Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DP class discussion

Default DP class discussion

This thread will be for the class balancing discussion of the Dawn Prophet class.
    Last edited by LunaP; December 17th, 2015 at 05:54 PM.

I think the two healer classes are the most balanced ones, changing things might actually mess them up for no reason lol
    One thing though, Healing Aura gives HP depending on how much CON you have, which, just like Invoker's Aura, might create problems later on.

Didn't you say HP was useless ? It doesn't really matter then.

Quote Originally Posted by Briynhildr View Post
    Didn't you say HP was useless ? It doesn't really matter then.
    That's why I said it might create problems, since most people will still probably ignore CON for other stats. Was just a thought, really lol

I also have no complaints regarding DPs. My DP Yume does well solo. Bosses take a while to kill of course but it's doable and Priests are supposed to be mainly for support so having a priest that can dish out proper damage is sweet.

Although, I find it odd that I have a hard time surviving nidia dungeon with her (using my MFE's stuff) but it's probably something I need to test more in depth (and yes I'm aware im using "offensive" gear).
    Last edited by YumeLH; December 18th, 2015 at 10:07 AM.

Can I ask for a stun skill for DPs? lol coz like.. all classes have stun skills at lower levels while DPs (mainly healers) don't have. /o\
    CocoMilk

lvl 79 - Libra - Dawn Prophet

lvl 15 - Jeweler

DPs got a stun at lv80, which is completly flawed on some edges.

Well then, time to quote myself and Cleft (again).

Let's start with the most useless skill ever:

Quote Originally Posted by Cleftobismal View Post
    What if one of the most two useless skills in the game (That Hasn't received a update or a remake in JP) were improved on our server? :>?

What If Dawn Crusader doubles your base damage you did on your spells instead? /o/

Because I'm going to be honest. A skill that has a 75% chance to reflect your Attack Damage* is complete crap. (Fodder /o/)

As well as a skill that doubles your Auto Attack damage when your a healer? Wut Lets start hunting +10 Two Handed Swords fellow Dawn Prophets and Sun Commissioners. /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunaLH View Post
    So I can only use magic spells and they give me a "increase your physical damage" buff that even keeps me from healing.
    Just how useful is that (o(
    Like "Yay! I can't heal at all but my auto attack's damage doubles! Yasss let me slap you with my staff" You kidding me right
    My suggestion here is simple, change it from "physical attack" to "magic attack". Here's Cleft's suggestion:

Dawn Crusader

Recommended Functions:
    Doubles the magic damage dealt (Before critical and defense reduction calcuations) and has a 10% chance to reduce the targets overall defenses [All physical and elemental] 450. (Stacks up to 4 times at a 18 second duration, critical upon attacking IS possible) And increase the delay from 120 to 190. Increase Hate Values on All Actions by 150%

Explanation: This skill is also a suicidal all or nothing skill for the Dawn Prophet.
    As it disables their buffs and heals, they cannot continue to support them or their others.
    Dawn prophets are known for their Omen's of misfortune to help boost the dps done on bosses. But aside from healing
    (If the dawn prophet is that capable or is even needed for that) and placing elemental debuffs for Moon flame Envoys; that's all their expected to do. They need more utility in this area of supporting and just letting a useless skill (as it is now) like Dawn Crusader decreasing their targets' defenses will give Dawn Prophets a step in providing a unique DPS to the party. (Let alone gives them a chance to destroy their opponents before they are destroyed)

No matter how much casting speed we have, we'll always take 5 seconds to cast this skill & we need to be extremely close to the target.
    That is sorta.. bearable (well in PvE it is, in PvP it's completly useless) but 10 minutes cooldown? That is waaaay too much.

The fact that this skill has 10 minutes cooldown, takes much time to cast & needs to be casted near the target (making us completly vulnerable to attacks) and doesn't [usually] make as much damage as it should, makes it useless to have it on our skillbar.
    I rather use priest skills that can only be upgraded by SC - Terra Shard Lv5, Frigid Bold Lv4 & Divine Fire Lv3 - than having this skill taking space in my skillbar.
    In fact, that's what I do and it shames me to say that Divine Fire Lv3 makes as much, and many times even more damage than my Faultline Lv7.

Omen of Destruction
    is one of the 3 DP-exclusive damage making skills (AOE is a choice given by astrolabe so I'm not counting it) that could be way more useful if the cooldown was smaller; it annoys me having to resort to priest skills because they have small casting times/cooldowns and decent damages.

Long Story Short - Would be nice if the cooldown got decreased. Here's Cleft's suggestion:

Omen of Destruction

Recommended Functions: Decreases all defenses [Both Physical and Elemental] by the current values of the skills. New Delay: 45 Seconds.

IE: Level 1 Omen Of Destruction removes 826 Water defense. Suggested Level 1 Omen of Destruction removes 826 element and physical defense.

Explanation: Again Dawn Prophet should be pushed more on the dps support side. But as I imagine, players wouldn't want them to be overdone (And to be the new flavor of the month class). I would suggest keeping the debuff duration the same as it is normally is. (7 Seconds) Also considering the spell power scaling and the fact it will always take five seconds to cast this skill at a veeeeery close range.
    600 second CD just seems absolutely obnoxious these days. Especially for end game play.

45 minutes cooldown for a Lv80 skill is not appealing at all :c
    It doesnt even work in PvP.. I mean if it did work in PvP (which would be hella sweet <3) I would take the long cooldown as a [long] payment for having all my enemies stunned. But this is not the case, it's PvE exclusive so why not shorten the cooldown a bit? I wouldn't mind 10 to 20 minutes, it's still big compared to other classes' stuns but it's better than 45 minutes.

Lastly, I'll post Cleft's suggestion on Shock of Vitality

Shock Of Vitality

Recommended Functions: Reconfigure the cooldowns. Level 1: 6 Seconds Level 2: 4.4 Seconds Level 3: 3 Seconds Level 4: 2 Seconds Level 5: 1 Seconds.

Explanation: I'm just going to be honest and brief on this. It's max healing potenial is 2501 (not counting the 400 or 500 damage done to the "healed target"). This skill falls off already when everybody already has 16k~28k HP.
    I don't intend to see this skill to be used to keep a person alive forever, (Hence the Cooldown limitation) but to give the Sun Commissioner or whatever heal the target is relying on enough time to get a good HP recovery (or to finish off the boss quickly).
    Otherwise Dawn prophets might as well use Psyche greater heal. (Which. . . is a skill that no longer's scales with the class and it's not a great emergency skill to use due to the cast times [Which A Support DP shouldn't be touching])
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

Quote Originally Posted by BrunaLH View Post
    I wouldn't mind 10 to 20 minutes, it's still big compared to other classes' stuns but it's better than 45 minutes.
    10 minutes is OP, make it 5 and useable in PvP.
    Last edited by Briynhildr; December 18th, 2015 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Briynhildr View Post
    DPs got a stun at lv80, which is completly flawed on some edges.
    yeah but u need to be level 80 to learn that skill. Also the cd is 45 min and cnt be used in gvg (accdg to bruna ); unlike all classes which can learn stun or sleep skill at low lvl. D:
    CocoMilk

lvl 79 - Libra - Dawn Prophet

lvl 15 - Jeweler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast