Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PW class discussion

Default PW class discussion

This thread will be for discussing any class balancing concerns with the Phantom warlock class.
    Last edited by LunaP; December 17th, 2015 at 05:47 PM.

uh Phantom warlock can not ride battle mount XD ? and weird equips gunner equips is being used I think phantom warlock should be able to equip knight and mage outfits with weapons just a thought. Gunner equip seems to off to me.
    Last edited by Aurelle; December 17th, 2015 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixil006 View Post
    uh Phantom warlock can not ride battle mount XD ? and weird equips gunner equips is being used I think phantom warlock should be able to equip night and mage outfits with weapons just a thought. Gunner equip seems to off to me.
    It can't ride mounts because it uses transformations, that's also why it has a mount form lol
    Also it uses Gunner armors because they have balanced defense, high level gear is made for them so it isn't gonna be a big problem.
    I personally think the class itself is fine.

well I don't know to much but phantom warlock does not have class change card for mall item but changing equips will make the class more costly ... either or .... the class is just weird to me to use

Quote Originally Posted by Ixil006 View Post
    well I don't know to much but phantom warlock does not have class change card for mall item but changing equips will make the class more costly ... either or .... the class is just weird to me to use
    A Class Switching Card exists, just hasn't been released yet
    But yeah this class is very peculiar which I think was intentional, even the NPC Instructor mentions how mysterious it is. It's a mix of different classes

My only concern with playing this class (in Divine Songstress form at least) are the cooldowns ;-; Firesong has a cooldown of 1.5 seconds. Even though that doesn't seem much, I feel like it will make a significant difference if it was lowered down by even a little bit. Especially when doing bosses, the 1.5 seconds of waiting for the cooldown is plenty enough for the boss to regenerate to a decent amount of HP. (Technically, Divine Firesong has the least cooldown time, it's DPS and doesn't necessarily do instant damage in comparison to Firesong.)

I've played the Seraph Knight and the hybrid bunny rabbit healer one (I FORGOT ITS NAME BUT IT'S ADORABLE ANYWAYS) before, and I think the same situation kind of applies, although I'm not a hundred percent sure since I don't really update those skills. My main focus is just the spellcaster one o3o

Casting times aren't too bad. That's why Sanctity Poet cards exist in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by AlehLH View Post
    It can't ride mounts because it uses transformations, that's also why it has a mount form lol
    Also it uses Gunner armors because they have balanced defense, high level gear is made for them so it isn't gonna be a big problem.
    I personally think the class itself is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saundee View Post
    My only concern with playing this class (in Divine Songstress form at least) are the cooldowns ;-; Firesong has a cooldown of 1.5 seconds. Even though that doesn't seem much, I feel like it will make a significant difference if it was lowered down by even a little bit. (...)

I pretty much agree with Aleh in this;
    PW is a very versatile class, I don't think there's many things that should be changed.

As a DP, a class that uses exclusively magic attacks, two of my main skills have 1.5 and 1.8 seconds cooldown. (I have like 5 main skills).
    A PW has as much (if not more?) spells to use when transformed into Songstress, one of them being a 'powerful' AOE with a 0.4s cd that you can spam.
    On top of that, you also have the choice to play as a melee class, allowing you to use even more skills.
    This said, I think the 1.5 cooldown on that particular skill is fine; it's short and you have many other skills you can use meanwhile.

Now, one thing that does indeed bug me a bit in the PW class is the teleport skill.

I personally think this teleport skill should be instant - have 0.0 casting time - just like it is for MFE, GS and Gemini.
    If they all have the same cooldown, why not have the same casting time ?
    I mean, during that one second of casting I can literally walk 23 meters, if not more, so what's the point Whatcha guys think ?
    [ General Forum Rules ] • [ LH Rules of Conduct ] • [ LH Guides ] • [ Send a ticket ] • [ PM me ]

Find me & my Art! - [ Deviantart ] • [ Facebook ] • [ Twitter ] • [ Ko-Fi ]

About Phantom Warlock, i'm mostly a Seraph Knight player, but I still checked out the other transformation.

As Bruna mentioned, the position teleport should be instant casted. It'd become quite useful in PvP as much as in PvE. One second can change everything.

Regarding the Seraph Knight : THE SKILLS ARE HELLA UNBALANCED.

Desperate Strike : SINGLE stun with one minute cooldown. Works on bosses I give you that, but one freakin minute. Drop to 30s at least.

Bleeding Strike : fan-shaped mini skill that deals 45% of your damages PLUS a super crappy damage over time. Raise to 65% and make the damage over time a variable value instead of 150 ish. like 5% of your physical attack ? or 10 ?

Holy Strike : pretty useful skill, makes your damages going x2 for 3 seconds, I ALWAYS cast judgement after this one. Although dropping the cooldown to 10 seconds wouldn't be bad. DOESN'T WORK ON BOSSES. Should be changed, as this skill is one of the most important in a seraph's rotation.

Judgement : Here we are. The ONLY damage dealing skill. If used wisely, its damages are unholy. Insanely powerful in PvP, that skill isn't enough in PvE. A phantom CANNOT DPS only with one powerful blow that has 15 seconds of cooldown, drop it to 10 too.

Hate Wave : not much to say about it, raise the number of targets to everyone in the range of effect ? And the damages should go to 45% instead of 30.

Holy Cry : make the STR buff proc when you cast the skill instead of when you're under attack, a PW's defense is LOW, even in seraph form.

About the Divine Songstress, the only thing i'd say is instead of raising MP from each point of INT, increase the spellpower for each points of SPI.

And finally the Edge Sprite : I'm pretty sure the heals are overdone. The strongest one at lv80 restores 1000% of your spellpower + 3k HP.
    3 seconds of casting time, add OP cast speed and it's even less, AND 0,4 seconds of cooldown. Spammable, overpowered. Leave the OPest heals to the Sun Comissioners.

Also cammouflage should make it impossible to be targeted for the ammount of time indicated, that way would prove useful in PvP.

That's about it. Feel free to add / comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Briynhildr View Post
    increase the spellpower for each points of SPI.
    I don't know about the rest but this is just a no no no no for the same reason as Invoker's Aura.

Or maybe increase MP for each points of INT for songstress, and MP regeneration for the Edge Sprite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast