Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best 2h weapon for high level mech?

Default Best 2h weapon for high level mech?

Ok so, I plan on being 108 very soon and possible 11x after the X2 EXP event coming up and I have been shopping for gears. Why is it that I see most 108 mechs using sword, and every now and then see a spear? What's wrong with hammers? I think it's safe to say claw has it's obvious advantages due to it's higher dmg and added defense.

I can see that mechs really like spear for it's crit + VERY high MAX dmg, but minimum dmg is very very low.

Axes are really only good for fighters since aging them doesn't increase their Crit % and boosts.... integrity?.... wdf ...

Hammers seem to be a sort of middle ground. Same Lv/1 bonus like other weapons, and by comparison have high damage than 2h swords, and to me, seem like more of what mech's are supposed to use, though hardly any do.

Swords seem great and all but just a teeny bit lower damage than hammers when I compare. Why do they seem so popular for Mech's?

Lv108 Tirbing Sword 2h:

Attack Power :
    82(85)-104(108)
    Weapon Speed : 8
    Attack Rating : 187~211
    Critical : 22%
    Block Rating : 15%

Spec.

Spec.ATK POW: LV/6
    Spec.ATK SPD: 1
    Spec.ATK RTG: LV/1~3
    Spec.Critical: 6%

Lv108 Phoenix Hammer 2h:

Attack Power:
    91(94)-108(111)
    Weapon Speed: 8
    Attack Rating: 219~228
    Critical: 21%
    Block Rating: 14%

Spec.

Spec.ATK POW: LV/7
    Spec.Critical: 5%

I can obviously see that the sword has 2% more crit and Lv/6 atk power bonus and the mace as Lv/7. so 108 / 6 = 18 and 108 / 7 = 15.4

Though the hammer also has much higher ATR than the sword. I can see how each weapon has it's benefits. It still seems like splitting hairs to me though. I think if you take each weapon and train in the same map for 2 hours, you won't see huge difference either way. Does it come down to what is most available? I think mechs don't like 110 sword because it's so ugly, haha.

So what 2h weapon do you use? and why did you choose it?

To me : Sword Sword Sword and Sword
    I'm not a Pro Mech.
    I did many experiments with claw, hammer, spear, sword. Test Skill: GS ( I did it long time ago, dont know if anything changes with RS)
    Here is some result:
    1. The closer range, the faster atk : In the same amount of time, I can do 9 GS with claw while only 8 with spear and hammer.
    2. Sword always kill faster on the same monster.
    With these 2 results, Swords become my best weapon.
    Hope it help on your Mech.

About the fighter's axes. Axe is always less speed then others but Fs's Swift Axe can handle that prob. Fs is owning now So weapon doesn't matter his perfomance, i think he can perform well with sword also; but i think Fs love axe harder b/c Aging doesn't increase axe crit but increase damage and ATR, to me the Sinbad Fs doesn't need Crit, all he need is hit the target and let the target feel the pain from his Super Power

Hammers in my opinion are just boring. They don't seem to crit much at all. To me they are just a blunt weapon. However, they are usually the cheapest and most available weapon when new weapons come out. Pikes all want the spears and seeing as there are so many pikes, the value of spears is much higher.

Swords, well, the KS want these. But there aren't a lot of KS so the price can be more affordable. 108/112 swords look really nice. With swords though, you have to be much closer to the mob to attack it. The reason I don't like swords as much as spears is the fact if you are in a party with a Pike, and you are behind him trying to attack the same mob, your char will keep running at the mob as the Pike will have the longer range.

So, I prefer Spear (for the Range) and the high crit. But, Spears are very hard to come by and hard to afford. Pikes will gobble them up like candy. Hammers are a lot cheaper, but as I said previously, I feel they are the most boring 2H weapon. So for 112 I went with Sword. I could afford one, I like the looks and I like the Damage/Crit.

108 I was sword, 110 I started with hammer, but as soon as I was lucky enough to get my hands on a spear I switched and 112 I am back to sword. If I find a 112 spear, I will likely switch back to spear but only after the price comes down so I can actually afford one. Or heaven forbid I actually get one as a drop someday. Reason, for the range and very nice Crit and not to mention the Highest Max attack power.

ok so you got some stuff already told to you by rain and i'll break it down to you like i have done with him in the past

i won't go into the whole availability and cost part as i'm sure you can figure that one on your own

so here goes for the 4 main mech weapons :

1- Claw :
    down side : lowest dmg of the 4, extreme close range to mob, most susceptible to get hurt by mob and last to reach running mob
    up side : along with shield makes mech more tanky

2- Hammer :
    down side : lowest crit of all 4, lowest to recharge mana/vamp rechargers because of low crit
    up side : high atk power on min and max so even if you don't crit you hit hard, highest atk rtg, between mid and furthest range to mob

3- Spear :
    down side : low atk power on min dmg, misses most out of all 4 (need high atk rtg to miss less)
    up side : highest atk power on max dmg = highest recharge, crit is 2nd highest, longest range to mobs

4- Sword :
    down side : mid range to mob = more dmg from mob and will lose to a spear to get to mob first, min and max dmg is average to all other 4
    up side : crit is high so very good recharge along with nice min max = highest recharge of all 4

So to break it even more down for you it goes like this :
    claw to tank
    hammer to make most dmg but lose out on recharge a bit
    spear for highest range and good recharge
    sword for an all around win on dmg and recharge

Went through this with woepsie for hours and we came up that sword wins as it is basically the winner all around when using cash shop rechargers but spear comes close second

You say claw is the lowest of all, but considering it's a 1 handed weapon it's actually the highest in comparison to other 1h weapons

Legend Sword

Power :
    72(75)-95(99)
    Weapon Speed : 8
    Attack Rating : 187~211
    Critical : 20%
    Block Rating : N/A

Spec.

Spec.ATK POW: LV/6
    Spec.Critical: 5%

Legend Talon

Attack Power:
    82(85)-99(102)
    Weapon Speed: 8
    Attack Rating: 189~208
    Critical: 18%
    Defense Rating: 90~95

Spec.

Spec.ATK POW: LV/7
    Spec.Critical: 4%

Yes, sword has a bit more crit, etc. But I think claw's damage and added defense makes it the best tanking weapon in the game.

For 2handed weapons, I also agree that the longer range of spear **SEEMS** to me to be a bit slower. Again, I've never actually tested this but it seems like it's true. I personally didn't enjoy the spears I've had against the swords/hammers. However when you get those high damage hits it's nice, but crit from swords is just about unmatched. The way I see it, the difference in the 3 weapons is about how much you need to pray to the RNG gods. Spear = need a lot of luck to get ur crits / max dmg hits. Sword = does need as much luck cuz the higher crit gets you high dmg hits more often. Hammer = reliable high damage. spear and sword can hit higher if you get high dmg hits a lot, but hammer will be very consistant.

RainStar think's hammer is the most boring, but for me I guess I have a soft spot for the under dog. I don't think I know of any mechs that use hammer past level 100 besides SunnyZ. However there are so many high aged MS 108 swords on the market, and 0 hammers. I'll probly end up with a sword if I can get a good price.

well as i tried to explain to you each has its advantages / disadvantage

and all 4 of these depend on the type of game play you are going for

it all depends on the type of situations and the way you like to play

there isn't a flat out winner but like i said sword seems to win if you use cash shop recharges and claw if you want to take it more easy and tank, spear for its nasty max dmg and longest reach and hammers for its consistency

Exactly 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by GameMech View Post
    well as i tried to explain to you each has its advantages / disadvantage

and all 4 of these depend on the type of game play you are going for

it all depends on the type of situations and the way you like to play

there isn't a flat out winner but like i said sword seems to win if you use cash shop recharges and claw if you want to take it more easy and tank, spear for its nasty max dmg and longest reach and hammers for its consistency

i use hammmer

but prefer sword.
    PainKill

PRE-AOR | KZEE | Old school Certified

i use Sword

but All 112 Items its Very Nice .. i Wish to use all 112 items by 1 Char and all them +20 xD
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleMcGryle View Post
    i use hammmer

but prefer sword.

claw and shield combo its actually pretty awesome too if you have a high aged talon
    PainKill

PRE-AOR | KZEE | Old school Certified

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast