Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Knight build

Default Need help with Knight build

Hello friendly players from the land of Priston! Since Event Girl is here, I need help with redistributing my skill points. I'm lvl 88 Knight and just finished tier 5 rank up quest and I have a few questions on what skills to lvl so I can get to 10x quickly;

1) Should I lvl DS or HV?

2) Is it true that HV adds attack POWER and not attack rating? And does it give additional boost to undead monsters?

3) Is Saint Blade fixed? Does it chain with GC? So GC or Saint Blade?

You have a few different ways to approach your quest to lvl100, which depends on your playing style.

There is no one build that will get you to lvl100 fastest. You will have to reset your skills at least once when you get to lvl 95, because from lvl95, you will be hunting undeads in LOC and be able to hunt CC. I am not sure if you could hunt CC at lvl88. I assume you don't participate in CC event. If you can hunt CC, skip the first portion of skill build below and get to the lvl95 skill build.

Up to lvl94, for Tier 1 - 3 skills, I would max Holy Valor, max Brandish, max Grand Cross, and put rest skill points in Drastic Spirit.

About Sword Mastery, keep it at lvl1 and max it if you have extra skill points. This skill is one of the most overrated and misunderstood skill. With 80C TT sword, it is a complete waste of skill points. When maxed, you gain 38% of your Sword Attack Power, not your Total Attack Power. Also, the extra attack power does not get translated same way as when you age your sword. The 38% of the sword attack power is added to your Total Attack Power. After lvl1, each time you put skill points, you get about 2-3 attack power with Perfect TT +12 aged. Complete waste of skill points. You can use those 9 skill points in other more effective skills. For your information, Sword Mastery will return better value as you get better swords.

About Divine Shield, unless you are doing pvp, keep it at lvl1 also. This is another overrated skill. Extra 6% block rate will not prevent high lvl mobs from hitting you when you are holding 2 hands sword. You will feel 0 difference. However, useful if you do pvp.

Up to lvl94, for Tier 4 - 5 skills, I would max Godly Shield, and put rest skill points in Saint Blade.

At lvl88, I would use Brandish as main skill to kill mobs in i1, and Saint Blade for ones that harder to kill such as Grotesque. Once you hit lvl90, do the same thing in i2.

=========================

Now, once you get to lvl95, time for you to hunt some undeads in LOC and CC. You will need to reset your skills.

Tier 1-3, max Holy Body, max Holy Valor, max Grand Cross, and put rest skill points in Drastic Spirit. Once, all those 4 skills are maxed, then start putting points into Sword Mastery.

Note: Holy Body and Drastic Spirit can be used at the same time. You will need to cast Holy Body before Drastic Spirit, however. Holy Body icon will disappear, but it will still work in the background. Also, you will need to watch out for Holy Body timer running out since Drastic Spirit has a longer timer. I recast both Holy Body and Drastic Spirit when the Drastic Spirit timer hits around xx:50 mark.

Tier 4-5, lvl5 Godly Shield, lvl4 Saint Blade, lvl2 Holy Benedic. The only reason I am lvling Godly shield is because you can't put more skill points in Saint Blade or Holy Benedic. If my lvl restriction is not correct, put as much elite points into Saint Blade and Holy Benedic. As you get higher lvl, deduct elite points from Godly Shield and put them in Saint Blade or Holy Benedic. You could keep those extra elite points unused until you get to higher lvl if you don't like to reset your skills. Once you max Saint Blade and Holy Benedic, put rest elite points into Godly Shield.

Version's post is totally obvious, but i'll add some details that version didn't answer you directly.

Yes, HV does give attack power. It adds 39% attack power, and another 39% when you fight against undead monsters. So, basically, you get 39% extra attack power when you fight against normal monsters, and you get 39 + 39 = 78% from HV when you fight against undead.

Saint Blade is not really fixed. There are some minor bugs with this skill, and in my point of view, i don't think GC attaches to Saint Blade at this moment. But now Saint Blade actually gives much more damage than GC, and it's worth to max out as soon as possible.

take it from End.. Stemina lv10 Drastic lv10 SB lv10 HV lv10 HB lv10 both Shield lv10 godly and the other- bradish lv10

good luck

ign : Cueshebay
    Quote Originally Posted by RlKU View Post
    Hello friendly players from the land of Priston! Since Event Girl is here, I need help with redistributing my skill points. I'm lvl 88 Knight and just finished tier 5 rank up quest and I have a few questions on what skills to lvl so I can get to 10x quickly;

1) Should I lvl DS or HV?

2) Is it true that HV adds attack POWER and not attack rating? And does it give additional boost to undead monsters?

3) Is Saint Blade fixed? Does it chain with GC? So GC or Saint Blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Version1035 View Post
    You have a few different ways to approach your quest to lvl100, which depends on your playing style.

There is no one build that will get you to lvl100 fastest. You will have to reset your skills at least once when you get to lvl 95, because from lvl95, you will be hunting undeads in LOC and be able to hunt CC. I am not sure if you could hunt CC at lvl88. I assume you don't participate in CC event. If you can hunt CC, skip the first portion of skill build below and get to the lvl95 skill build.

Up to lvl94, for Tier 1 - 3 skills, I would max Holy Valor, max Brandish, max Grand Cross, and put rest skill points in Drastic Spirit.

About Sword Mastery, keep it at lvl1 and max it if you have extra skill points. This skill is one of the most overrated and misunderstood skill. With 80C TT sword, it is a complete waste of skill points. When maxed, you gain 38% of your Sword Attack Power, not your Total Attack Power. Also, the extra attack power does not get translated same way as when you age your sword. The 38% of the sword attack power is added to your Total Attack Power. After lvl1, each time you put skill points, you get about 2-3 attack power with Perfect TT +12 aged. Complete waste of skill points. You can use those 9 skill points in other more effective skills. For your information, Sword Mastery will return better value as you get better swords.

About Divine Shield, unless you are doing pvp, keep it at lvl1 also. This is another overrated skill. Extra 6% block rate will not prevent high lvl mobs from hitting you when you are holding 2 hands sword. You will feel 0 difference. However, useful if you do pvp.

Up to lvl94, for Tier 4 - 5 skills, I would max Godly Shield, and put rest skill points in Saint Blade.

At lvl88, I would use Brandish as main skill to kill mobs in i1, and Saint Blade for ones that harder to kill such as Grotesque. Once you hit lvl90, do the same thing in i2.

Now, once you get to lvl95, time for you to hunt some undeads in LOC and CC. You will need to reset your skills.

Tier 1-3, max Holy Body, max Holy Valor, max Grand Cross, and put rest skill points in Drastic Spirit. Once, all those 4 skills are maxed, then start putting points into Sword Mastery.

Note: Holy Body and Drastic Spirit can be used at the same time. You will need to cast Holy Body before Drastic Spirit, however. Holy Body icon will disappear, but it will still work in the background. Also, you will need to watch out for Holy Body timer running out since Drastic Spirit has a longer timer. I recast both Holy Body and Drastic Spirit when the Drastic Spirit timer hits around xx:50 mark.

Tier 4-5, lvl5 Godly Shield, lvl4 Saint Blade, lvl2 Holy Benedic. The only reason I am lvling Godly shield is because you can't put more skill points in Saint Blade or Holy Benedic. If my lvl restriction is not correct, put as much elite points into Saint Blade and Holy Benedic. As you get higher lvl, deduct elite points from Godly Shield and put them in Saint Blade or Holy Benedic. You could keep those extra elite points unused until you get to higher lvl if you don't like to reset your skills. Once you max Saint Blade and Holy Benedic, put rest elite points into Godly Shield.
    Thank you, I'll do exactly that to make my knight awesome

One more question, does the buff from Godly Shield work still if I switched to my two handed weapon?

Yup, Godly Shield still works when you switch to your two handed sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Version1035 View Post

Can u explain more details about why knight need grand cross when u have saint blade? maybe saint blade its only for undeads? Not exists a point when Saint Blade its better to grandcross?... i know ur idea about Sword Mastery but for me its better put points here and not in gc.

Thanks for ur advices and my apologies for my bad english .

HV is functional in player vs. player?

Sorry, I've been away for a while.

Saint Blade uses Sword Mastery's attack rating boost. Without the attack rating boost, you will miss a lot once you enter SL. When I say miss a lot, I mean... miss miss miss miss miss miss miss ..hit.. miss miss miss miss miss.. etc...

HV is functional in pvp. With HV, you get 39% attack power boost against all mobs/players, and additional 39% against undeads. The description in the game is wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast