Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blademaster Fencer Sub Build?

Default Blademaster Fencer Sub Build?

Gonna try subbing Fencer aoes on my Blademaster this time around (I have enough jobs to pull on and it brings nothing to the table when subbing tank). They do have an 80% efficiency with swords which is really good, so apparently the game thinks this is a viable option, just not one I've seen all too often. My question: what is the best stat build to use in this instance? Looking at the wiki, it's saying that BM only gets attack from points in power, not wisdom or agility as well like some classes do - and we all know Fencer aoes use both magic and physical attack. So the real issue is should I worry about up'ing my physical attack only? Split it between physical and magical and go a power/wisdom build? Should I go more for wisdom for more magic attack and MP? Or should I add agility in there as well and sacrifice damage for cooldowns (I'd rather avoid this if possible - especially seeing as my cooldowns wont be terrible with an 80% efficiency anyway)? Please do not suggest adding dexterity to the build as I find dex to be completely useless unless you're soloing (which I'm not).

So basically I'm looking at one of the following builds:

pure power
    2 power/1 wisdom
    2 wisdom/1 power
    pure wisdom

If anyone out there has experimented with a Fencer-subbed BM before and has found a really great build that maximizes damage, I would appreciate any insight.
    Stargirl

For faces & hairstyles screenshots, guides, and other DOMO shenanigans, visit my blog:
    http://domoaddict.blogspot.com/

Hello my friend. I have a few questions before I go through my wall of text. 1. What level is fencer? 2. I am making a 100% assumption that you are going to AoE with your BM?

So let us begin. I have a level 47 fencer subbing my AoEs on my BM at the moment (lvl 32). The best tip I can give you is to GET that 20% proficiency on sword mastery. That 20% reduction is the difference from making you AoEing above 2k then doing sub par damage. Was hitting 2.5k AoEs at fugitives this afternoon with lvl 7 AoEs. Yes, I agree with the statement that Fencer AoEs utilised both physical and wisdom. However it is been tested that magic attack significantly raises fencer AoE damage compared to adding power (I have to find the source for this) So I would utilised 2wisdom/1 agility. However I am not using this build. Since BM mp pool is literally trash so I go full wisdom. I use all my 4 AoEs, sit and then continue (I would sub MP regen skills if you have any or grab some MP pots). BM doesn't suffer fencer AoE cooldown penalty. What I mean is that if you look at Fencer AoE the natural CD is 30 seconds. If you AoE on BM it is the same.

So you might wonder what skill tree I go. I have taken max AoEs on Howling wind, Crashing waves, Roaring Inferno and Crushing Landslide. I take equip sword and taken 30% proficiency. I really wish people utilise onyxes in this game. The slot maker next to EC ironmonger is so cheap to slot great onyxes. I am rocking 5% m atk in the body and % against certain mobs.

I think I have tried answer your question. Feel free to post down below if you got any other questions. Hope this helps.

edit: use burning rage when you AoE

Prestige Member

I just actually leveled my BM with pure pow with 50 fenc subs and the damage is about what you would see on a fencer of that level but toned down a bit. Granted i did not have my mars sword yet.
    Aeria Sapphire Server
    IGN: Fencwario

Quote Originally Posted by Agiantnotepad View Post
    Hello my friend. I have a few questions before I go through my wall of text. 1. What level is fencer? 2. I am making a 100% assumption that you are going to AoE with your BM?

So let us begin. I have a level 47 fencer subbing my AoEs on my BM at the moment (lvl 32). The best tip I can give you is to GET that 20% proficiency on sword mastery. That 20% reduction is the difference from making you AoEing above 2k then doing sub par damage. Was hitting 2.5k AoEs at fugitives this afternoon with lvl 7 AoEs. Yes, I agree with the statement that Fencer AoEs utilised both physical and wisdom. However it is been tested that magic attack significantly raises fencer AoE damage compared to adding power (I have to find the source for this) So I would utilised 2wisdom/1 agility. However I am not using this build. Since BM mp pool is literally trash so I go full wisdom. I use all my 4 AoEs, sit and then continue (I would sub MP regen skills if you have any or grab some MP pots). BM doesn't suffer fencer AoE cooldown penalty. What I mean is that if you look at Fencer AoE the natural CD is 30 seconds. If you AoE on BM it is the same.

So you might wonder what skill tree I go. I have taken max AoEs on Howling wind, Crashing waves, Roaring Inferno and Crushing Landslide. I take equip sword and taken 30% proficiency. I really wish people utilise onyxes in this game. The slot maker next to EC ironmonger is so cheap to slot great onyxes. I am rocking 5% m atk in the body and % against certain mobs.

I think I have tried answer your question. Feel free to post down below if you got any other questions. Hope this helps.

edit: use burning rage when you AoE
    My Fencer is only 30 at the moment, but I do have equip sword and 4 aoes level 2 right now (I opt out of the earth one to get equip much sooner). I mostly just want to get BM to 30 for now to get Light Armor equip (and maybe some buffs to help level with my Hunter). And if the magic attack helps more with the aoe damage than physical attack, then I would definitely prefer to go pure wisdom (especially since, as you said, BM MP pool is horrible).

Thanks for the reply! This has been extremely helpful.
    Stargirl

For faces & hairstyles screenshots, guides, and other DOMO shenanigans, visit my blog:

Using skills 10 levels above what your current level is will give you the most damage. For example at level 17 you can use level 2 Fencer aoes without a penalty.

The 80% efficiency will only affect the physical attack from the sword, you'll still get the full m-attack (based on how it worked in Aeria) as well as the m-attack from Muse and Merc buffs.

MP pool is a consideration, but max MP won't lower your total time sitting, it'll raise the time you can spend to cast skills but also raise the time needed to get the skills back. Agility is better for MP regen if you're using an MP sub that's not Inner (or Sanctuary Scarab, but that's not out yet).

Imo it's not worth getting Wis on BM because of the above reasons, it can already potentially pull agro using the right level Fencer skills pretty easily and when that happens it means you need to tone it down. Also means restating if you intend to level BM over 50 once DDen comes out.

All Out Assault is fun with fencer aoes.
    Last edited by TheCyberGhost42; April 4th, 2015 at 07:03 AM.

Since Fencer aoes benefit more from magic attack than physical attack, having more magic attack on BM would be more beneficial overall. I am indeed statting it pure wis right now because of this (and to increase MP pool). Agility doesn't increase attack at all on BM and only decreases cooldowns. So really the only other option would be power - but then your MP pool would be non-existent and you'd basically be able to cast a few aoes before having to sit. My BM is 23 now so I can start using Inner to help with MP regen as well.

If I decide to level BM past 50 (which at this point I doubt it'll make it past 30 anytime soon), then I can invest in a restat - or just keep subbing Fencer on it for eternity lol.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Stargirl

Apparently I rekt myself. Sword Mastery does not affect fencer aoes. LOL. @ Ghost is right.

Prestige Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agiantnotepad View Post
    Apparently I rekt myself. Sword Mastery does not affect fencer aoes. LOL. @ Ghost is right.
    Alright I wont get that then XD. Don't have enough points for it right now anyway lol.
    Stargirl

I agree with the wis build on Fencer subbing BM. I saw someone with a 2wis 1 pow BM build that subs fencer aoes. If I were to do this, I'd put my 3 skill points on wisdom each time I level up. Even with some MP recovery skills (im, sc, cc) you'll still find yourself sitting often, either waiting for a fuse, or waiting for your MP recovery skills cooldown.

P.s: Seems like every fencer I see got 4 aoes and maximised their level. And here I am sitting with lvl 7, 7, 6, 6, 6. Are the damage improvement on each level significant? Can someone clarify the damage increase on each aoe level?

Member of Syzygy - where the stars and planets align

Full wisdom + keep burning rage up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast