Thread: M-Gear Advanced Tutorial by Mkos

Default M-Gear Advanced Tutorial by Mkos

Hello there, some of you may know I am creating a tutorial for M-Gears. Its mostly advanced stuff. Tooday I have released 6th episode and I think finally the tutorial got enough content to public the link.

I would like to say that all things is an exact Mkos game style and you may prefer your way of play. And sorry for my pronunciation and audio quality. I did what I could to make those videos watchable.

Hope someone can learn from that.
    Comments are welcome on YT below the video.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1Y0YFD-tF4chRA
    Mkos - FLIGHT BRIGADE HAX - BCU

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/m8ch8/

I was indeed looking forward to coming across better footage of autobalance corkscrew turns, as this certainly does confirm Poly's theory regarding how effective autobalance/corkscrew turning really is. Basically, two main compelling reasons to disable autobalance are because it enables broken feathering, and because it gives you an edge in turnfights by allowing you to lock on to your opponent sooner through tighter turns. However in contrast, such turns generally result in you remaining in roughly the same spot for a while, which makes you prone to B-gears especially while outnumbered, in which case maintaining any sort of lock-advantage is no longer a priority at all over survival. As far as I could tell, autobalance corkscrew turns mainly work due to the additional distance created that way - not to mention that ABM'ing upwards usually doesn't work out very well.

It is however probably not adviseable for B-gears or I-gears to enable autobalance due to the necessary maneuverability headroom while deciding to time your missile loops or broken feathering towards terrain, as well as how it would severely cripple your ABM aim for the reasons I stated.

Other than that, your guide is by far the most informative M-gear guide I have come across so far, well done. Though granted, it could be because pretty much everything else out there has now become horribly outdated over the years... :s

That being said I am currently tempted to come up with an overly-technical I-gear/B-gear PvP gameplay guide that covers modulation (you have briefly done so as well at certain times!) as well as other stuff people may or may not have known about. In fact I have already written one not too long ago, but I am not too sure as to whether I should release it unless at least a handful of people are actually interested. In that case... I -might- just end up doing it.

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it !

Good stuff! I learnt something about moves - keep up the great work!

M-Gear tutorial for how 99% of M-Gears actually perceive the gear: get e13 baldr of baldr armor, have reverse engine toggled 24/7, pury anyone and everyone who hits you for more than 1s, and never roll

Grorious and Honorabre Chairman of ANI - ChairmanMao, July 2012
    Dear Leader of BCU - General Commander BobSaget, June 2014, August 2015, January 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BobSaget View Post
    M-Gear tutorial for how 99% of M-Gears actually perceive the gear: get e13 baldr of baldr armor, have reverse engine toggled 24/7, pury anyone and everyone who hits you for more than 1s, and never roll
    Is screaming at the enemy in broken English when you die also a part of the guide or are we assuming that this would be common sense?

Nice tutorial. I have used several builds, and I prefer to use a turning 34 engine. It's slow, but I can out-maneuver almost anyone. The SP is low, but auto-kit fixes that. Just get some decent sp kits, and it's endless. Another thing you didn't mention is the importance of reverse engine. It basically gives you extra turning. You can combine it with a roll to basically get the enemy in front of you again. People give up when they can't ever lock on lol.
    BananaBG | 86 BG GE | 81 MG ~Artemis • BCU~

Sticky this maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Michier View Post
    Sticky this maybe?
    Do people even read this section anymore? You should just become a forum mod so you can sticky it yourself!
    BananaBG | 86 BG GE | 81 MG ~Artemis • BCU~

Quote Originally Posted by GE View Post
    Do people even read this section anymore? You should just become a forum mod so you can sticky it yourself!

Hahaha yeah right ... aint nobodygottimeforthat