Thread: Solo Grinding Mobs Suggestions?

Default Solo Grinding Mobs Suggestions?

Greetings fair folk of DOMO,

I usually don't have the time to find a party so i end up solo-ing most of the time and i'm fine with that. But i need your advice on efficient levelling (without party).

Are there are any solo-ers who have reached the level cap (or 4x/5x) and if so what would be the choice mobs to grind at and what is a good xp (%) per mob to be getting?

For example, i find that i can grind on foxes from level 26-30 very efficiently with a ruby. They die really fast and give maybe 0.3-0.4% xp per mob along with the repeatable quest. I consider this efficient because i can keep killing, i don't have to sit and heal to often and if i just keep killing it i can probably level in an hour or less.

What are the other good mobs to grind on beyond that from your own experiences and from what level to what level should i be grinding on them?

Fyi, i'm a pet muse with a ruby and i've read most of the guides out there but i want to hear your own personal feedback

Just to share some of my own personal experiences grinding mobs:

lvl 10-16: town hall basement kill zombies/globs
    18-21: toxic moth
    21-23: noddy stone
    23-26: bow wow bum
    26-30: fox cub
    30: divine male kuku
    3x - 5x: ???

Any advice on what mobs to grind on at any level are appreciated! Thank you so much!
    Last edited by CrustyOldMan; April 6th, 2015 at 11:40 AM.

if I were you id wait til den, you can go to shielded snakes as early as 46 and level all the way to 54.

you can try the usual VIP stuff if you got equip heavy armor. chef til 37, fugitives til 43, hogs til 46.

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

well you might to give out more info than the one you provide like for example
    1. how do you plan to keep your relation with your pets?
    2. what kind of subs do you have? or non?

but from what I see here's what I can help you with since I'm also a pet muse
    currently my pet muse is level 31 and I have level 42 doc's Medical Treatment and level 40 shaman's Nature Magic with equip HA+shield+syringe
    so here's my plan

1st I would find a mob worth killing, you can do that in the wiki, for example: since I'm using a ruby I'm trying to kill metal mobs, and I would avoid dancer mobs

2nd do a test drive on the mob you listed, how good is the exp/min and how risky is it grinding there

3rd find a quest/assault mission if there's any for that mob

for spots here is what I have
    10-15 grape glob at town hall basement(I'm using a level 15 saph here)
    15-20 spiders at FFC(I'm using a level 20 rock here)
    20-23 chestbeater at canute canal(still using my rock)
    23-26 fbop at PT or noddy stone at PP(I'm using level 25 ruby here and I prefer fbop)
    26-31 most mobs in giantwood forest(I'm using level 30 ruby here and I'm also spamming assault quest while doing field quest)
    31-38 bandit bow wow in grotto(I'm using a level 36 ruby here)
    The rest are still plans... so I won't put it here yet

alternatives:
    28-31 stuborn stone in grassgreensquare(I'm using level 30 ruby here and also spamming field quest)

Hi lads,

At the moment im stuck at lvl 53 as a pet muse using a 55 ruby and i am finding it quite tough to level beyond that.

Im still soloing with 5x doc subs but need suggestions on mobs to grind on (for pet muse with ruby) from 53-60 since dden isnt open yet.

I know some people have been grinding on TGT minos but they have way too much hp to make efficient grinding mobs. I also know people who have been soloing on bonefish in bigbeam but they are BM/hunters.

Would appreciate ANY advice from fellow soloers/pet muses, thanks!

fairly certain the lack of end game content (babel, accademy of mirrors, dragon den, sneaky peaks, etc.) is intentional to slow the progress of the life of the game. *same can be said of the level cap only rising slowly over time and badges only being 50%. Forced to enjoy the game at a steady pace

20-34 is BIG BEAM. if you sub hunter and doc, pretty easy. if u got a ruby, piece of cake

im more curious from 53-60 though, as a soloist.

It seems that all the level 60s i've asked either duo TGT or bonefish.

I've tried 55/58 ruby on those lvl 60 bonefish and i don't die but it takes quite a fair bit of healing (myself and pet) and time to kill them. inefficient.

starting to think that i should DG everything.. (yea right)

but the more likely option is that i just leave game until dden opens... there just seems to be no viable option for soloists at the moment. Does anyone even solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kol69 View Post
    im more curious from 53-60 though, as a soloist.

It seems that all the level 60s i've asked either duo TGT or bonefish.

I've tried 55/58 ruby on those lvl 60 bonefish and i don't die but it takes quite a fair bit of healing (myself and pet) and time to kill them. inefficient.

starting to think that i should DG everything.. (yea right)

but the more likely option is that i just leave game until dden opens... there just seems to be no viable option for soloists at the moment. Does anyone even solo?
    It's either:

Spend a fortune to DG gear you plan on using to end-game and solo/duo with that with no complaints*
    Spend hours if not days to level in tgt until around 56 to try and do Ginseg Ghouls/Fiendish Florence Kings (Bonefish don't give as much exp as them iirc) solo/duo*
    Wait for DDen like the sane people

*You would be insane to do level at this point without a badge

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstarstrike View Post
    (Bonefish don't give as much exp as them iirc) solo/duo*
    Bonefish(the level 60 mob) actually have the best XP/HP ratio at that level(which gets amplified further since bigbeam has a flat +50% base xp compared to old aeria values), they just have low hp and require being in a spot that can kill them constantly.

DG armor also does practically nothing in bigbeam outside of LA giving the passive skill damage bonus. You can also run skill spam archery without a DG bow without losing out too much, so long as you have an ele:30 onyx slotted in.

Anyway, levelling 53-60 is, primarily, either kite+hunter skill spam(and chug an infinite number of mp/hp pots as a solo while LIVING ON THE EDGE like I did) or leech as a support, since practically nothing else is very safe.
    ASPD vaguely works on bonefish due to the small HP part, but you'd still likely need to be duo or at minimum have a ton of seafood pancake to go through if you plan to stay alive.

Grinding as a caster in bigbeam.... Doesn't work very well unless you can rootcycle, and even that's questionable since most mobs have a ranged skill that does a ton of damage. Grinding with a pet most definitely doesn't work well.

Hmm...you learn something new every day.

Guess I'm switching to party muse 'cause at this point I'm useless

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.