Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Chat Mods

Default Bring on the Chat Mods

Okay, since Version 9 is out and everything is in the clear. (Despite there are crapload of bugs and error needs to be fixed.)

I think it's time to bring this issue onto the table. As you know, as a regular member of the LH community, you may find a few bizarre conversations on Zone chat, bundled with strong language and dirty jokes. Of course, I don't mind banters and admittedly even I like to banter around on the Zone chat but there are times when chaos gets a little bit too much. So I feel we should introduce chat moderators to keep chat friendly and... clean I suppose.

If you feel there are no needs for chat mods, then kindly read and weep below. (Be advised, potty mouths ahead.)

So why should we add Chat Moderators? Apart from a reason above, here's why.

l. Zone chat is intended used as marketing, advertising and FAQs purposes only.

ll. Lucent Heart is primarily aimed at audience who are aged 13+, weeaboos and MLP fans. So obviously we'll see kids around in LH.

lll. The announcement only says speak English on chat, but not "Keep it clean, kids."

IV. Bypassing chat filters happens everyday.

V. Chat mods may able to stop bots (or spammers) and ban them.

Vl. Less work load for the GMs since people are likely to depend on Chat mods than the ticket system.

Vll. GMs are on a few hours per week, while chat mods can be on everyday. (And more than one.)

Chat mods is a voluntary job for those who are trustworthy, and the GMs can decide who can be one of course. But I would like the forum mods to have those powers since they've done so well keeping the forum in order. And hopefully we could have more people to join the new and retro Chat Mods Gang in the near future.

So, chat mods? Or not?
    Last edited by Zackhario; March 27th, 2015 at 06:19 PM.

This may be hard to implement.
    As far as I know, GM abilities may only be activated if you're logged in a private network in SubaGames' office.
    Meaning to say, for someone to have abilities to monitor and control the chat, they have to be employed by SubaGames and are physically present at the office just like any other GM.

The GM team has been considering to get virtual GMs but because of the current problems LH is facing, this idea is pushed back for later.
    If you need help regarding in-game features, please post on General Discussion.
    If you're having problems playing the game, please post on Help & Support.
    If you encountered a bug/broken feature, please post on Bug Reports.

If your problem requires GM assistance, please send a Support Ticket.
    Please read THIS GUIDE about the use of Support Tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelle View Post
    The GM team has been considering to get virtual GMs but because of the current problems LH is facing, this idea is pushed back for later.
    Virtual GMs?

befor the switch the gm's were dancing in game and watching over they were fun to be with lots of fun ole day they switch mosedly with other gm begus the times were diverend but then also had much events they played so mosed of the time was there things to play events with gm's they also were letting on the chats then i never saw someone curch then and mosed words may not get in the chat like it do now i remember it well the words that are above here were mosedly stars so you dint know the letters were i like the gm's much befor the switch lots fun and events and lots gm's were online then if i remember corect there were like 5 online and they had fun togheter as gm's andif you needed a gm they would help ride away if you needed it maybey the old gm's wanna help still in this game as gm's they hadmuch fun times

As far as I know, GM abilities may only be activated if you're logged in a private network in SubaGames' office.
    Meaning to say, for someone to have abilities to monitor and control the chat, they have to be employed by SubaGames and are physically present at the office just like any other GM.

Virtual GM sounds a little vague, care to share what's this about?

i got a question is there a update going on or something begus mine game crashed and the server whent offline but still is not up yet so i wondert about it if the server is getting fixed if its broken or when the update is finished

If I'm reading this right, introducing in game player moderators is not a great idea. I've lost count how many times I've seen biased actions, Guilds taking sides with a certain Moderator, foolish drama, and the constant harassment both the moderator and the players cause.

Don't do it.

At best, you can mimic what Atlas/Marvelous (When they were still around) & Aeria did. Have volunteers just send in reports or have access to a remote channel (IE: GM Guild, IM, Email) to quickly communicate with the GM's to resolve concerns.

In all seriousness, no it's a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AlehLH View Post
    Virtual GMs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackhario View Post
    Virtual GM sounds a little vague, care to share what's this about?
    In LH UK our GMs were from all around the globe.
    I remember one of them lived in Australia, another one lived in UK, bla bla so on.
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

I have little to no trust in any peer-based justice system.
    Minidesserts were a failure, and whether or not someone is truly trustworthy enough not to, I do not have faith in /anyone/ in the active LH community not to show bias and favoritism.

My opinion is that the game isn't popular enough and bringing in enough players to warrant an active moderation of the chat. I feel that the instances of inappropriate chat are seldom enough that they can be handled by screenshots in tickets by the GMs, I've reported people for inappropriate language, and it was handled relatively quickly.

If LH was bringing in new players and zone chat was filled with new faces daily, I may agree something should be done.

The GMs Suba has are not working as well as they should be to help the game grow, and they need more/better protocol for them to follow. Although they don't get as much done as we'd like, they could all be GM_Jesters, crafting rare weapons for favorites and playing it off as a "Reward for helping". All peer moderation will lead to is bias, or a community actively searching for something to call them out on until they find something.

f7a5e5acfc5e88de76b775a8866a1fb2fcf1b64ba05c28da6be3d45e9a8cf1c3.jpg
    Last edited by KunLH; April 3rd, 2015 at 05:19 PM.

I don't believe there are enough chat abusers and zone chat messages to warrant creating a new category of mods.

Screenshot the abuse and send in a ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast