Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming re-balance Skill Chart Tier 4 and Tier 5

it's .5 health per spirit/agility point.
    https://forum.subagames.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=121192&dateline=13822  91457

Quote Originally Posted by YourOwnPersonalJesus View Post
    Yeah I thought it was weird that it said that.

The problem with Thunder Loop is that it really wasn't an upgrade for Archers at all. The damage difference between most classes in the game and Archers was already noticeable--with the Archers being on the bottom end of the equation. Now the damage difference is even greater. This update was a necessity for many reasons for the classes in Priston tale and it was long over due. When the update came out I did some testing to compare our old outdated skill with the new and improved skill that was going to solve all our problems and this is the conclusions that I came to:

I used the time variable of evasion shot level 1 which has a stun duration of 4 seconds to determine a fundamental aspect of all MMORPG's which is called DPS (damage per second). DPS determines how much damage a character can do over time which is more important than the initial damage done. I was able to shoot 6 of the previously used 1v1 skill, Phoenix Shot level 10, in the stun duration of evasion shot. I was able to shoot 4 of the new 1v1 skill, Thunder Loop level 10, in the stun duration of evasion shot. This gives me the conclusion of Phoenix shot = 6 shots per 4 seconds also known as 90 shots per minute (if perfect conditions permit) due to 60/4=15*6=90 (I hope you are following). Where as a simple 4 shots per 4 seconds = 60 shots per minute. So it is a simple 1:1.5 ratio on the damage done over time. So at this point I tested out the skills damage. Lets try Ltechnicians in Secret Lab. I averaged 30 skills on the Ltechnicians with the new and improved Phoenix shot. I averaged 20 skills on the Ltechnicians with the Thunder Loop skill. Which gives me the conclusive tests that Thunder loop is 50% more powerful but Phoenix Shot shoots 50% faster, giving both skills the same DPS.

Phoenix shot did gain a 18% damage boost over this last patch so technically yes the archers did get a damage upgrade, but the problem is that majority of the classes in the game gained a substantially better DPS rate--widening the damage gap. If you really want me to I can do these exact tests and calculations comparing classes in a similar manner to show how much the damage gap is now. I hope this isn't entirely necessary, all we need to do is consider that classes were only so strong before this patch and majority of the classes received a substantial update in regards to skill delay reduction (as well as damage boost where Archers did not receive this necessary damage boost). I minor suggestion would be to look at the Ata's Snippy Fear skill and go off of that on how to balance Archers. (Try to set Archers Thunder Loop to 365% Damage boost rather than 260% Damage boost and see where that takes things--I honestly don't think that would be enough to balance out the two classes due to two shots on snippy vs 1 shot on Thunder Loop).

TL DR: Archers didn't gain much of a damage boost upgrade 18% only. Where every other class did. My evidence: math math and more math.
    This is such a revalation.

Evade Shot paralyzing in the pvp?
    https://www.facebook.com/pristontale.news

http://pristontale-news.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by YamiEx View Post
    Evade Shot doesn't work on PVP. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by minkwarrior View Post
    Yeah it is sad, evasion shot is a very nice skill but we are far under powered in comparison to quite a few other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiEx View Post
    Yami is there any way that we can get a screen shot of level 10 Thunder loop from a different pristontale? If you can find this then maybe the GM's will ask Yedang for the patch to update our Thunder loop to match theirs (which will help balance Archer's damage with other classes). I compared my archer (pure agility high damage archer) with a strength Atalanta and the results were clear that there needs to be a balance. Both characters have similar aged gear and are roughly the same level. The strength Atalanta killed Ltechnicians in 13 shots where my Archer killed Ltechnicians in 20 shots. Snippy fear and Thunder loop have the same skill animation meaning that they shoot at the same rate. So my conclusion is that a low damaged tank Atalanta kills 50% faster than a low tank high damaged Archer. This is a hilariously large damage gap between the two distance characters. I came to the conclusion that in order for a pure agi Archer to have the same damage as a high str Atalanta thunder loop would have to be raised to 400% damage boost. Furthermore, if a pure agility Archer to have par damage with a pure agility Atalanta of the same level and same weapon (in regards to level and age) Thunder loop would have to be raised to 750% which is rather excessive. I just wish we could find out how Archers compare to Atalanta's in other pristontale servers so we could see if this is how the game is actually suppose to work.

TLDR: Archers are considerably under damaged in comparison to their Atalanta counterpart.
    Archer - Archer ~115~
    Priestess - Priestess ~116~
    Magician - Help ~100~
    Knight - Knight ~82~
    Fighter - Jesus ~105~

Watch me on twitch: www.twitch.tv/TopDeck_US

Quote Originally Posted by minkwarrior View Post
    Assuming what he states is true (I never leveled FoN, thus I'm stuck with T4 until 96) then Thunder Loop is likely to cost less mana than 2x PS. More precisely, PS damage for half the mana. As a result Thunder Loop would take the crown, albeit less bursty.
    Last edited by Erbse; July 8th, 2015 at 02:23 PM.

Issue of Thunder Roop: It's a lightning based skill while mobs in high lvl maps have high element resistance -> Thunder Roop's suck
    Solution: Increase dmg of Thunder Roop, shorten the animation(remove the stupid spinning animation before shooting) and make it become a non-element based skill (remove the lightning element I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Namonaki View Post
    Solution: Increase dmg of Thunder Roop, shorten the animation(remove the stupid spinning animation before shooting) and make it become a non-element based skill (remove the lightning element I mean)
    Alternatively make it a two hit skill. Either way, I must agree that FoN and Evade Shot is the way to go. For DPS PS still takes the crown, bar none.

Yeah, I read the balance skill in BPT, seems KPT made Thunder Roop become 2 hit skill
    Since my friend played ata, I am thinking to play as an Archer

when are we gunna get a fix? No one will even party my 102 archer anymore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast