Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM Auction Suggestion

Default GM Auction Suggestion

I like the GM auction but there are some individuals who don't have as much gold to spare (not all of us abuse oversights to get rich) so I had an idea for an auction.

I'm not sure how much power the GMs have but it would be neat if there were a way to hold at least one or two auctions but make the auctioned items only able to be bid on by bidding with Mileage Points. Same rules would apply as the gold thread except even harsher consequences if you lie about Mileage points since they are more difficult to trace/validate. The GMs may not be able to do something like this, and if so please ignore this thread, but I think it would probably bring back quite a few people who quit if this happened. Most people who would see it, and feel like they have Mileage points to burn, would play again just to use whatever they win in the auction.

This would also give a valid use to Mileage Points before V10 comes out (which, in all due respect, may be still a year or more away). Figure out some valid numbers and let people go at it to win items! Hell, you may even drain the Mileage Points before the Mileage Store comes out (yay, force people to buy more SP to get MP later on). That's just my thought though.

word. don't see why anyone would be against this. if you don't like it, dont participate, and suba gets billz
    116 DaPurpzzz

OhXRebirth

Beefs are for queefs

This idea has already been suggested.

But I don't think the GMs will go ahead with this idea unless the economy is stabilized. After all, the purpose of GM Auction forum is lowing the wealth bar.

The GM auctions were designed to act as a goldsink, not an event accessible to anyone who spends enough money to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusLH View Post
    The GM auctions were designed to act as a goldsink.
    I agree with virus. The main reason for this event is to act as a gold sink.

Also please take note that there are people who don't buy suba points (SP). There are many free players in this game so an auction using MP would not be too appealing for everyone.
    CocoMilk

lvl 79 - Libra - Dawn Prophet

lvl 15 - Jeweler

The GM auctions were designed to act as a goldsink, not an event accessible to anyone who spends enough money to participate.
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoMilk View Post
    I agree with virus. The main reason for this event is to act as a gold sink.

Also please take note that there are people who don't buy suba points (SP). There are many free players in this game so an auction using MP would not be too appealing for everyone.
    Keep in mind that it is not that appealing for people who aren't high level and didn't get to abuse a "feature" in the game that caused the whole flood of gold that entered the market to begin with. A level 65 who saved every bit of gold he could from level 1 and only has 200M will not be too "appealed" that someone got 5x that in an hour and is being rewarded for their "hard" work.

I digress though; while I generally agree with your statements, I'd like to just point out that the GM auctions are only designed as a "goldsink" for those who were present during the oversight regarding the release of V9. While I had 1.4B (and quit a couple months) only to come back to 800M of it gone, I was suddenly considered practically poor and couldn't afford anything I used to easily be able to.

Those of us who have been busy with school are screwed over by this "GM Auction". This is pretty much just a reward for anyone who either abused the oversight or benefited greatly from the horrendous inflation it caused. That is fine, take a couple hundred million gold out of a market that is way too ballooned as is, but that is pretty unfair towards those who support the game but didn't have the foresight to abuse or take advantage of abuse.

Don't get me wrong, I think the auction is a great idea, and I'm not saying put up a bunch of MP only items, I'm just suggesting put in one or two MP auctions so people who support the game can have something neat to bid on. Think of it as a reward auction for helping, instead of a reward auction for breaking/ruining the game like this essentially is.

Let's face it, the economy is terrible currently and there is no real reason to even continue playing because of that. If we gave previous supporters of the game an auction/use for their MP that they never got to (and may never GET to) use then they might come back. Just removing gold and rewarding gold exploiters is not going to do enough to even put a dent in the gold floating around in the market, you need to get people to enter the community and give them somewhat of an incentive to come back if they had previously left. I can tell you upfront that someone who has quit and learned about the gold exploits would NOT be interested in coming back if they learned that those who abused the exploits are now being rewarded.

TL;DR: Auction something useless for MP to draw the attention of people who may have supported the game in the past and give them an excuse to come back. That's just my opinion of course, not like the GMs really care in the broad sense since they get paid and still have a job whether this game survives or dies. They can say otherwise, but it's a fact and as gung-ho as they are once every 3months it never lasts more than a week before they get busy with other priorities again.

They should release a mileage shop before seeking alternate methods to use MP. It sounds like you just have alot of MP burning a hole in your pocket and are seeking a way to use them. People have been saving MP since the game released, and to release a mileage point auction before a mileage shop is dangerous. People have no idea how much mileage points are actually worth. MP are a currency that actually can be manipulated and determined how much value it holds.

If the mileage shop has blessing ares poles for 2k, then mileage points are worth alot less than if blessing ares were 20k MP. No one knows how far their MP will take them, so it's not fair to release a mileage point auction when there are so many players with large amounts of mileage points and no idea what their mileage points will be able to get them when the shop launches. Someone may spend $400 worth of MP on a battle pet, just to find out that mileage points are able to buy alot of things out of the mileage shop for lower prices.

We needed a goldsink, we don't need a MP sink.

Also, everyone already has established that Subagames is understaffed, and they picked staff that are numb to negative criticism and able to ignore it without caring about the playerbase's opinion rather than try to make improvements. Subagames is the biggest joke of a gaming portal I have ever encountered. They're thrifty and pick up failed mmorpgs hoping to milk more money out of their already established playerbases. Subagames doesn't need GMs willing to go above and beyond to impress and keep people playing, because the playerbases that follow failed MMORPGs will sit through just about any amount of neglect without quitting.
    Last edited by KunLH; July 25th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

The luxury of the Auction house is to get items a month earlier than players then show it off.

I'm confused why someone would try to argue that "It's tough to get that much gold if you didn't abuse", just so the auction house should be open to all instead of selective. It's not open, it's supposed to be selective. The less Gold the better. And mind you, over half the players who will receive them will be treated like testers. [Mostly referring to you, battle pets] They don't even work properly. I mean if your in it for the collection I can see where your motive is. But if your trying to make a bugged item acquirable by everybody, then just wait a month for release. So far these items aren't as game breaking comparing to the future updates I anticipate. Let's keep the hype down on the Auction house, because the item's aren't worth as much as you think.

As for this MP debate.

Just inflate the requirement on the MP cost. IIRC 1,000 SP points = 100 MP. Assuming I'm right, make pre-released battle pets cost 50k MP's. Problem solved. That would drain my MP to nothing after ten buys.

They should release a mileage shop before seeking alternate methods to use MP. It sounds like you just have alot of MP burning a hole in your pocket and are seeking a way to use them. People have been saving MP since the game released, and to release a mileage point auction before a mileage shop is dangerous. People have no idea how much mileage points are actually worth. MP are a currency that actually can be manipulated and determined how much value it holds.
    Sadly that is not the case, I barely have an MP (although not relevant) but I do know people who have quit that have some AND I have friends from another SubaGames hosted game that want to try LH but the outrageous item cost/SP costs have so far deterred them. I am not attempting to suggest a method to underscore the Mileage Shop that will never come out (was promised by too many GMs, too many times, over the duration of the past year to believe it is real any longer). It is just a gap fill method to create at least a moderate interest in the game again.

The gold auctions? One of the items has already been released and turned out to be worth much less in SP than the gold bid for it was. The initial reaction to the auction was great, it had all 5 of the wealthiest able to spend not even 1/100th of their gold for exclusive items. That is awesome, especially considering the main person bidding is a multiple offender of gold exploiting (not relevant but worth noting whom the auction benefits). The interest was high for a day, maybe even a week, but it died down just as quickly and didn't manage to make a dent in the gold in the economy.

It also is doing nothing beneficial towards creating interest in the game. While I am fully aware that there is obvious reasons for the auctions being based on gold and the items not being anything of real relevance, I am just trying to find a way to bring interest into the game instead of further benefiting those who already are established. If by the .0001% chance that a Mileage Shop were actually released and someone looks back and realises they spent an exorbitant amount more than the Mileage Shop prices are, then the only real reply that is needed is "You got to use your Mileage points several years prior to the Mileage Shop existing. You helped with understanding price points we should create. Thank you!" No one else is going to be able to use their Mileage Points so there might as well be a way to spend them now before players quit and leave a dead currency that could have otherwise perhaps benefited the market.

Once again though, this is just my opinion. I know there is solid objection to it but I cannot see anyone else coming up with a halfway decent idea to allure SP sellers to either return to the game or even come from other SubaGames hosted games to try out this game with a starting advantage. It is what it is, I was never looking for an argument and I think everyone's points are valid, I just really hate the idea of spoiling the rich while having no encouragement for anyone else to stay or return.

Quote Originally Posted by A286246525Se470 View Post
    The gold auctions? One of the items has already been released and turned out to be worth much less in SP than the gold bid for it was. The initial reaction to the auction was great, it had all 5 of the wealthiest able to spend not even 1/100th of their gold for exclusive items.

1/100th.

Wat was that. 800m is 0.01% of someones fortune? Wedew

8, 000,000,000,000 Trill Gold?

Wat was lowest spent in Bid.

50mill for praying cryst? /o/

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm

500,000,000,000 Bill Gold?

Leeeets be honest, I think this debate is overreacting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast