Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player Reporting Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by LadyinSpades View Post
    DoMo Was not originally english, there was chinese versions and so on, right now all we have is this one so it is sort of harsh to "gently remind them to speak english" it's quite ignorant Sorry
    As far as I know, the international chinese version is still going.

DoMo Was not originally english, there was chinese versions and so on, right now all we have is this one so it is sort of harsh to "gently remind them to speak english" it's quite ignorant Sorry
    When in Rome, do as Romans do. It is not absolute but it is still a good thing. You do not want to be left out in a conversation because language barrier, are you? especially in public channel

IGN : iroha "Overseer" (Lv 75 Wizard - Lv 70 Shaman Doctor Musician Dancer Sorcerer Witch Doctor)
    IGN : oriha (Lv 75 Blademaster - Lv 70 Thief Hunter Mercenary Witch Doctor)
    IGN : AceCocytus (stall) "Sovereign Abyss"
    IGN : Elegant.Sprite (Alchemy Helper)

The TW version is still going, and a Hong Kong version was also released about a year or two ago (don't remember exact dates).

Even then, this is a game translated so people who don't speak Chinese can play more comfortably. Since this is an English translation, it's not too unreasonable/harsh to ask people to speak English in public chats. Otherwise there may as well not have been an English version in the first place.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

1.If it is then that's great, there is still many players who are bilingual and many who can't put a sentence together.

2. Do you really have to be apart of every conversation? Are you that starved for attention? Chatting is nice yes but same as you want to talk to someone in english maybe they want a friend who can speak there language.

3. I did mention there was other versions, doesn't mean that are servers aren't multicultural.
    Last edited by LadyinSpades; May 13th, 2015 at 02:17 AM.
    https://forum.subagames.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2837991&dateline=1418  205187

1. Personally as long as I can understand what they're trying to say I don't care.

2. On one hand I do feel alienated for being in a leveling party with indos (me and my nighttime gaming), but on the other hand I allow myself to do so because all I want to do in the end is level. The only things I need to understand are if someone is done (quest spam), if we need a new teammate, or something else. They tend to make those things pretty clear for someone who doesn't speak Indonesian. The rest of the conversation, I don't care; they can have fun with that. If someone really wanted to be a part of a conversation, they can simply leave the foreign team or find someone who speaks their language as well as you have mentioned.

3. Never said that in your previous post, but fair enough. What can I really say when I play the TW version on occasion?

Suba isn't trying to outright ban people who don't speak English at all; they just request that everyone understands each other in public chats (since most people here can speak English, they chose English for that purpose). Foreign speakers can freely speak their primary language in their guild, teams, whispers, and even general, as no one is exactly "forced" to see those chats. By forced I mean they are free to leave the guild, leave the team, block whispers setting your IM to offline or blacklist, or move away from the general chat area.

One could argue someone can leave a map if they didn't want to see a foreign broadcast or even turn broadcast off, but broadcast could also be considered a more "useful" chat for looking for people, parties, asking questions, etc. In other words, having to turn off broadcast off all the time or leaving a map to not see a foreign chat would be slightly inconvenient. Eh, if you're like me you could simply ignore what is being said, but you have people who don't like to ignore stuff. With that being said, you also cannot turn off a PAS; you're forced to see what is said on there.

That's all I have to say about that. I will agree to disagree if that's the case.
    Last edited by Superstarstrike; May 13th, 2015 at 03:01 AM. Reason: words, man

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123