Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DP class discussion

Well I agree on one thing the most useless skill ever dawn crusader lol

Good Day

I would just like to ask this for those who are DP and have(played) DP alts if you guys experience slow casting speed where we supposedly have none or lesser cast speed.

As a level 78 DP I noticed that when I cast flame orbs it takes me 1.2 secs or so to cast the spell, and I think that its pretty slow.
    With our equips and higher Ints we should be getting lesser cast speed or no cast speeds at all. DP's Flame Orbs has a cast time of 1.8 seconds and our Psyche's Greater Heal is 3.0 seconds to cast.

Galaxy Sage's Athena's Spear is 1.5 seconds and with proper equip even a level 50 - 60 GS has no cast speed at all. So I was wondering that if our flame orbs is just 0.3 seconds higher than their Athena skill, then why do we still got this cast speed?

I am very conscious about casting speeds because for me it is very crucial not just in PvP but in supporting parties as well. As what I have experienced in other games, a support type priest must have great cast speed in order to heal fast and support the team. But this is pretty vexing that doing flame orbs takes us 1.2 seconds and the psyche's heal is 2 seconds to cast.

Even if I use the 75% cast speed card + Pegasus shield (+30% casting speed) I still get the same results. I would also like to take account the occasion where we are able to cast flame orbs is multiple times in a row but I don't think that we can rely and hope for RNG to do a flame orbs/heal spam.

So please I hope that somebody/someone take notice of this.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave143 View Post
    Good Day

I would just like to ask this for those who are DP and have(played) DP alts if you guys experience slow casting speed where we supposedly have none or lesser cast speed.

As a level 78 DP I noticed that when I cast flame orbs it takes me 1.2 secs or so to cast the spell, and I think that its pretty slow.
    With our equips and higher Ints we should be getting lesser cast speed or no cast speeds at all. DP's Flame Orbs has a cast time of 1.8 seconds and our Psyche's Greater Heal is 3.0 seconds to cast.

Galaxy Sage's Athena's Spear is 1.5 seconds and with proper equip even a level 50 - 60 GS has no cast speed at all. So I was wondering that if our flame orbs is just 0.3 seconds higher than their Athena skill, then why do we still got this cast speed?

I am very conscious about casting speeds because for me it is very crucial not just in PvP but in supporting parties as well. As what I have experienced in other games, a support type priest must have great cast speed in order to heal fast and support the team. But this is pretty vexing that doing flame orbs takes us 1.2 seconds and the psyche's heal is 2 seconds to cast.

Even if I use the 75% cast speed card + Pegasus shield (+30% casting speed) I still get the same results. I would also like to take account the occasion where we are able to cast flame orbs is multiple times in a row but I don't think that we can rely and hope for RNG to do a flame orbs/heal spam.

Thank you.
    When I play as DP I do notice how slow it is, but without a Pegasus Shield and without cards. Even just a 30% Casting Speed card makes me much faster and then it's fine, especially considering how Flame Orbs is the only skill with a casting time (and Psyche's Greater Heal, but as a DP I don't find myself really using it at all)

Quote Originally Posted by AlehLH View Post
    When I play as DP I do notice how slow it is, but without a Pegasus Shield and without cards. Even just a 30% Casting Speed card makes me much faster and then it's fine, especially considering how Flame Orbs is the only skill with a casting time (and Psyche's Greater Heal, but as a DP I don't find myself really using it at all)
    Yes even with just the 30% card the cast speed is still the same, so I am starting to wonder if theere is a fault within the cast speed cards, equips (cerb gaze, pega shield, SoQ,etc) or the skills.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunaLH View Post

No matter how much casting speed we have, we'll always take 5 seconds to cast this skill & we need to be extremely close to the target.
    That is sorta.. bearable (well in PvE it is, in PvP it's completly useless) but 10 minutes cooldown? That is waaaay too much.

And citing the things Bruna mentioned I think that the casting speeds really needs a bit of reviewing. 5 seconds for Omen of Destruction is just too long which is in contrast with the casting speed that we should get from our equips, stats, or buffs.
    Last edited by Rave143; January 16th, 2016 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave143 View Post
    Good Day

Thank you.
    Rest assured mate, it's not just you.
    No matter what casting speed card I use, what buffs I have, how much casting speed I have or if I'm plumed INT.. my Flame Orbs' casting speed wont ever get any lower than 1 sec (sometimes I manage to get it down to 7/8 secs but that's with lag's help).
    Yeah, it does suck that we can't get a "super low" casting speed like Galaxy Sages but that doesn't bother me that much.
    Omen of Destruction, now, THAT is complete bullcrap.
    Last edited by Shiono; January 16th, 2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: My english is so horrible and messy today
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

Yea I am hoping that they would look into our cast speed because if they did, then casting offensive and supportive spells will have lesser cast time. Just saying that if this is fixed then we should be able to use our skills like omen of destruction ( the longest cast time), flame orbs and Psyches Heal in jiffy.

I think this also applies with the earth spells of SC's and Fire Spells of MFE's. Where you guys at 80 should have no cast time for both offense/support skills already.

I this problem goes on then using cast speed buffs would be rendered useless since its pretty much the same with no buffs at all.

Every Skill has a cap on how quick you can cast it. See wiki:

http://lucentheartwiki.hardrain.net/...83%88#n738d6f8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12