Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring on the Chat Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Oxycore View Post
    I don't believe there are enough chat abusers and zone chat messages to warrant creating a new category of mods.

Screenshot the abuse and send in a ticket.
    Maybe you can come more often in-game.
    As for sending SS of someone who use bad words and/or spamming zone chat, i already did few times. But i don't know if they (Mod/GM) really taking action or not. People also can use alt just to use bad words on zone. I wonder what GM/Mods do for this one? Ban the alt? They can create more.
    Doesn’t matter if you’re weak. If you struggle hard enough, you can make a miracle happen

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoteru View Post
    Maybe you can come more often in-game.
    As for sending SS of someone who use bad words and/or spamming zone chat, i already did few times. But i don't know if they (Mod/GM) really taking action or not. People also can use alt just to use bad words on zone. I wonder what GM/Mods do for this one? Ban the alt? They can create more.
    I don't have any more in game authority than you do. I am not a GM.

As far as taking action goes, we've banned mains for the actions of alts in the past.

You can also report players around you in-game with the telephone icon. (Press E) Though it doesn't work in towns (Only Playcoo knows why) and I doubt the GM's look at it. (They've yet to use the Newsletter UI Feature. . . It's practically waaaay more functional than facebook and you can post pictures in it. Suba plz)

Virtual GMs are hired via outsourcing. The previous company hosting Lucent Heart had outsourced Game Masters from around the world.

That is an official contract, however. I'm not privy to those details though, but from what I can make out, they were paid and things were official. They go to an office wherein they have access to a GM server account and are unable to access that account for personal use (implying that the outsourced GM is from a company). Said account can be accessed by anyone from the main site though, hence if the outsourced GM resigns, his/her account is still active.

They also worked shifts by pairs, in case one person does not act accordingly publicly in-game and can be reported for misconduct. I am guessing there is also one person from the company on-site supervising them, or at least, is present. Working by pairs also ensures that there isn't too many things to handle as one GM. The pair does not live in one country/area, nor do they know each other personally. The only common thing between them was that they are able to work at that same shift.

I liked the GM system in the previous Lucent Heart because there was always someone there to keep chat lively, in order, and always ready to assist players. One thing too is that they were always ready to figure how the game works because the only way to fix things is to know what the problem is, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12