given:
    • Chief of staff idea was just an idea it can be ignored.
    • I understand how that could be odd.
    • Well maybe Grey or Navy Blue?

well it would be cool if we can do some mock gvg within alllied guilds

Thumbs up Guild Alliance

Yes, definitely agree to it!

I like this idea and I can see how this would be a good idea for some guilds, but I don't think it's necessary or has enough benefits as it's suggested right now. I would to see something similar implemented in the future though.

The benefits could easily be experienced by merging two guilds into one - though with member caps that can be difficult if everyone is active. I'm not opposed to the suggestion though.

I want more member slots in guilds ><.

GvG:
    Most useful part of this suggestion imo. Few guilds seem to take part in GvG at the moment, unless this changes I don't see the need for protection. If guilds need protection currently, they simply don't sign up for GvG or they get mercs.
    From what I've seen there are few active guilds these days with more than a handful of active members, and even fewer of those guilds do GvG - I'd love to see more guilds doing GvG and maybe this would encourage them to try it out.

Alliance Chat:
    I like the idea of this, but it would be flooded - especially if you can form alliances with more than one other guild and it's all in the same channel.

Assuming both guilds have the majority of their member slots taken up by actives (therefore sending mercs to one isn't a possibility), if two active guilds form an alliance then that chat would be incredibly chaotic.

When there are even 20 people online in a guild the guild chat can be hard to manage (if there are less than 20, why not guild hop as needed for now?) Kitsune's work around has been using discord where we can separate people into channels and hop around - I don't know how other guilds deal with this currently. We also make use of team chat, with teams reporting to guild staff - teams are limited in number though.

I do think an in game way to manage stuff would be better than relying on discord. Perhaps a way for guild masters to organise teams in GvG or similar - being able to click an icon and see multiple team windows or something. But then again, team leaders can currently report to guild masters in guild chat or whisper. Hm.. I need to think on this one a bit.

Recruiting for other guilds:
    Staff members are currently able to recruit for other guilds, they just can't invite - this is solved by maintaining friendly communication with other guilds combined with the other guilds have active CoS across time zones - a juggling issue.

Guild staff are guild staff, if they can invite for other guilds that effectively makes them one guild, instead of allied - in that case I think it'd be better to try and merge guilds.