Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Reporting Guidelines

Default Player Reporting Guidelines

Player Reporting Guidelines

We have noticed a large number of tickets submitted to us regarding matters that do not require GM intervention. In many cases, these disputes should be settled between players or through alternative methods. Sending in disputes regarding squabbles, disagreements, and other trivial matters takes away time that could be better spent testing future patches, banning bots and gold sellers, planning item mall releases, and abusing the system announcements system because shenanigans.

These rules are applicable in player to player disputes. They are not applicable when bot reporting, gold spam reporting, scamming, or hacking.

The ticketing system is to be used as a last resort in player disputes.

There are many circumstances that require a player to report. Trolling, bugging, being obnoxious (within reason) are not actions that facilitate sending us a ticket.

2) We require some sort of evidence in order to take action against rule-breakers.

Depending on the offense, we require screenshots, videos, or chat logs in order to persecute rule-breakers. Visual evidence is the best evidence. Our time is severely limited when it comes to tickets so we don't have time to investigate our logs for each issue when evidence can be presented.

3) We might not ban if you, or someone else, did not kindly ask the player in question to stop first.

Maybe they don’t know it’s a rule. Maybe they do, but they think they’re being funny. Regardless, getting angry and not asking kindly is technically being part of the problem. There’s many reasons why someone might break a rule. Please remember to communicate politely with them that what they’re doing is against the terms of service. If you ask them to stop, then we know none of the above is applicable, and that they knew what they were doing is contrary to the terms of service.

4) We might not always reply to your tickets.

We usually have 500 tickets on our dashboard. Yup, 500. We do these everyday but they are time consuming and the longest tickets to solve are player reports as it requires investigation. If it takes a long time to get a response from us, it's not that we don't or will never read this, it just means we have a lot of tickets to go through and the highest priority tickets are those who sent in tickets because they can't play the game. We read every ticket we receive and dole out reprimands when necessary. We'll never just delete your ticket for now reason. We appreciate players trying to make the game a fun, safe environment. We also appreciate players who try and lighten the already extremely heavy work load on this by sorting issues out without having to require GM intervention.

5) Sending in fake or exaggerated or troll tickets will not be tolerated.

It is against the rules to send in fake, exaggerated, or jokey tickets. This clogs up our ticketing centre and takes away time we could be spending improving the game. This means no sending in tickets just because you don’t like someone, no sending in false claims or unsupported complaints. If you’re caught, you yourself might face penalties.

6) No posting ticket-related threads. No stirring drama.

If you have reported someone, don’t post a thread about them or your report. If you’ve been reported, don’t post a thread about it.

How to report

All player reports are to be done through the ticketing system, which can be found here: https://subagames.com/SupportPage.aspx/domo

First, consider:
    Can I solve this issue on my own?
    Are there other ways I could deal with this issue? ie. blacklist
    Is it really serious enough to garner GM action?
    If you feel as if the offence requires a ticket...

Please include the following:
    The name of the character
    The date/s of the occurrence
    The location of the offence
    Details about the alleged offence. What did they do?
    MUST INCLUDE screenshots, videos, chat logs are required when reporting a player.

- Special thanks to Gracey for coming up with these guidelines. Zenpai notices your face

6) No posting ticket-related threads. No stirring drama.

If you have reported someone, don’t post a thread about them or your report. If you’ve been reported, don’t post a thread about it.
    Thank you based Moderators. You're the heroes this forums needs.

IGN: Yai
    "Only boring people get bored."

Zenpai needs to notice more people D:

This should clear up a lot of issues though.

>6) No posting ticket-related threads. No stirring drama.

Oh thank god.

Enoch - Leader of Vigilantes

Can you clarify what public channels means in the language section? I've seen in the rules thread that it is BC only that is mandatory English. However general chat is also public, but to a smaller extent. I see lots of foreign language in general. So can you change public channels to say broadcast, or change the rules thread to include general? Thanks!!
    DoMO IGN: DarkJade

I think it's only Broadcast and Trade, but don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhengzhang View Post
    I think it's only Broadcast and Trade, but don't quote me on that.
    Yeah I think so too, but since this is an official thread I would like it to be crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Icywind1980 View Post
    Yeah I think so too, but since this is an official thread I would like it to be crystal clear.
    Taken from my colleague's in-game rules thread:
    English only in broadcast/trade please - I know there are people who can speak many different languages on Domo, but the bottom line is Suba Games is an English speaking company that cannot enforce rulebreaking like harassment or swearing in a language they don't even know. Team and Guild are fine as long as the rest of your team/guild is happy about it, general is ok as long as you don't linger around/follow people who ask you to stop, and whisper is fine as long as you're whispering someone who is fine with it.

While broadcast and trade are definitely no-go zones, we do still appreciate that you blacklist those speaking in a foreign language unless it is truly overbearing and warrants sanctions against their account, in which case it is OK to report. If we were to report every player who spoke another language in BC/Trade/General half the population would be gone. Sensible reports only.
    Gracey of DOMO...
    ...the First of Her Name, Community Manager, Mod, Queen of Stalls, Lady Regnant of Eversun, Protector of the Forums, Locker of Threads, Mother of Bans

Public Channels: Broadcast, Trade and PAS announcements

Quote Originally Posted by GraceySells View Post
    Taken from my colleague's in-game rules thread:
    English only in broadcast/trade please - I know there are people who can speak many different languages on Domo, but the bottom line is Suba Games is an English speaking company that cannot enforce rulebreaking like harassment or swearing in a language they don't even know. Team and Guild are fine as long as the rest of your team/guild is happy about it, general is ok as long as you don't linger around/follow people who ask you to stop, and whisper is fine as long as you're whispering someone who is fine with it.

While broadcast and trade are definitely no-go zones, we do still appreciate that you blacklist those speaking in a foreign language unless it is truly overbearing and warrants sanctions against their account, in which case it is OK to report. If we were to report every player who spoke another language in BC/Trade/General half the population would be gone. Sensible reports only.
    Yes I just wanted to see it in writing that it did not also include general which is also a public channel. Forgive me for being a skeptic, but I foresee threads being made complaining about seeing foreign languages in general and I was hoping to nip it in the bud.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast